Logger on PowerFlarm?

Old July 9th 12, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

Default Logger on PowerFlarm?

Any word on enabling the logger on the PowerFlarm? I'd sure like to use it.
Old July 11th 12, 06:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I second this question. This was a huge reason that I bought a PowerFlarm too. A simple search online only produces the claim that the PF will be able to be used as a flight recorder, but no follow up information. Can anyone elaborate? What needs to be done before this feature can be used? Will it happen this year? This Northern Hemisphere Summer Soaring Season? What are we waiting for? Does the Firmware currently support the feature, but isnt turned on, or has that firmware not even been developed? If not, why?
Old July 11th 12, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

Core collision avoidance functionality had priority over the flight recording.
Now that the users are happy with the first, we can move on to the 'fringe benefits' of PowerFLARM.

ETA for IGC format recording is Q3/2012, that version will then be submitted to IGC for approval which we hope to receive before the start of the Northern Hemisphere season 2013.
Updates (for North American customers) will be free and possible through USB stick / SD card or via IGC type serial cable.
Old July 11th 12, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:44:38 AM UTC-4, PMSC Member wrote:
... a way to extract a flight log, secure, approved
or otherwise. I agree, it was a factor in my decision to order. It
helped justify the lofty price.

Agreed. That's the way I look at it. The flight recorder plus the PCAS ability make the Powerflarm a 3 in 1 device. The more devices a PowerFlarm replaces, the more people will install it, and the better the primary collision avoidance function will work.

I think a lot of people are holding off until all the functions work and the antenna related issues are optimized. Of course, the price will probably go up at that point... so best to get in early at the introductory price.
Old July 11th 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Jul 11, 8:58*am, FLARM wrote:

ETA for IGC format recording is Q3/2012, that version will then be submitted to IGC for approval which we hope to receive before the start of the Northern Hemisphere season 2013.
Updates (for North American customers) will be free and possible through USB stick / SD card or via IGC type serial cable.

Thanks for the status report. That helps.

-Evan / T8
Old July 25th 12, 10:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

PowerFLARM firmware version 2.40 released
This release is the same for both Portable and Brick and is strongly recommended for all units.
http://powerflarm.us/2012/07/firmwar...2-40-released/
Old July 27th 12, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:32:33 PM UTC-7, FLARM wrote:
PowerFLARM firmware version 2.40 released
This release is the same for both Portable and Brick and is strongly recommended for all units.
http://powerflarm.us/2012/07/firmwar...2-40-released/

Thanks FLARM for the update. I did notice the Pressure sensor error coming up every now and then which needed rebooting of the powerflarm each time, so the fix is very welcome.
However I did not receive any notification although I registered online. Shouldn't we expect to be notified by email rather than (or in addition to) RAS?

Ramy
Old July 27th 12, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Jul 26, 10:13*pm, Ramy wrote:
On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 2:32:33 PM UTC-7, FLARM wrote:
PowerFLARM firmware version 2.40 released
This release is the same for both Portable and Brick and is strongly recommended for all units.
http://powerflarm.us/2012/07/firmwar...2-40-released/

Thanks FLARM for the update. I did notice the Pressure sensor error coming up every now and then which needed rebooting of the powerflarm each time, so the fix is very welcome.
However I did not receive any notification although I registered online. Shouldn't we expect to be notified by email rather than (or in addition to) RAS?

Ramy

I got it by email yesterday. Maybe check your spam filters....

-Evan / T8

PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
3D Logger sisu1a Soaring 0 June 27th 10 05:23 PM
EW Logger [email protected] Soaring 10 January 9th 09 09:30 PM
Looking for a Logger [email protected] Soaring 0 August 3rd 06 05:47 PM
Logger Ralf S. Soaring 3 February 21st 04 04:49 AM