Old January 23rd 04, 03:08 AM
Tom Pappano

Jim Weir wrote:
I missed the original post on this one...can anybody repost it for me?

And to those of you who want to use microcontrollers and fancy
logic...THWPPTTTTT. One fifty cent CMOS chip and a fe bipolar transistor
drivers will do just fine, thank you.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com

Basically, Jay wants to implement a "rabbit" in his hotel
with some small bulbs in the ceiling.

Well, ok but the little mcu I'm thinking of will run at 8 mips,
needs no xtal, has 16 i/o lines, has an 8 chan 10 bit a/d,
2 high speed pwm channels, timers, power supply monitoring,
is a 20 pin dip, costs $1.50,
can be programmed "in situ", and will support high level
language!

Even for really simple devices, it seems the days of
discrete logic are over! 8-)

(Not to mention the relative ease of making changes in
software vs. hardware)

Tom Pappano, PP-ASEL-IA