Old October 30th 18, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Linar Yusupov

Default "Do It Yourself" airborne proximity warning device

Mike,

Mark Hawkins has it working with iGlide via WiFi.

Hmm. Are you sure?
He wrote earlier that:

3. Have gotten it to connect via Bluetooth LE (BLE) to iSoar which seems to process the PF sentences just as it does from other devices

As for iGlide, Air Avionics does not specify he https://www.air-avionics.com/?page_id=507
that it is able to do BLE, but they do AirConnect instead.

T-Beam's are shipped with either RC4 or RC5 SoftRF firmware versions. NMEA TCP (AirConnect) option was not available at that time yet. So build of the firmware from current source code and re-flashing is necessary.

I would also appreciate if someone will confirm that ForeFlight is dong fine with SoftRF over Garmin GDL90.
I have not done it by myself yet, as well as never seen reports about that from builders worldwide.

Linar.