What to do about North Korea...?

Old July 8th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
karl gruber[_1_]

Default What to do about North Korea...?

Because they are the Muslem enemy.

Karl

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
Jay,

Why do you think so few countries are dumb enough to try it?

Why do YOU think they crash airliners into your biggest buildings?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 8th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:

Agreed. But that's the way it is in all wars.

Jay,
I agree with you; that is the way it is with all wars. Of course, that
begs the real question, doesn't it.

Old July 8th 06, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Thomas Borchert wrote:

Why do you think so few countries are dumb enough to try it?

Why do YOU think they crash airliners into your biggest buildings?

To try to incite others into attacking the USA.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old July 8th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

Jay Honeck schrieb:

Welcome to geopolitics, Stefan. I didn't say it was a good thing --
but it's the real deal.

You said *you win*. Disgusting.

Stefan
Old July 8th 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jose[_1_]

I suspect that 2,539 (plus 3 more today) American families think we
have already lost.

Agreed. But that's the way it is in all wars.

Including wars we shouldn't be in.

Jose
--
The monkey turns the crank and thinks he's making the music.
Old July 8th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Matt,

Moving them to Iran

Bruhaha. Saddam moving his WMD to Iran. Yeah, right. You have world
politics down pat, no doubt.

He moved his fighter planes there.
Old July 8th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

Martin Hotze wrote:

On 7 Jul 2006 19:40:59 -0700, Jay Honeck wrote:

In other words, if a stable democracy develops in Iraq, we win.

what will _you_ (you mean the USA, I suppose) win?

You're a dumbass. That's a collective we. You can't see the value to
the world of a democracy in Iraq? You can't be serious.

Old July 8th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Newps

By the way, flyin today at the Redman ranch which is at the BIL 225/19
give or take a mile or so. Fly that Hawk down there and bring a side
dish and something to drink. Burgers, brats and chicken breast coming
off the grill about 6 pm.

wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
The only way we lose is if both sects unite in an Islamic theocracy.

don't think that is going to happen.

Old July 8th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Why do you think so few countries are dumb enough to try it?

Why do YOU think they crash airliners into your biggest buildings?

What you or I think is irrelevant. The bottom line is that when anyone
has yanked America's chain hard enough, they have always lost...always
-- even when they "won".

And this isn't just true of America, by the way. It's the old "don't
tug on Superman's cape" rule that pretty much defines the geopolitical
world -- and has for millenia.

Don't believe it? Ask Germany's Hitler, Italy's Mussolini, Japan's
Hirohito and Tojo, Iraq's Saddam, Al Queda's Al Zarqawi, Panama's
Noriega, Serbia's Milosevic...the list goes on and on.

Even the few apparent "winners" on the short list of those who have
gone toe-to-toe with America -- the North Vietnamese, Cuba's Fidel
Castro, and Osama bin Laden, to name three -- lost so much in the
process of "winning" as to dissuade most people from even attempting to
rile America.

For example, the Vietnamese won the war, but lost two (three?)
generations of young men -- and, in the end, America accomplished its
long-range strategic goal of stopping communism.

Fidel Castro has stuck his tongue out at America for 45 years -- but
has been forced to live his life in a gilded cage, in constant fear of
assassination. And, with the fall of communism worldwide, he's
watched his power and prestige evaporate to the point where no one in
America (well, outside of Miami) has taken him seriously for at least a
decade.

And then, of course, bin Laden has attacked America and (thus far)
evaded capture. To accomplish this he is probably holed up in a cave
in Tora Bora, dodging the elite special forces unit that recently
brought down Al Zarqawi. Sound like fun?

I wouldn't characterize any of these supposed "victors" as having lived
anything approaching a fulfilling life -- and most thinking people see
their fate, and come to the same conclusion: Don't screw with America.

It remains to be seen if America can accomplish its long-range
strategic goals in this current war -- but I wouldn't bet against it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA