medical question

Old September 14th 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default medical question

Emily writes:

First, I'll bet my life they will show anemia, which should make
him happy that he has a diagnosis ...

Anemia will make it dangerous for you to fly. You don't want that.

Old September 14th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Trevor

Mxsmanic wrote:

Trevor writes:

Amusing? Sure. Dangerous? Hardly.

If I understand properly, some people here are suggesting that one
hide disqualifying conditions from AMEs, which is a lot more dangerous
than anything I've said.

You do not understand properly. Enough said.

Old September 14th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Matt Whiting wrote:
Emily wrote:
Morgans wrote:

Then see a doctor who is. I doubt that she will concur with this

armchair diagnosis of depression. Better yet, find an AME who is also
a psychiatrist, if such exist.

That is actually very bad advice to those pilots who value their
medical
certificate. A real pilot knows not to place the responsibilities of
normal healthcare in the hands of the same doctor who signs one's
medical
certificate.

Once again, Mxsm shows that he is clueless. What is he now, 0 out of
100?

Sheesh!

What *I* think is funny is that he writes as if every word out of his
mouth is gospel.

I mean, seriously, how is a sim player qualified to give anyone advice
on their medical? He gave very dangerous information and I can only
hope that no inexperienced student pilot believes his advice.

How is the information he gave dangerous?

Matt

You think it's a good idea for a student pilot to take his advice? It's
irresponsible to put information out there like that.
Old September 14th 06, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Trevor

Emily wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:
Emily wrote:
Morgans wrote:

[...]

Good idea or no, how is the information he gave "dangerous?"

It's
irresponsible to put information out there like that.

This is UseNet. Some information is excellent, some is written by computer game
players. Caveat emptor.

Old September 14th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Sylvain" wrote in message
t...
Jay Beckman wrote:

HIPPA Laws:
http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacysummar...ipaa%20laws%22
Covers what can and can't be shared and by whom.

yep, I know about that; doesn't prevent you from getting medical
files via information aggregators; business as usual, (Do you
seriously believe that HIPPA protects your privacy?)

--Sylvain

Yes I do.

But then I'm married to a Human Resources professional who know more about
it than I. She's got some "great" stories about how she can't ask certain
questions even when an employee is face down on the office floor having had
a stroke.

Jay B

Old September 14th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Mortimer Schnerd, RN" wrote)
Nothing personal, but you did imply you were twenty-something in a

BWAHAHA!!!! Busted!

( emergency landing in downtown Montreal ends well)

"Nah, happens here, too. I learned in driver's ed about streets getting
oily, but it rained a lot where I learned to drive and I never
experienced it.

First time it rained here, I took a corner too fast and spun out...it
felt like I was driving on a solid sheet of ice. Of course, being used
to driving in snow, it was easy to recover. Scary stuff!"

(Monblack here)
"...driver's ed..."

Hmm? I'm comfortable calling it "Under 30." Is 26 taken?

Next, we guess weight. g

Montblack
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094593/
18 Again! (1988)

Original hit song, sung by George Burns, will play here. :-)
"I wish I was 18 again." (1980)

("Why shouldn't I be a country singer?" he deadpanned. "I'm older than most
countries.")

(From Wikipedia)
Burns continued to work well into his nineties, writing a number of books
and appearing in television and films. One of his last films was 18 Again,
based on a half-novelty, country music based hit single he enjoyed, "I Wish
I Was 18 Again." ("Why shouldn't I be a country singer?" he deadpanned. "I'm
older than most countries.") In this film, he played a self-made millionaire
industrialist who switched bodies with his awkward, artistic,
eighteen-year-old grandson (played by Charlie Schlatter).

Classically, Burns delivered one of his typical droll observations, when he
realizes he and his grandson have switched bodies: "Oh, David, did you get
the short end of this deal!"

Old September 14th 06, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Jay Beckman wrote:

(Do you
seriously believe that HIPPA protects your privacy?)

Yes I do.

well I don't.

But then I'm married to a Human Resources professional who know more about
it than I. She's got some "great" stories about how she can't ask certain
questions even when an employee is face down on the office floor having
had a stroke.

I got a few fun stories too; I no longer count the number of
'illegal' questions I got asked during job interviews or during
the course of employment, e.g., age, marital status, nature of my
disability -- I walk on crutches -- prying questions about my
ethnic background -- I have a funny accent and an exotic name -- etc.
Not to mention unsolicited commercial mail that uses information
that either employers or health care providers should have kept
to themselves (you can easily keep track of that by carefully chosen
typos or choice of spelling etc. when you fill out application forms
-- an idea suggested long ago by a professor I had in college)
And that's for the deliberate/willful leaks, don't get me started
with how reckless administrations and corporations are with your
private data...

In other words, no, HIPPA does not give me the same warm and fuzzy
feeling as it does to you... but hey, may be is it just me.

--Sylvain
Old September 14th 06, 07:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Jon Kraus" wrote)
As long as you aren't taking anti-depressants you don't have anything to
worry about.

Well, that was certainly depressing ...despite the word "anti" being bandied
about. g

Montblack

http://www.oldestgarageband.com/

http://www.oldestgarageband.com/duck_and_cover.htm
Couldn't get #7 to play on my computer :-(

(On the actual CD, it's song #8 ...oops, misprint)

Crazy Baby
By: Joan Osborn

And they look at you like they don't speak your language
And you're living at the bottom of a well
And you've swallowed all the awful bloody secrets
But you can't tell...

Oh, you know you ought to get yourself together
But you cannot bear to walk outside your door
No, you cannot bear to look into the mirror
Anymore...

Oh, my crazy baby
Try to hold on tight
Oh, my crazy baby
Don't put out the light...
The light, the light, the light

And your hands are really shakin' somethin' awful
As your worries climb around inside your clothes
Oh, how long will you be sittin' in the darkness
Heaven knows...

Old September 14th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

Will play he

http://www.angelfire.com/me5/mybelie...sh18again.html

Old September 14th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

("Sylvain" wrote)
how would you know if you have never been diagnosed? (I am not talking
about common sense or being smart here, but about plausible deniability)

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive/ois/cases/filegate/ickes_ex1.htm
Team - "I have no specific recollection"

or

"Sybil's not here at the moment"

Montblack
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075296/
Sybil (1976) TV

"Curiosity killed the cat, so don't wonder."
"Curiosity didn't tear the cat's head off, Sweetie."

"Who dat who say who dat who say who dat?"