Craggyaero...Craggyservice?

Old March 1st 04, 03:46 PM
Andrew Henderson

Default Craggyaero...Craggyservice?

Sent an e-mail to Richard at Craggyaero saying I was
interested in the S-Nav for sale on his web site and
asking for the cost to send it to the UK.

Cambridge S-NAV Ver 7.9 Includes, vario readout,
capacity flask. $600.00

Never received a reply to my e-mail but noticed within
a few hours it was listed as Sold on the web site.

Fair enough, admit it was already sold and the web
site was out of date. I would live with that. But don't
just change the site and not reply to the e-mail.

One less customer for the future.

Andy

Old March 1st 04, 06:03 PM
Marc Ramsey

Andrew Henderson wrote:
Never received a reply to my e-mail but noticed within
a few hours it was listed as Sold on the web site.

FWIW, a general comment on email these days. Anyone who has a fairly
well spread valid email address (i.e., numerous postings on r.a.s and
web sites, etc.) currently receive anywhere from hundreds to thousands
of spam messages, bounce messages from virus emails with spoofed from
addresses, etc. My spam filter software probably incorrectly marks less
than 1 percent of good email as junk, but that still amounts to several
emails a week going into the junk folder that shouldn't be there.
Sometimes I go through the folder looking for such messages, sometimes I
just don't have the time or patience.

Also be aware that some ISPs are now quietly blocking emails from other
ISPs, to "protect" their customers from spam. I can no longer
communicate via email with a partner in one of my gliders, as his ISP
has decided to block a whole range of IP addresses, which happens to
include mine.

If you send an email to someone expecting a reply, and don't get one in
a day or two, send another. Or better yes, use the phone...

Marc
Old March 1st 04, 06:40 PM
Gary Boggs

I'm sure his not responding was because of a spam filter, Dick is always
very responsive and extremely patient with his customers. He spent much
time with me when I had problems figuring out my iPAQ.

Let's not be so quick to trash the good name of our truly good vendors!

--
Gary Boggs
3650 Airport Dr.
"Marc Ramsey" wrote in message
. com...

Old March 1st 04, 06:41 PM
Richard Pfiffner

Andrew

I tried to email twice, but your email service provider kept rejecting my
emails. 02/26/2004

Sorry Andy

The S-NAV is sold

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

I sent the email to '

Sorry Again

Richard.

"Andrew Henderson" k wrote
in message ...

Old March 2nd 04, 08:27 AM
Mark Stevens

Andrew,

Unfortunately this is a creeping problem everywhere
- I'm resigned to the fact that when someone sends
(or even in the past think they've sent) me an email
they magically assume it's arrived and been actioned
without any further interaction ..

Equally some people are very bad at dealing with emails...

Using return receipts are part of the solution, although
it's easy to turn these off in the receiving email
client.

I suspect you're miffed about not being able to buy
the LNAV, but to be fair it's not as though you had
sent money and were waiting for the goods.. In my
view it's perhaps a little bit of an over-reaction
to post here... ? especially since Richard has pointed
out that it was your mail provider bouncing his replies
to you...

Mark

At 18:54 01 March 2004, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
Andrew

I tried to email twice, but your email service provider
kept rejecting my
emails. 02/26/2004

Sorry Andy

The S-NAV is sold

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

I sent the email to '

Sorry Again

Richard.

'Andrew Henderson' wrote
in message ...

Old March 2nd 04, 05:50 PM
JohnD

Andrew:
Probably just a simple mistake. Richard has always been responsive and
helpful to me. Even taking the time to explain products he didn't sell
me! One of the better vendors I have worked with in this sport.

Old March 3rd 04, 02:00 AM
Michael

Guess, he had many, many inquiries for it. The US Dollar is so cheap
once you are paid in Euros or Pounds....
Cheers
Michael
Old March 3rd 04, 06:31 AM
Chet

I'll second this. Richard was most helpful and has always been very
responsive to all emails.

Chet

Old March 2nd 04, 10:52 PM
Andrew Henderson

Mark,

Although unsatisfied with the responses to my posting
I had decided to leave it until yours.

Let me make a few things clear:

I do not use any anti spam software and therefore screen
all e-mails myself. The problem is increasing in the
UK but is not desperate yet. Although when people post
your actual e-mail address in a reply it may well get
worse (thanks Richard).

“Using return receipts are part of the solution, although
it's easy to turn these off in the receiving email
client.”
This is no solution whatsoever.

“I suspect you're miffed about not being able to buy
the LNAV, but to be fair it's not as though you had
sent money and were waiting for the goods.. In my
view it's perhaps a little bit of an over-reaction
to post here... ? especially since Richard has pointed
out that it was your mail provider bouncing his replies
to you...”

Too right. It was on the web site for sale. However
as I said in the first posting:
“Fair enough, admit it was already sold and the web
site was out of date. I would live with that. But don't
just change the site and not reply to the e-mail.”
I might add that Richard isn’t afraid of using this
forum to advertise his products and should therefore
live with the criticisms. I fully support the few people
who put so much effort into our sport ands welcome
the odd advert to let us know what is out there.

Re my e-mail provider bouncing messages:
If it does happen then I am not aware of it with my
ISP. I have always received e-mails (however unpalatable).
I run a gliding newsgroup and get e-mails from all
over the world and have NEVER had anyone say their
e-mails had not got through.

I have purchased two similar vario’s from the USA one
from Tim Mara at Wings and Wheels and one privately.
Both have been exceptional, communicative and fair
in their dealings.

I am sure that Richard will have lots of satisfied
customers who will spring to his defence. But in this
case his response served only to ensure I wouldn’t
make the effort again.

Regards

Andy

Old March 2nd 04, 10:59 PM
Jack

On 3/2/04 4:52 PM, in article ,
"Andrew Henderson" k wrote:

I am sure that Richard will have lots of satisfied
customers who will spring to his defence. But in this
case his response served only to ensure I wouldn’t
make the effort again.

Looked OK to me, but some guys just look for an excuse to pick a fight.

I'll be happy to take AH's place on Richard's customer list. I'm on my way
to browse his site now.

Jack