Marriage Proposal via ATC

Old October 26th 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Default Marriage Proposal via ATC

Allen posted this under rec.aviation.student
and I felt that it should have a broader audience so I'm reposting it here.

A NavCanada Air Traffic Controller proposing to a young
lady on an Air Canada flight.

http://www.aviatordave.com/sounds/yvrspecialemail.mp3

Guys,
Get your girlfriend or wife to listen to this one.

Girls,
It was sweet but don't expect your boyfriends to go to this extent.

David - KGYH

Old October 26th 06, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
zatatime

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:01:51 -0400, "FLAV8R"
wrote:

Allen posted this under rec.aviation.student
and I felt that it should have a broader audience so I'm reposting it here.

A NavCanada Air Traffic Controller proposing to a young
lady on an Air Canada flight.

http://www.aviatordave.com/sounds/yvrspecialemail.mp3

Guys,
Get your girlfriend or wife to listen to this one.

Girls,
It was sweet but don't expect your boyfriends to go to this extent.

David - KGYH

That was pretty cool.

Thanks for sharing.
Old October 26th 06, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "FLAV8R" said:
Allen posted this under rec.aviation.student
and I felt that it should have a broader audience so I'm reposting it here.

A NavCanada Air Traffic Controller proposing to a young
lady on an Air Canada flight.

http://www.aviatordave.com/sounds/yvrspecialemail.mp3

I was expecting

ATC clears Victor India Charlie Kilo India to holy matrimony, to have and
to hold, expect further clearance when death do you part, time now - the
rest of your life.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"You are all but subwidgets in a composite container whose logical tab
Old October 26th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

They seemed pretty flexible about "bringing her to the flight deck"
was this before all the post 9/11 paranoia?

--Dan

Old October 26th 06, 08:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Dan wrote:
They seemed pretty flexible about "bringing her to the flight deck"
was this before all the post 9/11 paranoia?

--Dan

1. Air Canada.
2. They were on the ground at the time.
Old October 26th 06, 11:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:42:36 +0000 (UTC), Paul Tomblin wrote:

I was expecting

ATC clears Victor India Charlie Kilo India to holy matrimony, to have and
to hold, expect further clearance when death do you part, time now - the
rest of your life.

We had this at our wedding:
http://www.hotze.priv.at/hochzeit/checklist.htm
http://www.hotze.priv.at/hochzeit/checklist2.htm

#m
--
Arabic T-shirt sparks airport row

I Am Not A Terrorist http://itsnotallbad.com/iamnotaterrorist/
Old October 26th 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

"Dan" wrote in message ...
They seemed pretty flexible about "bringing her to the flight deck"
was this before all the post 9/11 paranoia?

--Dan

I don't have an exact date as to when it actually took place but I
know it was in Vancouver (YVR) and that the controllers name
is Bryson Katzel, and his fiancée is Christine Watters.
The first date of this recording popping up on the internet is
Saturday, April 08, 2006 on the following website:
http://airplanepilot.blogspot.com/20...-proposal.html

More webs having the same post are listed below:

http://www.futurastudios.com/atc-marry-me.html

http://www.pilotsofthecaribbean.com

http://www.cigarintel.com/agency/?p=1162

David - KGYH

Old October 26th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

...and to add another one to the pilot proposals :
Not being a banner flyer I did the reverse thing. Put a 50 ft banner
reading "Will you marry me?" on the ground of a friend's ranch and took
my girlfriend up in a Skyhawk under the pretense of visiting the folks
there. After two 360s at 1000 ft we headed off to the next airport to
exchange rings.

Old October 27th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
.Blueskies.

:
: A NavCanada Air Traffic Controller proposing to a young
: lady on an Air Canada flight.
:
: http://www.aviatordave.com/sounds/yvrspecialemail.mp3
:
: Guys,
: Get your girlfriend or wife to listen to this one.
:
: Girls,
: It was sweet but don't expect your boyfriends to go to this extent.
:
: David - KGYH
:
:

I wonder where those coms are covered in the regs? I don't recall the reading this in the pilot controller glossary. I
suppose things are much freer up in Canada....

Old October 27th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
aaronw

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:44:56 +0200, Martin Hotze
wrote:

We had this at our wedding:
http://www.hotze.priv.at/hochzeit/checklist.htm
http://www.hotze.priv.at/hochzeit/checklist2.htm

I don't comment often, but this is the funniest thing I have seen in a
long time.

definitely aimed for a select audience.

aw