medical question

Old September 13th 06, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default medical question

Grumman-581 wrote:
"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in message
news
Her new internist blew her off. Now it's her turn.

So, you're saying that she should blow off her internist?

Hmmm... That might work... dirty-old-man-grin

And yet another USENET topic morphs into a sex thread...

I've met some MD's where that might be an option. evil grin
Old September 13th 06, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Jon Kraus wrote:
I don't know... she's already lied about her age.... ;-)

That's a woman's prerogative. Either I'm old and fat or young stupid.
I'll keep my age to myself, thank you.
Old September 13th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Dave S wrote:
Emily wrote:

snip

Based on your version of events being 100% truthful and accurate,

First and foremost.. you need to fire this doc. Now.

He's fired. The lab results are being mailed (he can't even call me
like his former partner) and I'm not planning on making a follow up
appointment with him.

The fact is, he didn't even diagnosis my with depression, he said he
would if the lab results came back normal. First, I'll bet my life they
will show anemia, which should make him happy that he has a diagnosis,
and second, I'm not planning on talking to him ever again, so I have no
way of knowing WHAT he writes in my file.

End of story.
Old September 14th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Jay Beckman wrote:

HIPPA Laws:
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacysummar...ipaa%20laws%22
Covers what can and can't be shared and by whom.

yep, I know about that; doesn't prevent you from getting medical
files via information aggregators; business as usual, (Do you
seriously believe that HIPPA protects your privacy?)

--Sylvain
Old September 14th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Then see a doctor who is. I doubt that she will concur with this
armchair diagnosis of depression. Better yet, find an AME who is also
a psychiatrist, if such exist.

That is actually very bad advice to those pilots who value their medical
certificate. A real pilot knows not to place the responsibilities of
normal healthcare in the hands of the same doctor who signs one's medical
certificate.

Once again, Mxsm shows that he is clueless. What is he now, 0 out of 100?

Sheesh!
--
Jim in NC
Old September 14th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Morgans wrote:
Then see a doctor who is. I doubt that she will concur with this
armchair diagnosis of depression. Better yet, find an AME who is also
a psychiatrist, if such exist.

That is actually very bad advice to those pilots who value their medical
certificate. A real pilot knows not to place the responsibilities of
normal healthcare in the hands of the same doctor who signs one's medical
certificate.

Once again, Mxsm shows that he is clueless. What is he now, 0 out of 100?

Sheesh!

What *I* think is funny is that he writes as if every word out of his
mouth is gospel.

I mean, seriously, how is a sim player qualified to give anyone advice
on their medical? He gave very dangerous information and I can only
hope that no inexperienced student pilot believes his advice.
Old September 14th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Aluckyguess[_1_]

Get a new doctor. If you had a fever and there is an infection the blood
work will show it.

"Emily" wrote in message
news
Matt Whiting wrote:
snip

My concern is, if he writes this up in my medical records, do I have to
report it to the FAA? I'm really terrified of this.

Yes, you have to report it at your next medical

Even though I don't have depression?! 102 degree fever indicates
infection, no depression (which I don't have anyway). How could a routine
appointment for a fever make me lost my medical? This is the most unfair
thing I've ever encountered, just because of some doctor's incompetence.
He's making something up, because he doesn't want to take the time to find
out what's REALLY wrong. I'm sorry, but seeing a patient for two minutes
does not qualify anyone to diagnos depression...and the fact that I don't
have it means a lot.

And to take this farther, how do I keep a doctor from writing all sorts of
bogus things in my records? Fever and fatigue also are symptoms of AIDS,
what if he's written THAT? See what I'm saying?

Old September 14th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Emily wrote:
Morgans wrote:

[...]

How is the information he gave dangerous?

Matt
Old September 14th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Trevor

Emily wrote:

Morgans wrote:
Then see a doctor who is. I doubt that she will concur with this
armchair diagnosis of depression. Better yet, find an AME who is also
a psychiatrist, if such exist.
That is actually very bad advice to those pilots who value their medical
certificate. A real pilot knows not to place the responsibilities of
normal healthcare in the hands of the same doctor who signs one's medical
certificate.

Once again, Mxsm shows that he is clueless. What is he now, 0 out of 100?

Sheesh!

What *I* think is funny is that he writes as if every word out of his
mouth is gospel.

I mean, seriously, how is a sim player qualified to give anyone advice
on their medical? He gave very dangerous information and I can only
hope that no inexperienced student pilot believes his advice.

Amusing? Sure. Dangerous? Hardly.

I wouldn't worry too much about someone getting advice from Usenet that isn't
vetted.

Old September 14th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Trevor writes:

Amusing? Sure. Dangerous? Hardly.

If I understand properly, some people here are suggesting that one
hide disqualifying conditions from AMEs, which is a lot more dangerous
than anything I've said.