Old January 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
Jay Honeck

Here's the short version, Jim:

I want to build/install a line of blue "chasing" lights, like the "rabbit"
lights that lead to the arrival end of the runway, in our hallway ceiling.
They will lead people from our over-used "wrong" door (the one that goes
into the pilot's lounge, if you recall) directly to our lobby front desk.
They will be activated by a motion sensor, so they don't run 24/7.

These lights will be installed in the ceiling tiles, one every couple of
feet or so. I've found some perfect blue ones at Rat Shack, 1/2 inch
diameter, 12 volt, that would be simple to push through a 1/2 inch hole
drilled in the ceiling tiles. (Others have suggested LEDs instead.)

The problem in a nutshell: How to sequence them?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Jim Weir" wrote in message
I missed the original post on this one...can anybody repost it for me?

And to those of you who want to use microcontrollers and fancy
logic...THWPPTTTTT. One fifty cent CMOS chip and a fe bipolar transistor
drivers will do just fine, thank you.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com