TSA panics over baptism device

Old January 6th 04, 03:15 PM
C J Campbell

Default TSA panics over baptism device

http://www.thesunlink.com/redesign/2...l/369997.shtml

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor
Port Orchard, WA

If you go around beating the Bush, don't complain if you rile the animals.

Old January 6th 04, 04:36 PM
Ron Natalie

"Peter MacPherson" wrote in message newssAKb.764670$Fm2.731784@attbi_s04...
I always feel so much safer knowing the TSA is on the job.....

Yes, safe from the fear that Al Quada would throw holy water at you.

Old January 6th 04, 06:05 PM
Peter MacPherson

Or the 90 year old lady "terrorist" in front of me that the TSA
thankfully pulled aside for further "screening". I had my eye on
her also....I'm glad the TSA was on top of things.... ; ^ )

m...

Old January 6th 04, 07:22 PM
Gig Giacona

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
http://www.thesunlink.com/redesign/2...l/369997.shtml

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor
Port Orchard, WA

If you go around beating the Bush, don't complain if you rile the animals.

According to your link the TSA saw an X-ray of a device looked like a pipe
bomb and the person carrying it wouldn't or couldn't tell them what it was.
Sounds about right to me.

Next time we could have them call you and I'm sure you'd be willing to go
open the package.

Old January 6th 04, 07:44 PM
Geoffrey Barnes

Look, I'm not in love with the TSA or anything, but it does rather sound
like they did what they are supposed to do, and what I would want them to
do. If something looks like a pipe bomb, and the person carrying it admits
that (1) he has no idea what it is, and (2) somebody else gave it to him to
carry onto the aircraft, what would you have the TSA do? Ignore it?

Old January 6th 04, 10:45 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"Geoffrey Barnes" wrote in message
ink.net...
Look, I'm not in love with the TSA or anything, but it does rather sound
like they did what they are supposed to do, and what I would want them to
do. If something looks like a pipe bomb, and the person carrying it

admits
that (1) he has no idea what it is, and (2) somebody else gave it to him

carry onto the aircraft, what would you have the TSA do? Ignore it?

Have him open it, while standing back.

Old January 7th 04, 04:33 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter Gottlieb wrote:

Have him open it, while standing back.

Not me. If it really *is* a bomb, I want him still alive. He'll be able to talk
a little better that way.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 7th 04, 12:13 AM
Dave S

This, unfortunately, doesnt sound like an over-reaction.

Things to remember: the person carrying it didnt know what it was/what
was in there.

Kinda reminds me about something Jay Honeck was complaining about a few
days ago.. again.. strange object that the passenger didnt pack..

If you fly commercial.. you need to have some common sense.. because we
are PAYING the TSA to assume the worst, prepare for the worst, and act
for the worst case scenario... not to assume/say.. its ok.. its JUST
a.... (fill in the blank)
Good job.
Dave

Old January 7th 04, 04:04 PM
Dave

"Dave S" wrote in message
ink.net...
This, unfortunately, doesnt sound like an over-reaction.

The passenger broke the golden rule, having something given to him which he
did not know what it was.

To get as far as the security screeners he must have lied at check -in.

In the UK the first question are you carrying anything given to you by
someone else.

If the answer is yes then you are hauled off for examination. A mark is also
made on the boarding card and you are monitored right up to boarding.

If you answer no and you are then found to be carrying something like this
guy, you are denied boarding, checked luggage is identified and deplaned and
then you go to jail. You also find it difficult to buy more airline tickets.

So no over reaction

DIY DF device John Home Built 15 May 4th 04 11:32 PM
Plane with no stall warning device? Roy Smith General Aviation 23 February 17th 04 03:23 AM
PC flight simulators Bjørnar Bolsøy Military Aviation 178 December 14th 03 12:14 PM
Coalition casualties for October Michael Petukhov Military Aviation 16 November 4th 03 11:14 PM
New affordable high performance anti-collision device for general aviation Thierry Piloting 1 October 21st 03 08:06 PM