Airmen Registry Question

Old January 12th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Airmen Registry Question

When is the airmen registry updated? Is it updated when they get around to
updating a particular persons record, or is it done as a whole on a
particular basis. The reason I ask is because I have been checking every
day to see when they add on my PPL. However I noticed at the bottom of the
screen that is says Last Updated: Tuesday 13 September, 2005. That appears
on every page within the registry. Is that referring to the information
contained within the registry, or is that the last time the updated the way
the website looks?

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com

Old January 12th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Huthmaker" wrote in message
nk.net...
When is the airmen registry updated? Is it updated when they get around

updating a particular persons record, or is it done as a whole on a
particular basis. The reason I ask is because I have been checking every
day to see when they add on my PPL. However I noticed at the bottom of

the
screen that is says Last Updated: Tuesday 13 September, 2005. That

appears
on every page within the registry. Is that referring to the information
contained within the registry, or is that the last time the updated the

way
the website looks?

Probably when they released that copy of the database to others... Where you
accessing it from? Landings.com or the actual FAA site? I would not expect
the FAA to be doing realtime updates and releases... Probably gets batched
and they might make a couple of releases a year... Or maybe just yearly
updates... Wouldn't want to overwork 'em, ya' know...

Old January 12th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I was accessing the registry directly from
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airm...ry/default.asp

Yes, we wouldn't want to over work the FAA

Old January 12th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I was going to ask if you are you checking the registry via the FAA site or
via a third party but I took a second and checked the FAA database and you
are still a student as far as the database in concerned.

Have you received your permanent certificate yet?

Old January 12th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

My brother filed a chnage of address with the FAA that they
acknowledged five years later. Of course the regs give you like 6
weeks to do so.........

Old January 12th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I renewed my CFI on October 15, 2005 at an AOPA FIRC in
Wichita. The FAA site showed the new expiration date,
reflecting the renewal, on December 8, 2005 and the new
plastic certificate arrived a week later in the mail.

Each file is updated as required.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Grumman-581" wrote
in message ...

Old January 12th 06, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I turned my cellphone on this morning and it ran with a
message. Said there was one new message, when I listened,
it was dated SEPTEMBER 2005!

The FAA does not acknowledge a change of address unless you
request a new certificate and pay the $2 fee.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

oups.com...

Old January 12th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It takes 60-90 days, sometimes even longer for a new
certificate.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

ink.net...

Old January 12th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"John Huthmaker" wrote:
When is the airmen registry updated?

I kept waiting for my certificate in the mail. My daughter (CFI in
another state) told me to keep watching the airman registry and said
once that reflects your new rating, your updated certificate arrives
within a week in the mail. Not sure where she got that info, but it was
right on the money twice. Seems they update the database and snail mail
the certificate at the same time, or thereabout (really close to the 120
days).