A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Great Flights 2-9

Old February 10th 19, 12:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

Default Great Flights 2-9

I took a look at OLC last evening and noticed that the top two scores were from two guys flying the ridge in PA. They were each flying a 1-26, way to go,nice flights guys!
Old February 10th 19, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 4:40:51 AM UTC-8, Bob Youngblood wrote:
I took a look at OLC last evening and noticed that the top two scores were from two guys flying the ridge in PA. They were each flying a 1-26, way to go,nice flights guys!

Just checked, having seen differently last night and thinking late posts of big flights by 1-26 pilots would be cool.
The current top flight on OLC for 2019-02-09 is still Mart3 Bosman's 742 point flight in an LS6 at Darling Downs.
Jim
Old February 10th 19, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:26:57 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:

Just checked, having seen differently last night and thinking late posts of big flights by 1-26 pilots would be cool.
The current top flight on OLC for 2019-02-09 is still Mart3 Bosman's 742 point flight in an LS6 at Darling Downs.
Jim

I suspect he is looking at US only and does not know Blairstown is in NJ.
UH
Old February 10th 19, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster

Long flights in a 1-26..,,,,sheesh.....while I have done so, my body can't cope anymore......I still want to do a 1K from Middletown, NY as well as a diamond climb (last I looked, 6 in NYS).
Thus I can state I did all badges and a 1K from my home field.
Altitude diamond is very hard, 1K is a bunch harder.
The "real UH" and I have done almost everything from Middletown......

Yes, some I did was done in glass, but some were out and back so sorta negates the L/D..........UH did a lot from our field way back when.
UH diamond climb was was off field, his 1K was part of the "OMG" flight from Newcastle decades ago at a contest.

Regardless, I hope to sorta match him....this is all east coast.

Yes, we are related, so......yes, I am biased.

Anyone doing long flights in a 1-26.....kudos to them......I have flown against "the Schwartz"...... he is an ironman....

Hey Ron........;-)
Old February 10th 19, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:59:36 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 12:26:57 PM UTC-5, JS wrote:

Jim

I suspect he is looking at US only and does not know Blairstown is in NJ.
UH

Wasn't sure where they were out of, really did not pay much attention, I was only concerned about the USA boys. Those were two great flights in a 1-26. Way to go guys.
Old February 11th 19, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)
external usenet poster

Agreed, great flights based on performance, they earned "iron butt" for those flights....hope they had earplugs.....LOL...
Old February 18th 19, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Giaco
external usenet poster

On Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 3:21:21 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Long flights in a 1-26..,,,,sheesh.....while I have done so, my body can't cope anymore......I still want to do a 1K from Middletown, NY as well as a diamond climb (last I looked, 6 in NYS).
Thus I can state I did all badges and a 1K from my home field.
Altitude diamond is very hard, 1K is a bunch harder.
The "real UH" and I have done almost everything from Middletown......

Yes, some I did was done in glass, but some were out and back so sorta negates the L/D..........UH did a lot from our field way back when.
UH diamond climb was was off field, his 1K was part of the "OMG" flight from Newcastle decades ago at a contest.

Regardless, I hope to sorta match him....this is all east coast.

Yes, we are related, so......yes, I am biased.

Anyone doing long flights in a 1-26.....kudos to them......I have flown against "the Schwartz"...... he is an ironman....

Hey Ron........;-)

Come on up to the Mt. Washington Wave camp to take care of that diamond climb... not sure you want to start much lower than UH though!