Glider computers - what's important?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 8th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike[_8_]

Default Glider computers - what's important?

On Mar 8, 12:45 pm, "Richard" wrote:
Mike,

I reread my post but and never saw the word worthless. But now I
will go to my corner and look up the word sufferance.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

On Mar 8, 11:26 am, "Mike" wrote:

First of all I did not bring up how great free programs were- you
brought up how worthless they are-if you care to check your post. I
mentioned however that XCSOAR is a good program -which it is.

Come on Richard, tell us point by point how superior See You is over
XCSOAR . Prove your point to us-that it is a worthless program-you
know....as you say that it is worth what you pay for it.

Mike

On Mar 8, 11:58 am, "Richard" wrote:

Mike,

First of all you brought up the issue of how great the free programs
are - compared to what? WinPilot and SeeYou simulators are free,
both can be downloaded from my website for evaluation, you only need
the passwords to have a hassel free connection to your GPS.

My biased opinion is the SeeYou and WinPilot are as easy or easier to
use than the free programs, they will be supported in the future, they
allow the new pilot all the features from just flying around the
patch, to badges, records and contest.
The real question is if you own a sailplane how much did you pay for
it and is the cost of one of these programs significant? If it is, I
would suggest a chart with mileage and altutude circles is more cost
effective, I believe you are still required to carry a chart.

I also provide support to those that are considering purchasing
WinPilot or SeeYou from Craggy Aero.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

On Mar 8, 10:12 am, "Mike" wrote:

Why not do the comparison for us Richard? It is your question after
all. I would like to hear your unbiased report.

Mike

On Mar 8, 10:25 am, "Richard" wrote:

The question is have you compared the free programs with SeeYou or
WinPilot. We would all like to hear your comparison.

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

On Mar 8, 9:16 am, "Mike" wrote:

XCSOAR is a very good program that is easy to use. It takes about one
evening to understand using the "Quick Start" guide in the manual.

Mike

On Mar 8, 9:31 am, "Michael Huber" wrote:

"Richard" wrote

6. Free is a very good price, but generally you get what you pay for,
if anyone finds this not true please let us all know so we all can all
get this free stuff. The best free thing I have found is the SeeYou
Connect Me program.

? GPS-LOG and XCSOAR are free, I´ve never tried XCSOAR, but
GPS-LOG is a great

software.

Michael- Hide quoted text -

You are funny Richard. Lets see your unbiased comparison.

Cambridge computers Solo Soaring 5 January 7th 07 04:37 AM
SeeYou and Mac computers Nyal Williams Soaring 8 July 14th 06 02:09 PM
Website for Aero\PC computers? JJ General Aviation 0 January 31st 05 05:50 PM
FS slide rule flight computers Aviation Marketplace 0 April 19th 04 03:35 PM
FS slide rule flight computers Military Aviation 0 April 19th 04 03:29 PM