XC planning

Old May 24th 04, 06:59 PM
Duane MacInnis

Default XC planning

There was a thread ages ago about the ideal list of things to take on a
long XC. I've lost it in a disk crash.

Can anyone send this to me?

Thanks

Duane
Old May 24th 04, 07:24 PM
Peter Duniho

http://groups.google.com/

Old May 24th 04, 08:26 PM
David Megginson

Duane MacInnis wrote:

There was a thread ages ago about the ideal list of things to take on a
long XC. I've lost it in a disk crash.

A quick search on Google isn't enough to find the thread (too many postings
on long cross countries). Aside from the usual (charts, approach plates,
spare batteries, survival gear, half the clothes you think you need and
twice the money) I think that the most obvious choices would be these:

- a few basic tools
- a few extra liters/quarts of oil (I find it surprising how often people
are temporarily out of 15w50)
- a small bicycle pump and pressure gauge for your tires,
- some spare bulbs for your landing light, panel lights, and flashlights (if
the flashlights aren't LED)

Some extra rags or paper towels for wiping the oil dipstick and an extra
fuel-testing cup probably wouldn't hurt.

A few years ago, AvWeb reprinted an article with suggestions for a
travelling toolkit:

http://www.avweb.com/news/maint/182906-1.html

I don't have anywhere near this much stuff in my toolkit, but I guess it's a
good excuse to hit the tool store on a rainy Saturday.

All the best,

David
Old May 25th 04, 01:48 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Duane MacInnis wrote:

There was a thread ages ago about the ideal list of things to take on a
long XC.

A VISA card with unlimited credit limit is about all you need. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that one. :-(

George Patterson
I childproofed my house, but they *still* get in.
Old May 25th 04, 04:29 AM
Teacherjh

A VISA card with unlimited credit limit is about all you need. :-)

A VISA card you don't have to pay back would be even better.

Jose

Old May 25th 04, 08:13 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Duane MacInnis wrote:

There was a thread ages ago about the ideal list of things to take on a
long XC.

A VISA card with unlimited credit limit is about all you need. :-)

Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of that one. :-(

The American Express Card...don't leave home without it!!

(Our corporate AMEX bill each month is STAGGERING!! running a Jetprop 1000
and a Citation CJ1)