Big Kahunas

Old December 5th 03, 04:48 PM
Wdtabor

In article , "C J Campbell"
writes:

Even allowing that post-war France is somewhat the same country is pre-war
France and giving the French some claim to being an older country, most
other European nations did not come into existence before Napoleon. Before
that, most of Europe was nothing but a collection of tiny feudal estates
ruled by petty overlords whose chief form of recreation seems to have been
burning down other feudal estates.

The problem with France is that, while our revolution was led by our best
people, theirs chopped the heads off their best and brightest, thus removing
the cream from their gene pool.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 5th 03, 06:12 PM
C J Campbell

"mike regish" wrote in message
| Put pretty concisely and accurately, if you ask me.
|
| But then, you didn't, did you.
|
| I think dubya knows he's in trouble in the polls. If he were not having
poll
| trouble, he would not have made the trip. If this were his second term, he
| would not have made the trip.
|
| mike regish

So far, the only arguments that I have heard against us going into Iraq was
fears that we would not behave like Americans: establishing democracy and
the rule of law, rebuilding the infrastructure, eliminating a threat to the
very foundations of civilization, and giving freedom to Iraqis. No, all the
arguments against us being there are based on fears that we will behave like
Europeans -- the Crusades, colonialism, mass exploitation, looting of the
subject country, and enslaving the population.

It appears, despite assertions to the contrary, that we are remaining more
true to our American ideals there rather than giving in to European cultural
excesses.

Old December 5th 03, 07:14 PM
Jonathan Goodish

In article q4Nxb.7819$ZE1.4509@fed1read04,
"R. Hubbell" wrote:
No man it's cojones, I can't make the connection why you think flying into
Iraq means he has big cojones. Big cojones would have meant announcing to
the
world that you were spending Thanksgiving with the troops in Iraq. Flying in
for 2 hours, unannounced, is not an act of bravery. It's really just a
political stunt. Apparently it's working.

I seriously doubt that. Flying into Baghdad was a fairly large risk
even given the security precautions. If all Bush was after was
political points, he could have scored those easily without ever leaving
Washington, D.C.

JKG
Old December 5th 03, 08:41 PM
Montblack

("Martin Hotze" wrote)
And what, in your view of the world, were these secret reasons that he

"lied" about?

maybe the turkey was the secret? :-)))

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2003Dec3.html

From the story:
A contractor had roasted and primped the turkey to adorn the buffet line,
while the 600 soldiers were served from cafeteria-style steam trays, the
officials said. They said the bird was not placed there in anticipation of
Bush's stealthy visit, and military sources said a trophy turkey is a
standard feature of holiday chow lines.

Contractor / Iraq / Military / Presidential visit

....$47,000 Thanksgiving Day (table dressing) military turkey.

That's my taxpayer guess g. Am I too low?

--
Montblack
http://lumma.de/mt/archives/bart.gif

Old December 5th 03, 10:10 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Martin Hotze wrote:

hm. I am from Europe. Mainland Europe (there is only mainland Europe *bg*).
I am living in mailand Europe, in a neutral country, and we have the Euro as our
currency. Now this explanation doesn't leave very much room for choices :-))

Fine, but in the mid-1700s, Europe was a hodge-podge of duchies, kingdoms, and
God knows what else. As I recall, you are living in Austria. That area, and the
area north of there now known as Bavaria provided most of the troops that
England sent over here during our revolution and many of the troops used later
in the Napoleonic wars. My ancestors called them "Hessians" because many of them
were from that area.

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".
Old December 5th 03, 11:05 PM
mike regish

Then you haven't been paying attention.

mike regish

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
In article , David Dyer-Bennet
wrote:

Stood up on TV and admitted to the world that he "lied".

More than any other president has done. He seems to actually value
integrity.

wow! That is pretty close to the dumbest thing I've read on
usenet.

--
Bob Noel

Old December 5th 03, 11:21 PM
mike regish

You are without a doubt the most contemptuous, hateful and outright arrogant
person I've yet run into, and there are some doozies in the pro-bush tribe.
Get off your high horse and get in touch with reality at some point in your
miserable life.

I don't plonk anybody, but that may just change. I'm sure that will break
your heart.

I'll bet you make a lot of money.

mike regish

Old December 6th 03, 12:13 AM
Montblack

("Mike Regish" wrote)
some odd anti-Mormie stuff snipped

I'll bet you make a lot of money.

I was with you up until ...right about here. g

Old December 6th 03, 01:51 AM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 02:49:49 +0000, Bob Noel wrote:

some people just aren't happy. whining when the US doesn't
take action and more whining when the US does.

They would whine if you hung 'em with a new rope...