OT - Plasma TV question

Old February 27th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default OT - Plasma TV question

Dan Luke wrote:

"jwilljr" wrote in message
. ..

Dan Luke wrote:

"jwilljr" wrote:

Do you know somebody who will only put a certain brand of oil in
their car? Or drive 10 miles out of their way to buy a certain
brand of gas? All because they think they are getting better
quality? Those people buy Monster Cable.

Yep... ignorant, gullible people... the same people who buy Bose
products.

********.

Here i some reading for you:

I've used ANR aviation headsets for seven years. In that time I've
bought top-of-the-line Telex and Lightspeed sets. They are good, but
each has its drawbacks. Finally, after a demo at OSH, I bought a Bose
X. It is so superior in every respect to the others that I never want
to use anything else.

But that's just ol' ignorant, gullible me.

You must feel really bad, now, right? :-)

Matt
Old February 27th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Dan Luke wrote:

I've used ANR aviation headsets for seven years. In that time I've
bought top-of-the-line Telex and Lightspeed sets. They are good, but
each has its drawbacks. Finally, after a demo at OSH, I bought a Bose
X. It is so superior in every respect to the others that I never want
to use anything else.

But that's just ol' ignorant, gullible me.

I am with you on this one, Dan.

I, too, have flown with Lightspeeds, Telex, and DCs. My Bose Aviation X,
the only headset now use, has about 550 hours on them. ANR quality, mic
sound quality, and comfort are all excellent, headset construction is
solid, and they have been problem-free to date.

My personal experiences with all of these headsets trumps any newsgroup
post to the contrary.

--
Peter
Neither ignorant nor gullible, at least when discussing headsets.
Old February 27th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Peter R. wrote:

My personal experiences with all of these headsets trumps any newsgroup
post to the contrary.

Me too. I now have a set of the Bose. Head and shoulders above the
rest. I have tried all of the ones you mentioned except the Telex. The
DC are the scourge of the earth as far as I am concerned. The
Lightspeeds are good, just not as good as the Bose.
Old February 27th 06, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Matt Whiting wrote:
jwilljr wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"jwilljr" wrote:

Do you know somebody who will only put a certain brand of oil in
their car? Or drive 10 miles out of their way to buy a certain
brand of gas? All because they think they are getting better
quality? Those people buy Monster Cable.

Yep... ignorant, gullible people... the same people who buy Bose
products.

********.

Here i some reading for you:

http://tinyurl.com/ktchz

http://tinyurl.com/z2cbl

http://tinyurl.com/mntou

http://tinyurl.com/rcwvq

http://tinyurl.com/ohq9k

http://tinyurl.com/rn6jl

http://tinyurl.com/ohn7p

The only thing Bose is good for is the WAF.

Jerry

Yep, I'd definitely consider a discussion group as the ultimate source
of knowledge.

Matt

Like this one? Sorry I am not going to spend a grand on headsets that
may be worth 300 at the most.

Jerry
Old February 27th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

and Bose equipment is one of them. Even Monster cables are really
good cables, they just aren't needed in many cases.

Can you name an instance where a "Monster cable" IS needed?

Old February 27th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Happy Dog wrote:

The guy at www.plasmanext.com is Dalen, not Darren, as I previously said.

Holy Mackerel! Did you see that Pioneer 51" on his home page towards the
bottom? US $41 million for it!

--
Peter
Old February 27th 06, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Newps wrote:

Do a lot of research. You won't believe how much misinformation is out
there. For example go to any TV store or a Costco.

I found that out when I queried a salesman at a high end, boutique A/V shop
about the availability of the 1020p HD sources. He stumbled his way
through an answer that demonstrated he knew nothing.

--
Peter
Old February 27th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Newps wrote:

Peter R. wrote:

My personal experiences with all of these headsets trumps any newsgroup
post to the contrary.

Me too. I now have a set of the Bose. Head and shoulders above the
rest. I have tried all of the ones you mentioned except the Telex. The
DC are the scourge of the earth as far as I am concerned. The
Lightspeeds are good, just not as good as the Bose.

We are our own /Aviation Consumer/.

--
Peter
Old February 27th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

jwilljr wrote:

Matt Whiting wrote:

jwilljr wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"jwilljr" wrote:

[...]

That is your prerogative. That is one thing I like about capitalism.
Those of us who like quality can buy it and those who don't, don't have
to. I don't buy tools at Wally World, but many people do. I can't for
the life of me figure that out, but it seems to work for many folks.

Matt
Old February 27th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

JohnH wrote:

and Bose equipment is one of them. Even Monster cables are really
good cables, they just aren't needed in many cases.

Can you name an instance where a "Monster cable" IS needed?

As I said earlier, for longer runs low attenuation is more important and
Monster cables are fairly good in this regard, at least they were last
time I checked a few years ago.

The same is true with coax cable. You can use RG-59, RG-6 or RG-11, but
if you are running 400' and use RG-59 rather than -11, you'll likely be
an unhappy camper.

Matt

Lyc. O-360 cylinder question JB Owning 13 November 27th 04 09:32 PM
A question on Airworthiness Inspection Dave S Home Built 1 August 10th 04 05:07 AM
Question Charles S Home Built 4 April 5th 04 09:10 PM
Partnership Question Harry Gordon Owning 4 August 16th 03 11:23 PM
Winching: Steel vs. Plasma Bob Johnson Soaring 10 August 12th 03 05:41 PM