Guess Who's Planning to Shine Lasers on Pilots

Old February 23rd 05, 04:05 AM
John T

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

And your post (and John's) simply affirms exactly what I said would
happen. Thank you very much for proving my point.

No, Pete, you're just being as obstinate as you're accusing us of being.

Specifically, what did you personally do that deserved the deaths of over
3000 people? Then tell me what *I* did (since you claim to know me well
enough to include me in the "all of us" you mentioned).

This isn't about Left/Right, Lib/Con. It's about you being an ass.

You want to talk about particular policies of the US and how they may be
justified or not, let's talk. There's certainly room for discussion. Start
accusing me of being complicit in the attack on the USA and you're doing
nothing but picking a fight - and you damned well knew it or you wouldn't be
saying "you proved my point". You remind me of somebody standing in front
of the news cameras putting fire to an American flag "in protest" then
complaining of intolerance when somebody crosses the street to plant a boot
up the burner's ass.

Most reasonable people don't like being poked in the eye then being told
*they* are the intolerant ones after they break the finger doing the poking.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old February 23rd 05, 04:36 AM
Happy Dog

"Matt Barrow"

Firing tenured professors because they say something offensive to many
people is a really bad idea.

True enough, but what this mental furrball is spewing is not merely
offensive, it's nownright demented. This is not the type of pereson we
need,
of any persuasion, teaching our youth.

There are lots of loony professors. So what.

Unfortunately, in a politically charged
atmosphere, more and more academics are being threatened with censure.

Cite?

http://www.bedfordstmartins.com/comp...rns/dority.htm
http://www.aaup.org/publications/Aca...jf/03jfkni.htm

quick look back at history shows where this leads. If the guy's nuts,

he'll eventually be ignored by everyone except other nuts.

And in the meantime he's polluting our youth minds. That's NOT the purpose
of education, especially tax funded "education".

Yes. Don't trust listeners to make up their own minds.

This sort of thing
happens in the physical sciences as well.

Cite?

Google Gary Schwarz. Or Nobel laureate Brian Josephson. Both whackos.

moo

Old February 23rd 05, 06:17 AM
Peter Duniho

"John T" wrote in message
m...
[...]
Specifically, what did you personally do that deserved the deaths of over
3000 people?

What part of "Do NOT construe any of my comments as condonement of the
terrorist
activities" are you having such a hard time comprehending? Are those words
really that big? Maybe you should get a dictionary?

No one *deserves* an attack like those that took down the WTC towers. But
to sit there dumb and happy thinking that it was completely out of the blue,
motivated by nothing that Americans have done, that's just ostrich-think.

Pete

Old February 23rd 05, 12:16 PM
John T

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

What part of "Do NOT construe any of my comments as condonement of the
terrorist
activities" are you having such a hard time comprehending?

*You* are the one who said "we are all complicit in the origins of
terrorism...we are all guilty". Since the 9/11 attacks were the result of
terrorism and you're saying we're all complicit in the origins of that, I'm
asking what specifically did you, Peter Duniho, do to deserve the deaths
wrought by the terrorism you claim we spawned?

No one *deserves* an attack like those that took down the WTC towers. But
to sit there dumb and happy thinking that it was completely out
of the blue, motivated by nothing that Americans have done, that's
just ostrich-think.

"We don't deserve it, but it's our fault"? If it's truly our fault (because
of what we've done), then how can you claim we don't deserve it?

Old February 23rd 05, 03:51 PM
Matt Barrow

"Happy Dog" wrote in message
. ..
"Matt Barrow"

And in the meantime he's polluting our youth minds. That's NOT the

purpose
of education, especially tax funded "education".

Yes. Don't trust listeners to make up their own minds.

Oh, yes...students have that ability (they're just marking time in class,
you know) and that option.

These are not merely commentators, but people that have more influence on
young people then even their parents. Of course, in the modern age,
education is much more indoctrination in an agenda than teaching how to
think.

This sort of thing
happens in the physical sciences as well.

Cite?

Google Gary Schwarz. Or Nobel laureate Brian Josephson. Both whackos.

And their influence on the young people is...what, exactly?

Old February 23rd 05, 04:08 PM
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:16:58 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net::

I'd prefer a free, objective press.

Then why did you vote for baby Bush:

Santa Barbara News-Press
Wednesday, February 23, 2005
Tom Teepen

BUSH GIVES NEW MEANING TO YELLOW JOURNALISM

The Bush administration has handed out government contracts to at
least three journalists who speak and write approvingly of
administration policies. The administration created phony TV
newscasts, with actors pretending to be reporters, and shipped the
tapes to local TV stations to be broadcast as if they were real
reports.

