Gloom

Old June 20th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
xyzzy

Default Gloom

On Jun 20, 10:00 am, "El Maximo" wrote:
"xyzzy" wrote in message
I'd like to be convinced of that so I could buy the airplane I've
always wanted but in fact is isn't. Not by a long shot. Not if the
airplane costs are honestly accounted for, which in my experience
almost no airplane owner does.

I don't account for what I spend on beer either. Some numbers are best left
unknown.

Those are aviation words of wisdom!

Old June 20th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jun 20, 2:35 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:

Select a completely random cross-section of the population and take them up,
and see what they say. Especially after the novelty wears off, I daresay many
of them will very rapidly get tired of flying rectangles in the sky

You are so ignorant, it's pathetic. There are 27,000,000 GA hours in
the U.S., and only 16% are Instructional, and a small fraction of that
(in just primary training, not advanced ratings) are practice
landings. Plus, the general public knows little of what an airport
pattern is.

F--

Old June 21st 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article om,
xyzzy wrote:

How much is the value of your garage or your driveway?

the marginal cost of having a garage or driveway over the fact that I
have to have a place to live anyway? zero.

not around here. People actually pay more money for a house with
a garage than without.

Some people
actually do have to rent or buy garage space or parking spaces. How
does the cost of money effect your conclusion?

Not sure what you mean by that, are you saying I have to pay a cost of
moneyto own a car but not a plane?

No, you have to pay money to own a driveway and/or garage

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old June 21st 07, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Andrew Gideon wrote:

It sounds like a trip through Massachusetts...

Swell. You guys have found a new layer of gloom with which to depress me.

- Andrew

lotsa of stuff in taxachusetts to be gloomy about. More taxes, Ma$$port,
even more taxes.

Old June 21st 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

"It is a real pleasure to announce that one of our local EAA
homebuilders, Frank Varnum, made his first flight in his new RV4. N13MJ's
first flight was uneventful. No leaks. No problems.
Frank, 90 years old, and his little brother Gordon, 87, built the RV
over the last several years.

Now THAT is cool.

If I'm not sitting in a wheelchair drooling at their age(s), I'll be
happy.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 21st 07, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose

...It is the purpose of business to provide
for a good way of life (for all), not the other way around...

Sorry, we jumped from micro to macro here, and I didn't keep up.

No, we didn't jump, but they are all related.

our economy is really just
a bunch of individuals trying to make the best
possible decisions for their families.

True to some extent. Part of that economy however are the rules we
agree to do business by, grudgingly or not.

In the end, THAT can result in the "strip-malling of America" -- but I
haven't heard of any better alternatives to capitalism.

I'm not proposing one. However, unrestrained capitalism will lead to
the strip malling of America, and that is most assuredly a Bad Thing.
In order to protect us against unrestrained capitalistic interests
(which include big glaring "buy this" signs, high rises replacing
airports and forests, sewage pipes into the river, and software that
secretly does stuff behind your back), capitalism must be restrained
sometimes. The capitalists that are thus forced to be more reasonable
do not like this and have bad things to say about the eco-nazis, wealthy
airport nuts, enemies of innovation, and conspiracy theorists who are
protecting what amounts on the one hand to their own special intersts,
but which in the aggregate are the foundation of the good life we all
want for ourselves.

Jose
--
You can choose whom to befriend, but you cannot choose whom to love.
Old June 21st 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

B A R R Y writes:

It sounds like a trip through Massachusetts...

Or Stepford.

But fortunatle not through that convulted mess you cal a mind

Bertie
Old June 21st 07, 07:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
El Maximo writes:

Not happening yet....

Airline captains don't make what they used to.

Wrong again. Airline pilots still get laid on a frequent basis.

So do convicts in prison.

Ahh, wishful thinkng form the bankruptcy boi#

Bertie
Old June 21st 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
news
john smith writes:

By "getting laid on a frequent basis", did you mean "screwed"?

Two different things. The first is disappearing, the second is
becoming the norm.

How would you know?

Bertie
Old June 21st 07, 07:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

This is not the case, in my experience. I've heard it called all
sorts of things, from "breath-taking" to "terrifying" -- but never
"boring".

Select a completely random cross-section of the population and take
them up, and see what they say. Especially after the novelty wears
off, I daresay many of them will very rapidly get tired of flying
rectangles in the sky.

How would you know?

You don't fly and you never will

Not ever