HomeBuilt English Wheel

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 26th 04, 02:48 PM
BillC85

Default HomeBuilt English Wheel

To All,

Built this in my shop yesterday.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tec.../12ewheel.html

Total parts cost was right about $47.00 and total time to build was eight
hours. I deviated a little from the plans because I didn't have some of the
stuff laying around (the telescoping steering shaft). Consequently my lower
wheel adjustment is a little crude but it works.

The bearings were more than half the cost. The steel was less than eight
bucks. I used #8 hardness bolts throughout and gas welded the whole thing
up.

I think it's going to work ok. I made a fender for my wife's bike last
night. Of course it started out as a windshield faring for the Cassutt but
who's counting?

Bill, wheeling for dollars, C85