Act now before your wings are defaced

Old September 17th 19, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Act now before your wings are defaced

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:46:33 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Canadians with guns, eh?Â* What a hoot!

On 9/15/2019 9:07 PM, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Don’t be so sure, Canada has a navy you know.
http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

--
Dan, 5J

Can you imagine Canadians with Daisy BB Guns.
Old September 17th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

No, no, Red Ryder! A Christmas Story. Yes yes!
Old September 17th 19, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 8:33:02 PM UTC-4, Charlie Quebec wrote:
You never know, they might actually be able to win a war, something that the US has failed at abjectly since WW2, after all everything has gone so well after “winning” in Iraq and Afghanistan hasn’t it?

The Canadian contingency for the war on terror was 1000 troops in Afghanistan, and 100 troops in Iraq. Such a huge contribution to the war on terror, but thanks.
Old September 17th 19, 09:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If a Canadian invented basketball while in the USA, it’s still a CANADIAN invention. Admittedly the peach basket had a solid bottom and play was delayed while someone climbed up to get the ball back. Pablum, pagers, walk-in talkies, telephone, electric wheelchairs, Java, insulin, pacemakers, iMax film and projectors, green garbage bags, Canadarm...so many things, and now women’s tennis at the US Open...19 year old Bianca Andreescu devours Serena Williams in straight sets. Snowmobiles. Screech. Health care for all, Nanaimo bars. The Avro Arrow. Paint rollers. Peanut butter. WonderBra. Pacemakers...I repeat for effect.

Of more interest to pilots.... Canadian Reginald Aubrey Fessenden was a prolific inventor in the area of wireless technology — he was the first to broadcast on the AM radio band in 1900 — although he's often regarded as an unsung hero in Canada because his inventions in radio technology were outshined by Italian inventor Guglielmo Marconi. Fessenden built two-way radio transmission towers — one near Boston and the other in Scotland — and issued the first transatlantic radio broadcast in 1906.

My favorite?...

The jockstrap hard cup. Imagine, it took a CANADIAN to think up the idea of putting something protective between baseballs and yours. The entire remainder of Earth made do with an extra pair of underwear. We tackle the obvious, invent the less obvious and we improved the odds that superior genes demonstrated by the world’s elite athletes will go forward for the millennia unscathed. Never again would a 105 mph slider eliminate the Mickey Mantles and Christian Yelichs from our great grand children.

Even then we got creative and invented the hard cup for faces of goalies so genetic good lucks would also mutate. We plan ahead. We live up here on a chunk of ice free of sharpies and therefore we cannot sketch ourselves into a better world. Although the Group of Seven thought they sketched a better world. We actually do good ****.

I’m proud of my country and glad we live next door. Keep your friends close. And your enemies closer. Kidding. We need your protection. So we pray you will not build a northern wall, nor will you extend your southern wall to keep us from trekking north to California too. Sharpies can do that.

Over, eh? (Trivial aviation inserted shamelessly to remain on topic in RAS.)

Now that’s been settled, Kim Kardashian announced yesterday she replaced all sorts of medications with CBD oil. Raved about it for mood and anxiety. Now where I live, for me to cross the border and fly up to California, I am screened by CBP...your folks at the border inside Toronto’s airport. “Have you ever used marijuana?” And if answer, yes, I used in college for a month... I am flagged as permanently banned from the USA. Grass is legal in all of Canada and Washington State, Oregon and California, but if a Vancouverite answers yes en route south to get back to California’s grass, he or she is banned for life. Sharpies can make that happen.

You can eliminate Kim Kardashian now if she can be lured to Vancouver.

Wait, how can Tommy Chong ever see the real Rockie’s and get home?? Easy... he was born here, we let will always him in and out.

Just saying.

Eh?
Old September 17th 19, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

FYI, I cannot be Grizzard ever again. He died in 1994 so whatever he wrote that made you laugh is at least 25 years old. I try for current events. Funnier. Nixon was funny. Trump is a riot. Easy pickings.

Sorry, eh?
Old September 17th 19, 09:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Dementia? Do you guys not get CNN up there? They are running a daily series for at least two more years detailing how dangerous yet subtle dementia can be. Once he sharpies in federal gerrymandering and tweaking the electoral college... it’s Kim Jong and the Donald BOTH, for life, swapping love letters.
Old September 17th 19, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

54-40.... the following is from an American web site,, Thought.Com: “The exception to the 49th parallel boundary is that it turns south in the channel separating Vancouver Island from the mainland and then turns south and then west through the Juan de Fuca Strait. This maritime portion of the boundary wasn't officially demarcated until 1872.“

So, no one recorded what happens with the 49th east of Buffalo Point MN. A short jog north then a sharpie scrawl south and east to 41.7 degrees in Pt Pelee ONTARIO. Even at the Atlantic the border is still just 44.7. We negotiated well and made sure your surveyors were always Screeched in.

No wonder your children drive down from Detroit in winter with roof racks loaded with skis. Geography failed them in college.

Quoting: “We take great pride in the quality of our content. We produce fact-based, unbiased, well-researched articles that acknowledge the validity of all viewpoints. ThoughtCo articles include a source list to support the writer’s claims and to enable readers to explore the topic further.”

Hmmm, who needs sharpies with websites like that at your disposal?

Canadian educators do not use Wikipedia wannabes to teach geography. We send out explorers who draw real maps for us. Many died in the ice up but those who made it back drew nice maps.

And we learned our Eh-B-C’s. Sorry.

Old September 17th 19, 09:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That’s why Quebec is pretty much on our Atlantic flank, retreats are well controlled by the liberal application of sal****er. Keeps them focused. But thanks for the inference our French descendants have perfected the riddle... “fight or flee”... the RCMP “Maintiens Le Droit” and keep left to pass. A Canadian invented the painted lines on roads. Steve Sico.
Old September 17th 19, 10:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Now you hit on the real roots of my mental anguish. My parents bought my brother and I BB guns the same year. They thought they should do something to strengthen our corneas. The store had two models and my folks figured they better not have fights over ownership, so my older brother got the nice black and brown Winchester replica. I got the pink Annie Oakley. True. Thats why I identify as non-binary...when your first phallic symbol is a pink girl’s BB Gun made by “Daisy”... what chance did I have for sanity?

Real sorry, eh?

Wings vs. BFR Dallas Piloting 26 August 3rd 09 07:11 AM
hey Bob, don't look. There are no wings :-) Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 2 May 19th 08 04:43 PM
Sea Wings pin? Robert M. Gary Piloting 15 September 23rd 06 06:49 PM
X-Wings and Canard Rotor Wings. Charles Gray Rotorcraft 1 March 22nd 05 12:26 AM
wings mark Owning 18 February 7th 04 10:07 AM