The administration is straining to imprison journalists who refuse to
rat out sources who blew the whistle on administration misdeeds and
back-stairs maneuvers but, as near as anyone can tell, has left
unbothered the journalist, Robert Novak, who outed a CIA agent in
order to embarrass an administration critic.

The administration has held "town meetings" to showcase President Bush
that were actually political rallies with controlled attendance and
pre-screened questions.

And now it turns out the administration infiltrated the White House
press corps with a specially-created "reporter" who was in fact an
operative for a Republican outfit and then used him to ask Mr. Bush
softball questions that were really diatribes against Democrats.

This latest flap, over "Jeff Gannon," is only the most recent in an
ever-lengthening string of dodges by which the Bush presidency has
tried to bamboozle the public in ways whose difference from fraud is
only a legal technicality.

Gannon, supposedly Washington bureau chief for Talon News, turns out
to be one James Dale Gucket, a GOP cadre who was active recently in
the campaign that defeated Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle.

Even under his supposed cover, Mr. Gucket was never more than a GOP
plant. Talon News is an arm of GOPUSA.com, the political plaything of
a group of Texas conservatives. The administration greased his way
into the White House press corps with extraordinary daily passes, a
rare privilege.

Every administration tries to get away with spinning maters to its own
advantage, but this one is running up something of a record in
outright deceitfulness.

It favored conservative syndicated columnists Maggie Gallagher and
Michael McManus with $21,000 and $10,000 contracts respectively, and
columnist and ubiquitous TV talking head Armstrong Williams walked off
with a cool $240,000 in contracts. In effect, TAXPAYERS WERE TAPPED
TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN DECEPTION. ...

The government's General Accounting Office has formally warned federal
agencies that the resort to video news releases that pass as real TV
news violates laws against using appropriated funds for propaganda.
The scam has been used -- that we know of -- by the White House Office
of National Drug Control Policy and, to tout the Medicare drug policy,
by the Health and Human Services Departments's Centers for Medicare
and Medicaid Services.

The "Karen Ryan" and "Mike Morris" you may have seen holding forth on
Bush policies were actors playing journalists, real-world version of
the hokey "I may not be a doctor, but I play one on television"
routine.

This White House is at once deeply secretive and aggressively
deceptive. If you sometimes feel as though you've been hustled into a
mirror maze, that's because you have.

Tom Teepen is a columnist for Cox Newspapers.

So if you think Ward Churchill should be removed from office for
expressing his views publicly, what is your feeling about this US
President's hubris using YOUR OWN MONEY to dupe you with made up
"news"?

Old February 23rd 05, 04:18 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Then why did you vote for baby Bush:

I don't see the connection. I voted for George Bush because the alternative
was John Kerry.

Old February 23rd 05, 04:31 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:18:59 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

[I'd prefer a free, objective press.]

Then why did you vote for baby Bush:

I don't see the connection.

You state that you prefer a free press. I post an article that outs
Bush and the GOP's using your tax dollars to manipulate the news
media, and you don't see the connection?!

Oh well ...

Old February 23rd 05, 04:44 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

You state that you prefer a free press. I post an article that outs
Bush and the GOP's using your tax dollars to manipulate the news
media, and you don't see the connection?!

Oh well ...

No, I don't see the connection between preferring a free, objective press
and voting for George Bush.

Oh, by the way, you didn't post an article that outs Bush and the GOP's
using tax dollars to manipulate the news media. You're great for copying
and pasting but you frequently do not understand what you post.

Old February 23rd 05, 05:12 PM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:44:53 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
.. .

You state that you prefer a free press. I post an article that outs
Bush and the GOP's using your tax dollars to manipulate the news
media, and you don't see the connection?!

Oh well ...

No, I don't see the connection between preferring a free, objective press
and voting for George Bush.

Oh well ...

Oh, by the way, you didn't post an article that outs Bush and the GOP's
using tax dollars to manipulate the news media.

What part of the news article I posted do you feel fails to show that?

You're great for copying and pasting

Thanks, but I typed that article by hand. If there was a link to it,
I'd have posted that too.

but you frequently do not understand what you post.

That may be true. When/if it occurs, I'd appreciate the courtesy of
being shown exactly how I've misunderstood, so that I can better
understand the truth.