GAs new pilots

Old November 5th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gene Seibel

Default GAs new pilots

FAA reviewing football fly-over

A 17-year-old Hopewell High student was apparently acting on a dare
when he did a fly-over prank at a Hopewell High football game Friday,
at one point dipping below the stadium lights.........

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_ne...ry/348230.html
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/

Old November 5th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Gene Seibel posted:

FAA reviewing football fly-over

A 17-year-old Hopewell High student was apparently acting on a dare
when he did a fly-over prank at a Hopewell High football game Friday,
at one point dipping below the stadium lights.........

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_ne...ry/348230.html

Interesting wording...

"FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said that if it is proved that the pilot
broke rules, his pilot's license could be suspended or revoked."

and

"If it can be proven that lives were endangered, those involved could face
a minimum of a 10-day suspension and possible expulsion."

Why would this be hard to prove with so many eye witnesses to the event?

Neil

Old November 5th 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
news
Interesting wording...

"FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said that if it is proved that the pilot
broke rules, his pilot's license could be suspended or revoked."

and

"If it can be proven that lives were endangered, those involved could face
a minimum of a 10-day suspension and possible expulsion."

Why would this be hard to prove with so many eye witnesses to the event?

FAA: What was the aircraft's altitude?
Witness #1: "It must have been about 1,000 feet"
Witness #2: "Really low! It was like 50 feet above the ground!"

About the explulsion, I think they're talking about his high school.
regardless, good luck "proving" that lives were in "danger." The pilot will
claim he had it under control the entire time and that there was no danger.

To me, that guy's in line for a Darwin award and deserves to get his ticket
revoked immediately before his kills a passenger.

Marco

Old November 5th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Gene Seibel wrote:
FAA reviewing football fly-over

A 17-year-old Hopewell High student was apparently acting on a dare
when he did a fly-over prank at a Hopewell High football game Friday,
at one point dipping below the stadium lights.........

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_ne...ry/348230.html
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Flying Machine - http://pad39a.com/gene/
Because we fly, we envy no one.

Met a college prof back in the sixties. Real ball of fire. Believed in
"living life NOW!!"

He bought himself an F8F Bearcat and tried to fly the wings off of it,
buzzing everything in sight. I remember he did a REAL job on the Yale
Bowl in 67 if I remember the year right.
He finally put it in one day on a cross country no less. I think he was
on his way up to Cornell to give a lecture.

Buzz jobs are generally bad news; aside from the regulations issues,
they are usually performed by pilots not used to the visual cues
experienced at extreme low altitude flying, especially with the airplane
at maximum performance. There's trouble in this venue for the uninitiated.

Most pilots get the "urge" on occasion and suppress it. I highly
recommend doing that.

This having been said, I should admit to owning what is probably the
most widely publicized buzz job ever performed in a Mustang, so even I
wasn't immune. :-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old November 5th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Gardner

I once had a "student" who was starting his training over from day one
because he flew over a high school football game and threw out a dummy. His
private certificate was revoked for a year, after which he had to take the
written again...all of his logged time still counted. Last I heard he was
flying 727's over in Europe.

Bob Gardner

ups.com...

Old November 5th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Gene Seibel" wrote in message
ups.com...
FAA reviewing football fly-over

A 17-year-old Hopewell High student was apparently acting on a dare
when he did a fly-over prank at a Hopewell High football game Friday,
at one point dipping below the stadium lights.........

GAsNewPilots = GAsNewPilots - 1

Odds are his parents paid for his pilots license. Now he'll probably have
to bum a ride from his buddies just to go to the movies on Friday night. My
non-pilot coworker pointed out, however, that if all of the objects hit the
endzone it must have been a pretty good drop.

-c

Old November 6th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jeff[_1_]

Buzz jobs are generally bad news; aside from the regulations issues, they
are usually performed by pilots not used to the visual cues experienced at
extreme low altitude flying, especially with the airplane at maximum
performance. There's trouble in this venue for the uninitiated.

Most pilots get the "urge" on occasion and suppress it. I highly recommend
doing that.

This having been said, I should admit to owning what is probably the most
widely publicized buzz job ever performed in a Mustang, so even I wasn't
immune. :-))

do tell!

On a side note, I was at a Tennessee Titans football game a few years back
that made the national scene...and not for the football game. We had an
F-18 flyover...er...ok...fly-through. There were two planes...one stayed
kinda high and the other was doing the buzzing at the end of the national
anthem. Being the broke bugger that I am (paying for flying), I had seats
that were 3 rows from the top of the stadium. With NO exagerration, I had
to look down to see the plane. That guy put the plane INSIDE the stadium.

The next week, there were no fly-overs and they put a nix on anything
similar since.....

jf

Old November 6th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
CJ[_2_]

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
news
Recently, Gene Seibel posted:

FAA reviewing football fly-over

A 17-year-old Hopewell High student was apparently acting on a dare
when he did a fly-over prank at a Hopewell High football game Friday,
at one point dipping below the stadium lights.........

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_ne...ry/348230.html

Interesting wording...

"FAA spokeswoman Kathleen Bergen said that if it is proved that the pilot
broke rules, his pilot's license could be suspended or revoked."

and

"If it can be proven that lives were endangered, those involved could face
a minimum of a 10-day suspension and possible expulsion."

Why would this be hard to prove with so many eye witnesses to the event?

Neil

"Knowing" is different than "proving". Knowing might be seeing or YouTube.
Proving requires dollars, lawyers, "independent" witnesses, yada-yada.

I know what I've done in my life. Prove it.

-CJ

Old November 6th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, CJ posted:

"Neil Gould" wrote in message
news
[...]

Some things are more abstract than others. Unless there are irreconcilable
discrepancies in their reports, the statements from eyewitnesses to an
event are usually regarded as "proof" of that event. In this case, it
would be unlikely that a stadium full of people would underestimate the
altitude of the plane by 1,000 feet.

Neil

Looking for private pilots (as safety pilots) within 100nm of Cincinnati Alex P. Piloting 4 October 4th 07 08:20 PM
Thanks to the Pilots CH Piloting 0 June 23rd 07 01:54 AM
Pilots Helping Pilots Henry and Debbie McFarland Piloting 3 May 11th 07 12:20 AM
About Good Pilots and Bad Pilots Dudley Henriques Piloting 96 February 23rd 06 01:19 AM
Is it time to arm crop duster pilots as well as airline pilots? Larry Dighera Piloting 12 April 6th 04 08:47 PM