Old April 10th 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default Fabric Adhesive Question

On Tuesday, April 9, 2019 at 2:17:00 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
To the RAS knowledge base -

I had to strip some fabric liner from my cockpit (LAK17AT) to do some wiring. The original adhesive looks like a spray or brush product. It is no longer "sticky".

I put the fabric back in place with double sided tape. That has failed. (Possibly due to our colder temps.)

What is the best product to use for holding the fabric in place?

Thanks in advance -

Lou

Chances are they originally used brushed or sprayed on contact cement, which you can just simply re-apply. If not familiar with it's application you should read up on it first. Note; there are mainly "green" labeled contact cements available in hardware stores and my experience with them is negative at best. The old fashioned stuff nowadays comes in small containers only, and one needs to look for it.