"Rolling" to ATC

Old February 7th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default "Rolling" to ATC

On Feb 6, 10:58 am, "chris" wrote:
On Feb 6, 10:04 pm, Thomas Borchert
wrote:

Chris,

There's a couple of other differences that spring to mind as I type
this -

Worldwide, there's a ton.

I am starting to realise that! How does someone get on going across
Europe? I presume it's only the French who actively dislike speaking
English on the radio, but there's gotta be lots of traps for young
players...

Not just the French ;-)
To be honest the French are OK when it comes to flying there.
And it is not their dislike for English, most of them just never have
learned it.
In real life it is not much of a problem. French FIS and most of their
large airfields are both French and English.
Only small fields are French only.

Germans do the same.
I can understand German RT well unless somebody from Austria,
Switzerland or even Bavaria calls in and doing their version of
German.

And there is English and English, ever heard pilots from Scotland or
Wales?

-Kees

Old February 7th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
chris[_1_]

wrote:

[...]

We did have amusing times with an Irish pilot with a very thick accent
trying to communicate with a Fijian Indian controller, who was also
trying to communicate with Chinese student pilots fresh over from
China who were learning to fly to go home for an airline job...

Old February 7th 07, 10:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

And there is English and English, ever heard pilots from Scotland or
Wales?

Texas?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 7th 07, 11:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Theune writes:

and 10 seconds looking at the databases on www.landings.com shows that
there is a person named andrew sarangan with all the credentials he claims.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove that a person in those databases is
also a person who posts here.

Old February 7th 07, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

John Theune writes:

and 10 seconds looking at the databases on www.landings.com shows that
there is a person named andrew sarangan with all the credentials he claims.

A bit longer spent with the real database--that of the Federal Aviation
Administration--reveals the same thing.

However, the fact that such a person exists does not mean that the posts
bearing his name were actually written by him. That is usually impossible to
prove or disprove.

Old February 7th 07, 11:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

F. Reid writes:

John, how can a guy claim these credits and not understand the basics?

In other words, you disagree with him. That doesn't mean that he lacks the
credentials he claims, nor does it make him unqualified.

To be a pilot, instructor, etc., you need only pass certain tests. You don't
have to be an expert in aviation. Credentials do not equal qualifications,
and vice versa.

And why would he be trolling on these lists?

"Trolling" is so overused that it really doesn't mean anything any more.
Nobody is trolling on this list that I can see. Disagreeing with your point
of view is not trolling.

Seems hard to imagine.

No doubt because it is so incongruent with the obvious reality.

Is he using the handle of a person he doesnt like?

Or is he just expressing an opinion that you don't like?

Old February 7th 07, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Reid

On Feb 7, 4:56 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
In other words, you disagree with him. That doesn't mean that he lacks the
credentials he claims, nor does it make him unqualified.

Actually, he disagreed with someone else and claimed THEY were not
qualified.If someone disagrees with me that doesnt make them
unqualified, it makes them smart.

To be a pilot, instructor, etc., you need only pass certain tests. You don't
have to be an expert in aviation. Credentials do not equal qualifications,
and vice versa.

Actually, instructors are in fact sky gods.They are all knowing and
all telling pillars of the aviation community.They are men among men
(even the females).All kidding aside, you would expect a person to
have a certain level of knowlege for a certain level of ratings.

"Trolling" is so overused that it really doesn't mean anything any more.
Nobody is trolling on this list that I can see. Disagreeing with your point
of view is not trolling.

Good point.And this is exactly MY point.If AS disagrees with someone,
he could stand to be a bit civil.Also, the guy shouldnt debate topics
he does not have a grasp of.Kind of like what you did a few threads
ago.

No doubt because it is so incongruent with the obvious reality.

Incongruent?I dont know what that means.Dont use big words with me.

Or is he just expressing an opinion that you don't like?

Or in this case he is calling other peoples credentals into
question.Thats an opinion I could do without.

Old February 7th 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Reid

On Feb 7, 4:29 am, Mxsmanic wrote:

and 10 seconds looking at the databases onwww.landings.comshows that
there is a person named andrew sarangan with all the credentials he claims.

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove that a person in those databases is
also a person who posts here.

Good point.In an effort to respect the guy's privacy I havent looked
it up anways.

Old February 7th 07, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Theune

F. Reid wrote:
On Feb 6, 9:46 pm, John Theune wrote:
F. Reid wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:47 pm, "Andrew Sarangan" wrote:
Seems this thread has degraded. First it was MX, then someone named
alice who goes around claiming anyone he disagrees with are not real
pilots.
I read what you posted to Alice, and you really owe her an apology.You
claimed that anyone who disagreed with you needed to "Go back to the
basics".Do you treat your students like this?
Yes, I am a real pilot, flight instructor and an enthusiast,
Come on dude, I have read some of your other posts and you have
several basic concepts completely backwards.There is no way you are a
CFI much less a rated pilot.Like I said before, there is nothing wrong
with a non flying enthusiast on this list.Just be honest.
FR

and 10 seconds looking at the databases onwww.landings.comshows that
there is a person named andrew sarangan with all the credentials he claims.- Hide quoted text -

John,
Just for reference, I looked up mine and several buddies names and
only a few were listed.Not terribly accurate.

You can opt-out of the listings and they don't appear instantly.