Marske Flying Wings do not stall

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 31st 03, 03:50 PM
Marske Flying Wings

Default Marske Flying Wings do not stall

I did a modest cross country in the Pioneer IId yesterday but what is most
interesting was that I am exploring all of the flight envelope and yesterday
was stalls. When I pulled the stick all the way back slowly I suddenly found
that my airspeed had fallen to zero where I held it for quite some time and
my sink rate was 100 down. And I have it on video! I did this many times
although there was tendency to turn to the left since we have a left turn in
the glider.

The airspeed system was calibrated recently, both the airspeed instrument
and the installation, however I did not do the calibration for zero
airspeed... so it could be off slightly.

I have posted a picture on the web site showing the airspeed near zero and
will post a video shortly.

http://www.continuo.com/marske/pione...%20pioneer.htm

This is rather a long address so if this does not work go to our web site
and find "Marske Pioneer IId"

-mat

I have been recording all of this on video to give some credibillity to my
claims.
--
Marske Flying Wings
http://www.continuo.com/marske