Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

Old January 6th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Name an Aviation Theme Suite -- Win a Prize!

"Jay Honeck" wrote

when she left, we realized that putting the Apollo Suite directly across
the hall from the "Stearman Suite" wouldn't work in the hallways,
thematically. Ya just can't go from the 1930s biplanes to the 1960s lunar
module in one step.

Nah, that reason should not have stopped you. After all, "one small step
for man, one giant leap for mankind." g
--
Jim in NC

Old January 6th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote

You'll need to post the rules on the wall:

http://milehighclub.com/about/rules.html Mile High Club

Then Jay or Mary would need to get their commercial ticket, and get a plane
of suitable size and privacy to allow the occupants to carry out "the act."
Jim in NC

Old January 6th 06, 09:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Any aviation themes we come up with are tastefully done, with period
furniture, artwork and memorabilia on the walls -- but that's it. As
airplane crazy as we are, we must operate in the real lodging world.
--

So, like, if you DID do an airline suite, does this mean that you wouldn't
load up the toilet tank with lots and lots of blue stuff?

--
Geoff
the sea hawk at wow way d0t com

Old January 6th 06, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:56:31 -0500, Morgans wrote:

You'll need to post the rules on the wall:

http://milehighclub.com/about/rules.html Mile High Club

Then Jay or Mary would need to get their commercial ticket, and get a plane
of suitable size and privacy to allow the occupants to carry out "the act."

Just f* ... err ... fake the altimeter setting for this suite. And include
a certificate at check-out.

* c e r t i f i c a t e *
* *
* We hereby certify that *
* *
* Mr. and Mrs. Smith (yeah!) *
* *
* have completed their "check-out" *
* in our Mile-High Suite *
* and now are lifetime members *
* *
* *
* Iowa, ....... *
* *
* manager *
* Jay 'loverboy' Honeck *
* The Alexis Park Inn & Suites *
* *
* all dues paid *

#m
--
If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh?
If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
Old January 6th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

I guess you already have a Wright Brothers Suite, so... never mind...
;-) I like the Dick Rutan Suite though, suggested by John...

Dick? Or Burt?

Jay, what part of "Dick Rutan Suite" didn't you understand? :-)

Matt
Old January 6th 06, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote:

Well, I'm late to the game on this one, but I didn't see this suggestion
in a quick review of the other "submissions."

I realize that this is also associated with a disaster, which probably
rules it out, however, I like the "Concorde Suite."

I always loved the look of this airplane and it was, is, and possibly
always will be the only commercially successful SST. It would be great
to see it memorialized at the Honeck resort.

And almost everyone, even non-aviation types, knew of the Concorde.

Jay, not even a reply to this one? :-)

Matt
Old January 6th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

How about the Howard Hughes Suite? After all he was a pilot and hotel
owner also.

Regards,
Jerry

Old January 6th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And almost everyone, even non-aviation types, knew of the Concorde.

Jay, not even a reply to this one? :-)

Sorry, Matt -- it's Friday, and I'm working at a hotel. I'm too danged
BUSY to be playing on the newsgroup much today!

:-)

I like the Concorde Suite name, too. However, I've decided to make
Mary the ultimate judge of potential names, just so I can claim
complete and plausible deniability on this group...

:-)

Incidentally, I've got the first draft of the new Piper Cub Suite's
page up. See it at:

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/the_piper_cub_suite.htm
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 06, 11:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jim Burns wrote:
Our Heroines Suite
dedicated to the women in aviation, same theory as above... Jackie
Cochrane, Emilia Earhardt, Bess Coleman, Amy Johnson, the WACs, 99's, WASPs,
Patty Wagstaff, Pancho Barnes, those 4 cute KC135 drivers and their story as
well as many more that I'm not familiar with but are just as deserving.

Patty Wagstaff would be featured in my suggestion, "The Extra Suite."

Old January 6th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

And almost everyone, even non-aviation types, knew of the Concorde.

Jay, not even a reply to this one? :-)

Sorry, Matt -- it's Friday, and I'm working at a hotel. I'm too danged
BUSY to be playing on the newsgroup much today!

:-)

That is good to hear! I'm glad Mary is keeping your nose to the grind
stone.

I like the Concorde Suite name, too. However, I've decided to make
Mary the ultimate judge of potential names, just so I can claim
complete and plausible deniability on this group...

:-)

I don't blame you a bit. Actually, it is kind of comforting to know
that Mary is the final arbiter. :-)

Matt

Trying to Fly AliR Piloting 33 May 9th 05 12:00 AM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 April 10th 05 10:33 PM
Aviation Books&CD Roms FS [email protected] Home Built 0 April 10th 05 10:29 PM
General Aviation Legal Defense Fund Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 May 11th 04 10:43 PM