A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LS6 (a, b) NEO

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 24th 20, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default LS6 (a, b) NEO

On Thursday, September 24, 2020 at 5:07:54 PM UTC-4, Patrick (LS6-b EH) wrote:
We've been looking at this for the LS6-b I co-own. At last check, technical documentation to share with our installer was only for the 4... I'm not sure if they are fully ready on the 6, but they indicate that they are. I gather it's the same part, but may be behind on documentation...

The challenge for us (me) is that the Neo winglets reduce the max cockpit weight (pilot and 'luggage') by 10kg, which for us (me) is a deal-breaker.

I see on their website, that for the LS-4, "...Max. cockpit load may be increased!" Tell them you'd like the same thing for the LS-6b (don't wait for the tech bulletin to come out). If not, maybe ask if a redline reduction could be traded for cockpit load. They won't do these things if you don't ask; they still might not, but at least you tried.