Run In With Mr. Edwards

Old August 23rd 04, 02:28 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Weir wrote:

You have absolutely no chops to criticize Kerry unless you were in the Vietnam
draft mix. You were not. Shut the hell up.

Absolutely. I was in the same demonstrations Kerry was.

George Patterson
If you want to know God's opinion of money, just look at the people
he gives it to.
Old August 23rd 04, 02:32 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Dave Stadt wrote:

They wouldn't dare treat a suspected criminal the way they treated you.

They wouldn't dare say "Excuse me sir, you can't go through that door"? Of course
they would.

Old August 23rd 04, 02:34 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Weir wrote:

Are you telling me that as a serious contender for the California gubernatorial
office in October last year I should have had police protection?

Maybe. Has anybody tried to shoot a California gubernatorial candidate?

Old August 23rd 04, 02:38 PM
Jay Honeck

You wanna blast me? Come on. Take a piece of me. So far as I am
concerned you
are a stupid jackass that DIDN'T serve in the military, that WEREN'T

subject to
the draft, and have absolutely no CONCEPT of what either Vietnam, Iraq I

or Iraq
II are all about.

You know, Jim, most people are nice in-writing, but go off half-cocked
in-person. You're the only person I've ever met that is just the opposite.

Many people will be ripping you to shreds for your argument that "almost
being drafted" makes you more qualified to comment on the Vietnam war.
Some may even point out that there is some guy up on that black wall in
Washington, D.C. because you chose not to go.

Not me. Although I think you're wrong, it was you guys in the Apollo
program that were the true heroes of the '60s. If only we had followed the
path laid out by NASA, rather than the path laid out by the "Great Society,"
we'd all be living in a much better world by now. (Actually, it might have
been a world other than Earth...)

Current arguments aside, we needed Apollo a helluva lot more than we needed
Vietnam.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 04, 02:42 PM
Jay Honeck

If they're going to close the damn
ramps then they should at least issue a notam so people can chose
not to go there.

Gosh, someone who "gets" it -- thank you!

Had I known Edwards was going to shut down operations at Signature, I would
have chosen the "other" FBO.

A simple NOTAM would have done the job, my family wouldn't have been treated
like suspected criminals, and he could have basked in royal security without
criticism. Hopefully someone from the FAA or Kerry campaign is taking
notes?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 04, 03:00 PM
Tony Cox

"H.P." wrote in message
m...
Presidential candidates have been afforded SS protection since the '68
election when both Robert Kennedy and George Wallace were shot.

Only "Major candidates" are offered protection, and this protection
can be declined. See http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/ref/blssprotect.htm
In practice, the two "official" political parties get to decide who
is entitled to protection.

From Title 18, Sec. 3056

"Major Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates and,
within 120 days of the general Presidential election, the spouses
of such candidates. As used in this paragraph, the term ''major
Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates'' means those
individuals identified as such by the Secretary of the Treasury
after consultation with an advisory committee consisting of the
Speaker of the House of Representatives, the minority leader of
the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders
of the Senate, and one additional member selected by the other
members of the committee. The protection authorized in paragraphs
(2) through (7) may be declined."

Old August 23rd 04, 03:59 PM
Andrew Gideon

Jay Honeck wrote:

Why change horses if there's no problem The Johns can solve?

Even if we accept your premise - that there's no problem they can solve,
which is not what Peter wrote - the answer is still fairly blatent: to
avoid production (or exacerbation) of more.

I'm no fan of Kerry, but I'm a conservative voter and Bush is less
conservative than Kerry. From the Patriot Act to tariffs to education to
marriage (and so on), Bush has been getting the Federal Government into
places it doesn't belong. How much more liberal in the reading of our
Constitution can one get?

Strange as it is to write, I think that Kerry would do this less. Rather:
while Kerry would probably be as economically irresponsible as Bush, he's
less likely to be as liberal in areas involving Civil Rights.

These are definitely weird times!

- Andrew

Old August 23rd 04, 04:03 PM
gatt

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message newsV3Wc.68220$

The Democrats claim to be the "party of the people" -- yet they treat
potential constituents like this?

Uh...you tried to get into any Bush or Cheney events lately? Or operate an
aircraft in a city where they're appearing? It goes both ways.

Fortunately those law-abiding Terrorist Flight Restrictions keep terrorists
from flying over them.

-c

Old August 23rd 04, 04:17 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Ron Natalie wrote:

Maybe Jay should consider moving away from Iowa (or the US in general)
if he can't tolerate such things.

Keep in mind that this is the same guy who was saying that nothing's
changed since
9/11 a couple weeks ago.

Maybe this was karma catching up with him for saying that when so many of us
have had so much grief from the GA disruptions.

Old August 23rd 04, 04:21 PM
Peter Gottlieb

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Maybe. Has anybody tried to shoot a California gubernatorial candidate?

Yes, with poor results (at least in the movies).