400 Chicago Flights cancelled

Old December 10th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default 400 Chicago Flights cancelled

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...ertainment-utl

Nothing like freezing rain to throw a wrench in the gears. I'm
familiar with the normal chaos of O'Hare -- I simply can't imagine
what it's like with 400 cancelled flights. You couldn't pay me enough
to wade into that mess tonight.

We've had 22 degree freezing fog, mist and drizzle all day. NOTHING
is flying here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 10th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...ertainment-utl

Nothing like freezing rain to throw a wrench in the gears. I'm
familiar with the normal chaos of O'Hare -- I simply can't imagine
what it's like with 400 cancelled flights. You couldn't pay me enough
to wade into that mess tonight.

We've had 22 degree freezing fog, mist and drizzle all day. NOTHING
is flying here.
--

Same weather in Tulsa, just 5 to 10 warmer. Heavy tree losses.

Old December 10th 07, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...ec10,0,7708189
.story?coll=chi-entertainment-utl

Nothing like freezing rain to throw a wrench in the gears. I'm
familiar with the normal chaos of O'Hare -- I simply can't imagine
what it's like with 400 cancelled flights. You couldn't pay me enough
to wade into that mess tonight.

I bet that's only about 10% of the flights out of there on a Holiday
Sunday...

And I also bet they cancel over 100 flights every time the wind blows there.
O'Hare is about the worst airport in the country as far as on-time and
cancellation performance...

Oh, the end of the story said that MDW was fine... Imagine that - must have
been a very localized weather problem.
Old December 11th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Dec 10, 7:05 am, Judah wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote :

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...webdec10,0,770...
.story?coll=chi-entertainment-utl

Nothing like freezing rain to throw a wrench in the gears. I'm
familiar with the normal chaos of O'Hare -- I simply can't imagine
what it's like with 400 cancelled flights. You couldn't pay me enough
to wade into that mess tonight.

I bet that's only about 10% of the flights out of there on a Holiday
Sunday...

And I also bet they cancel over 100 flights every time the wind blows there.
O'Hare is about the worst airport in the country as far as on-time and
cancellation performance...

Oh, the end of the story said that MDW was fine... Imagine that - must have
been a very localized weather problem.

This is a reversal from past winters when MDW would get messed up and
ORD was better..funny what a wrongful death lawsuit will do to ground
ops...JG
Old December 13th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Maxwell" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...ertainment-utl

Nothing like freezing rain to throw a wrench in the gears. I'm
familiar with the normal chaos of O'Hare -- I simply can't imagine
what it's like with 400 cancelled flights. You couldn't pay me enough
to wade into that mess tonight.

We've had 22 degree freezing fog, mist and drizzle all day. NOTHING
is flying here.
--

Same weather in Tulsa, just 5 to 10 warmer. Heavy tree losses.

First time back on line since Sunday night. I live four miles from the
center of downtown Tulsa, and was without power for 74 hours. I haven't seen
Tulsa paralyzed like this since a March blizzard in the mid-60s, some 40
years ago. Power company has imported some 7000 workers with related
vehicles from other power companies all over the south. I haven't seen what
has been hitting the news, since all I have had has been local radio, but I
hope to have some pics available in a week or so. Will be busy with local
neighbors trying to help reopen all the screens for the next week or so.

Old December 13th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

First time back on line since Sunday night. I live four miles from the
center of downtown Tulsa, and was without power for 74 hours.

Whew -- sounds like a mess!

Nothing that bad here in Iowa, but Mary and I have spent a few hours
over the last couple of days working a chainsaw to cut up the downed
tree limbs. We lost power at the hotel for about 30 minutes (which
is the longest we've EVER lost power), and there are still thousands
of (mostly rural) folks without electricity.

Luckily bright sunshine this afternoon is finally melting the stuff
off the wires. The only thing that saved us from more power outages
was the fact that there was almost no wind during the storm.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 13th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
First time back on line since Sunday night. I live four miles from the
center of downtown Tulsa, and was without power for 74 hours.

Whew -- sounds like a mess!

Nothing that bad here in Iowa, but Mary and I have spent a few hours
over the last couple of days working a chainsaw to cut up the downed
tree limbs. We lost power at the hotel for about 30 minutes (which
is the longest we've EVER lost power), and there are still thousands
of (mostly rural) folks without electricity.

No TV...no DVD...No ESPN!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

Old December 13th 07, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:39:17 -0700, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:

No TV...no DVD...No ESPN!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

I could think of something to do. G
Old December 14th 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

wrote:

No TV...no DVD...No ESPN!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

I could think of something to do. G

Dig out the hangar door.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old December 14th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

"Bob Noel" wrote in message

wrote:

No TV...no DVD...No ESPN!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

I could think of something to do. G

Dig out the hangar door.

I always said if the Islamofascists ever REALLY wanted to **** us off,
they'd knock out the cable TV feeds.

REGION 6 SOUTH CANCELLED Region 6 Contest Manager Soaring 0 June 9th 04 02:29 AM
F/A-22's getting cancelled? p6pentiumpro Military Aviation 0 April 16th 04 09:32 AM
Comanche cancelled? Jim Caldwell Military Aviation 1 March 7th 04 01:17 PM
Comanche cancelled fffasdef Rotorcraft 2 February 24th 04 03:22 AM
3rd World Air Games cancelled Stewart Kissel Soaring 0 January 29th 04 08:07 PM