Coordinated turns without rudder, and autopilots

Old May 30th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Coordinated turns without rudder, and autopilots

Viperdoc writes:

Just to reiterate- the autopilot does not do a coordinated turn.

Yes, it does, at least according to the turn indicator.

I have many hours in a real Baron and this is how it works. Some real
planes require more or less rudder, as others have pointed out. My Extra
takes a little rudder pressure for a coordinated turn, while even with my
limited time in F-16's, it's pretty much feet on the floor.

I was talking about the autopilot, not the human pilot.

You try to look for answers based upon some premise that your game is a real
representation of an actual flying experience.

Some try to conceal their lack of answers by claiming that a simulation isn't
like real life. But my simulator predicts the behavior of an aircraft a lot
better than anyone here apparently can.

Yet, MSFS is notably week in
some areas, like the Extra, where the roll rate and flying model are nowhere
close to reality.

I'm not flying an Extra.

The Baron model is far from accurate, and even the
multimillion dollar one I rode in at Simcomm wasn't that close.

What errors are there in the simulated model? Be specific.

Why can't you accept this and stop trolling? As good as it might be, it is
still just a game you're playing.

Because I know I'm right. The more huffing and puffing I see here, the more
proof I see that I'm right.

Someone who actually knows doesn't have to pretend.
Old May 30th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Nomen Nescio writes:

How many goddam times do we have to tell you that the rudder / yaw response
is poorly modeled in MSFS.

No number of times will change anything unless you can substantiate your
claims.
Old May 30th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
BDS[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote

But the AP aileron deflections do not appear to be small, as it rolls the
aircraft rapidly and smoothly into a coordinated turn. And this is on an
aircraft designed sixty years ago.

Piper, Mooney, and Beechcraft (to name a few) all produced aircraft with
mechanically coupled rudder/aileron systems at one time or another, and may
still do so.

If you're really interested in which aircraft models had them and how they
work I suggest a web search - the info is out there.

BDS

Old May 30th 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Mxsmanic wrote:

Because I know I'm right. The more huffing and puffing I see here,
the more proof I see that I'm right.

What are you right about? You asked a question. Several folks answered it.

Old May 30th 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Crawford

On May 30, 2:04 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Nomen Nescio writes:
How many goddam times do we have to tell you that the rudder / yaw response
is poorly modeled in MSFS.

No number of times will change anything unless you can substantiate your
claims.

How do you substantiate your initial claim that "[Real life GA]
autopilots make coordinated turns even when they cannot control the
rudder"?

The only proof of this supposed phenomenon you've provided is that it
occurs in MSFS.
Additionally you've offered no proof that MSFS models autopilot
behaviour correctly in this respect. (If you could provide such
proof, I suspect it would also provide an answer to your own original
question).

With that in mind, and given the statements from real life pilots that
real life autopilots do not behave as you describe the MSFS autopilot
doing, a poorly modelled rudder / yaw response or AP seems like a
perfectly logical conclusion.

Old May 30th 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Viperdoc writes:

Just to reiterate- the autopilot does not do a coordinated turn.

Yes, it does, at least according to the turn indicator.

no it doesn,t and that's not a turn coordintsaor it';s a bunch of
electrons.

I have many hours in a real Baron and this is how it works. Some
real planes require more or less rudder, as others have pointed out.
My Extra takes a little rudder pressure for a coordinated turn, while
even with my limited time in F-16's, it's pretty much feet on the
floor.

I was talking about the autopilot, not the human pilot.

No, you;'re toaling about a computer.

You try to look for answers based upon some premise that your game is
a real representation of an actual flying experience.

Some try to conceal their lack of answers by claiming that a
simulation isn't like real life. But my simulator predicts the
behavior of an aircraft a lot better than anyone here apparently can.

Yet, MSFS is notably week in
some areas, like the Extra, where the roll rate and flying model are
nowhere close to reality.

I'm not flying an Extra.

You're not flying anything.

The Baron model is far from accurate, and even the
multimillion dollar one I rode in at Simcomm wasn't that close.

What errors are there in the simulated model? Be specific.

Why can't you accept this and stop trolling? As good as it might be,
it is still just a game you're playing.

Because I know I'm right. The more huffing and puffing I see here,
the more proof I see that I'm right.

You're an idiot.

Bertie
Old May 30th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Nomen Nescio writes:

How many goddam times do we have to tell you that the rudder / yaw
response is poorly modeled in MSFS.

No number of times will change anything unless you can substantiate
your claims.

And that's all folks.

Bertie
Old May 30th 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
John Theune writes:

Or D: Nobody wants to answer your question.

Rest assured, if some of the most vocal posters here actually knew the
correct
answer, their egos would compel them to immediately provide it for all to
see.
It's much more satisfying to such people to post a correct answer than it
is
for them to pretend they have the answer and just don't want to reveal it.

They you go, appeal to their egos!

Old May 30th 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Ash Wyllie writes:

2) Newer light aircraft are designed so that at cruise speed and
small aileron
deflections rudder input is not needed.

But the AP aileron deflections do not appear to be small, as it rolls
the aircraft rapidly and smoothly into a coordinated turn. And this
is on an aircraft designed sixty years ago.

You're a kno nothing idiot.

Berit e
Old May 30th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

John Theune writes:

Or D: Nobody wants to answer your question.

Rest assured, if some of the most vocal posters here actually knew the
correct answer, their egos would compel them to immediately provide it
for all to see.

Nope, I know and i'm not going to tell you because it would be a wast e of
time, wheras i get a great deal of enjoyment form calling you a fjukkwit.

Besides, some have actualy posted the correect answer and because of your
autistic view of the world you can't see it.

Fjukkwit.

Bertie