Looking for used Oudie IGC

Old March 26th 20, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Looking for used Oudie IGC

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 12:48:32 PM UTC-5, wrote:
BTW, I believe the Oudie 2 is still approved for all badges and state record flights. For national and international records I’m not sure about.
Dan

Unfortunately, no. An Oudie 2 file is good for regional contests but is not IGC approved so not good for badge flights. An Oudie IGC is.

Lou

Old March 26th 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 1:14:40 PM UTC-5, John Foster

What about something like this?

https://wingsandwheels.com/avionics-...flywithce.html

I have a Flywithce unit that I always wear around my neck as a backup. Works great and is cheap, but not approved for most records.
Old March 26th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

At 21:42 26 March 2020, Duster wrote:
On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 1:14:40 PM UTC-5, John Foster

What about something like this?

https://wingsandwheels.com/avionics-...flywithce.html

I have a Flywithce unit that I always wear around my neck as a backup.
Works great and is cheap, but not approved for most records.

It is not approved for Diamonds either, just badges up to Gold.

Old March 26th 20, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

If you fly a 1-26 and are a member of the 1-26 Association, we have our own regional records. You can access them at our web site. All that is required is a simple flight logger and your in business. We keep track of all the same standard record types 100 to 300km speed, out/return distance n speed, all the triangle types, altitude etc. some of you guys flying higher performance ships should take a look at some of those 1-26 records, they are quite impressive.
Dan
Old March 27th 20, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 26, 2020 at 1:19:22 PM UTC-4, Patrick Grady wrote:
Yep, I'm looking for a logger in addition to the flight computer.

I'm currently using XCSoar, and I really like the interface, but it seems to not be too reliable. Limited phone battery life, and it seems to like to crash every few hours. If I'm partway through a task, its really annoying to lose everything.

Many people at my club use the Oudie IGC, and the integration and ability to switch gliders easily looks really attractive.

- For non-IGC logging a spare Android phone running IGCdroid will easily run on the battery for 3 times as long as you may fly. It has always worked reliably for me as a backup logger, self-contained and portable. If the phone has a cell service data plan, that same app can also feed the data into Glideport.aero as you fly (in dribs and drabs as it finds cellphone signal).

For my main logger and computer for some years I've used a Nook running Tophat and connected to the main glider battery so battery life was not an issue. That's less portable between gliders though. A "power bank" external battery can make it portable, but be careful to make sure everything is secure in the cockpit in case of turbulence.

Oudie help Dennis Cavagnaro Soaring 13 February 1st 20 03:15 PM
OUDIE 1 OR OUDIE 2? James Hamilton[_2_] Soaring 5 August 12th 19 12:52 AM
OUDIE [email protected] Soaring 9 April 24th 18 04:01 PM
Oudie 2 [email protected] Soaring 1 January 10th 18 08:29 PM
Oudie Peter von Tresckow Soaring 2 December 18th 11 02:31 PM