gun discharge in cockpit.

Old March 25th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default gun discharge in cockpit.

Eeyore wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Ron Garret wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote
WingFlaps wrote:

Why don't the airlines consider disabling terrorists by
depressurizing ?

WHAT terrorists ?

So, the 93 hijackings since 2001 don't count, fjukktard

planespoter?

Huh? Did I miss something? What 93 hijackings were those? (That
would be more than one hijacking a month.)

Yeah, that's exactly how many there have been. We had to do our

annual
security course a few weeks ago and we had to guess how many theyre

had
been worldwide. First guess was none, then, one or two were

remembered
so we guessed three. The instructor illuminated us. Most were in

South
America or Africa, but a substantial number weren't...

How many were TERRORISTS Bertie ?

Why, do you have a special column in your planespotters logbook for
terrorist flights, planespotter?

And how many were scheduled passenger services ?

Who gives a ****, fjukkwit?

Don't you have someone to netkkkop?

Bertie

Old March 25th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.flame
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in
:

"WingFlaps" wrote in message

@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
On Mar 25, 11:36 am, "Matt W. Barrow"
wrote:
On Mar 24, 5:58 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Dan wrote innews:ebef48ed-3f45-4584-b2c2-
What does Dudley have to do with it?

Nothing. Matt thinks in his tiny mind that anyone who talks to me

is
somehow enabling me. It's because he doesn't understand trolling.

And you certainly do you demented POS.

::
:: Oooh such anger!
:: Can you insult me so eloquently too -pretty please?

Pootyhead!

Hey, you didn't call me a pootyhead.

Bertie
Old March 25th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Dan wrote:
On Mar 25, 12:57 pm, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:

Thinking of ADs does remind me of another onethat happened in the hotel
at the USPSA Nationals several years ago.

A competitor was practicing mag changes in his room and letting the
dropped mags fall to the bed. He said he had been doing it for about
five minutes when BANG. A .38 Super sound fired and went through the
wall over his bed, and the next room's bed and the next and the next and
the next. If I remember correctly five rooms were involved and the
bullet finally lodged in a wall and was recovered.

To clarify --- careful (i.e. well trained) shooters practice "dry
fire" exercises all the time.

A cardinal rule is to always practice in one place (room, range,
field, etc), while all ammunition is in another.

An even better technique is to use practice mags, colored pink or
orange.

Dan Mc

I couldn't agree more. The story above happened before the first day of
competition so he probably had driven all the way from where ever he
lived to Quincy with the round in the chamber and didn't know it.

This guy wasn't a hack though. He was an experienced either Master or A
class shooter.
Old March 25th 08, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

This guy wasn't a hack though. He was an experienced either Master or A
class shooter.

Don't take this the wrong way -- but too many of the Pistol
competition types are in it for the game first.

That's fine and perfectly acceptable use of firearms (there are many!)
but the Military/LE approach drills in a "weapon" mindset, which in
the long run should result in a greater level of respect.

Are there exceptions? Absolutely! But I've found the guys on the range
that are prior service types (Army and marines particularly) have a
more careful, deliberate approach, while the civilian shooters --
though accomplished -- seem a bit more cavalier.

Dan Mc
Old March 25th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Dan wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

This guy wasn't a hack though. He was an experienced either Master or A
class shooter.

Don't take this the wrong way -- but too many of the Pistol
competition types are in it for the game first.

That's fine and perfectly acceptable use of firearms (there are many!)
but the Military/LE approach drills in a "weapon" mindset, which in
the long run should result in a greater level of respect.

Are there exceptions? Absolutely! But I've found the guys on the range
that are prior service types (Army and marines particularly) have a
more careful, deliberate approach, while the civilian shooters --
though accomplished -- seem a bit more cavalier.

Dan Mc

I shot with Military, Police and civilian shooters during my time
shooting USPSA. And you are right there are a lot of gamers out there
(and they weren't all civilian) in USPSA that was to be expected because
it was a game. We kept score and gave prizes.

In fact, the US Army team that was at the last USPSA nationals I
attended were great shots and quite the gamesmen as well.

And I don't want you to take it the wrong way but a lot of the tactics,
methods and hardware that was developed for USPSA has made it into
police and even military use.

The NRA Police Practical course hadn't changed in years and wasn't very
practical even when it was new. The courses of fire at the NRA National
Matches which are not much better.

There is no way to fully put into play the stresses of an actual
shooting situation in a practice environment. Competition is a close as
I've seen to being able to even try to mimic it.

Old March 25th 08, 08:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 25, 3:52 pm, Gig 601XL Builder
wrote:

And I don't want you to take it the wrong way but a lot of the tactics,
methods and hardware that was developed for USPSA has made it into
police and even military use.

Absolutely! Most innovations come from outside the military, including
tactical and equipment.

Dan Mc

Old March 25th 08, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Dan" wrote in message

Hard to haul hay in an F-15.

Well, I was going to say "Just hitch a trailer to it" but then I thought
of
the obvious complication, which is that hay doesn't like afterburners.

I knew there was a reason it hasn't been done...

Maybe if you cover the hay with a wet tarp?

I have the trailer, tarp, and hay -- got an F-15 handy?

Well, I guess I'm out. By the time I got the F-15 I wouldn't be able to
afford the trailer hitch.

-c

Old March 25th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

And an update: According to AvWeb it was a H&K .40 caliber
semi-automatic pistol.
Old March 26th 08, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 06:08:27 -0700 (PDT), Dan
wrote:

On Mar 25, 4:45 am, Roger wrote:

I do believe there is a current bolt action available that uses the 50
CAl though. Don't think I could handle either the recoil or price
on that one either, although I could afford the ammunition. Can you
imagine how that thing must kick?

Barrett is the name in .50 Caliber bolt actions. The 50 is a supreme
long range caliber, with knock-down power out far past its MER.

I've never seen or heard of anyone firing this in any other position
than prone, with a bi or tripod and recoil pad.

Yup, that's the one. I'd like to have one of those too. don't know
what I'd do with it other than hang it over the mantel and going back
to cooking my own meals doesn't sound all that great.

Dan Mc

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Static Discharge gman Piloting 12 March 24th 07 07:56 PM
IFR static discharge [email protected] Home Built 0 April 2nd 06 08:06 PM
The Vanishing Honorable Discharge Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 October 29th 04 02:58 AM