I'm back after 2+ years

Old August 19th 09, 05:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

Default I'm back after 2+ years

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 01:03:13 -0500, "Jim Morris"
wrote:

Cheers

Norm!

....er, Jim!

Retired, eh? My brain welcomes you to the club. Well, it would if it
weren't retired...

Bob ^,,^
Old August 22nd 09, 01:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Sly Fox

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 09:03:34 -0400, Dave Kearton wrote
(in article ):

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 03:29:28 -0400, Dave Kearton wrote
(in article ):

"Jim Morris" wrote in message
and I see the yenc crap still going on...

--
Jim Morris

I don't, it's all filtered out - blissful ignorance.

So you miss some pix. Your loss.

No, I have a life. I don't lose any sleep at all if I don't see
every
pic that's posted here.

No prob. That's a perfectly valid attitude. In fact, that's one of the
methods I usually recommend to those who use MSOE or MS Mail. The others
are
to get one of the free or cheap add-ons which _will_ allow MSOE or MS Mail
read yENC-encoded files, or to get a NNTP client which does read yENC.

My problem is with those who refuse to do any of those three things... and
who then complain when yENC files are posted. Such as those who say things
like 'and I see the yenc crap still going on...'. If you don't want to
view
it, then killfile it. If you want to view it, get a utility which will
allow
you to do so or change newsreaders. And if you don't want to do either,
then
shut the **** up or learn to like my laughing at you.

Oh great - thanks for the lesson in charm.
Next time be more succinct - just say:
"My problem is with those who refuse to see the world my way"

You got I Charming. So who has a problem? Apparently you have.
Dave

Old August 22nd 09, 04:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:11:44 -0400, Sly Fox wrote
(in article ) :

"Jim Morris" wrote in message
[...]

Kiddo, you can set your personal system any damn way you want to. I wouldn't
change your settings even if I could... but I flat-out refuse to change my
settings to suit you. If you refuse to use something that will decode yENC,
then you will not see any binaries I post. Period.

You got I Charming. So who has a problem? Apparently you have.

Incorrect. I merely decline to put up with bull****. You want _free_ pics?
Cool. Use something that decodes yENC. You want _free_ pics _and to tell me
how to give them to you_? Kiss my ass and use plenty of tongue. There's lots
of other people out there who post without using yENC; leech off of them. Or
don't. Your choice entirely.

Dave

Old September 17th 09, 11:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Jim Morris" wrote in message
and I see the yenc crap still going on...

--
Jim Morris

I don't, it's all filtered out - blissful ignorance.

So you miss some pix. Your loss.

No, I have a life. I don't lose any sleep at all if I don't see
every pic that's posted here.

Yep, life goes on. :-)
Although Im more inclined rto think that it's their loss because they aren't
maximising their viewing audience.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttt, I'm sure they'll try and tell ME
that i'm missing out LOL

Old September 17th 09, 11:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

Oh great - thanks for the lesson in charm.
Next time be more succinct - just say:
"My problem is with those who refuse to see the world my way"

You got I Charming. So who has a problem? Apparently you have.
Dave

Seems to be a standard Yenc response.
Chuckle.