How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

Old August 13th 08, 02:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default How much fuel do you prefer to carry?

On Aug 12, 8:41*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
Pilots in IMC quite happily fly by outside reference when a few
hundred feet below or above a cloud deck. There is NO requirement that
one must fly by reference to instruments alone in IMC -- not one! In
order to earn the rating, one must, on the other hand, demonstrate the
ability to fly by reference to instruments alone.

Why do you think that requirement exists for the rating?

The statement you made was that IMC required flight by reference to
instruments. That is in error. Your question is a very weak attempt to
divert attention from your error. Please, try a new gambit -- you've
exhausted that one.
Old August 13th 08, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 12, 9:57*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:
The statement you made was that IMC required flight by reference to
instruments. That is in error. Your question is a very weak attempt to
divert attention from your error. Please, try a new gambit -- you've
exhausted that one.

My point (as opposed to the literal statement) was that some pilots think that
they don't have to rely on instruments when stuck in IMC aloft, and that
pilots who think this tend not to be very bright or competent. *Arguing
semantics or details versus the general principle does not change this.

Words mean things. You wrote what you wrote. Pilots who are not rated
or if rated not current should not be challenging IMC. Those of us who
are find flying in those conditions in many ways easier than flying
under VFR conditions, but hearing a non pilot spout nonsense about the
reality of flying in those conditions is laughable. Read again what
you wrote, then offer your apologetics again.

I notice it's after 10 PM here, so it's 4 AM in Paris, isn't it? Does
your real life not require you to be rested in the morning?

Old August 13th 08, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

writes:
[...]

Real life?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 13th 08, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ricky

On Aug 12, 10:10*am, Mxsmanic wrote:

you fly exclusively by instruments in IMC; that's why it is called IMC. *IMC means conditions that
legally require IFR, and IFR means flying by instruments alone.

Anthony, NO, NO, NO! You do not have to fly exclusively by instruments
in IMC. There are often conditions IN LEGAL IMC where on flys by
visual reference.

IFR DOES NOT mean "flying by instruments alone." You are wrong! Show
me where you learned this gibberish if you are so sure about it.

My overall point, in any case, is that you must fly by instruments alone in
IMC and under IFR (landings and take-offs excepted). *Some "pilots" here have
asserted that one must fly visually or by means other than instruments under
IFR in IMC, solely for the purpose of disagreeing with me (I presume),

Anthony, NO, NO, NO! You do NOT have to "fly by instruments alone in
IFR, and sometimes in IMC one flys visually.
The reason they are disagreeing with you is because you are NOT a
pilot, much less an instrument rated pilot (which I am), you do not
fly, you do not know the details of IFR and IMC, and you don't know
what you are talking about.

Ricky

Old August 13th 08, 05:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

wrote in
:

writes:
[...]

This is Anthony's only life. He once posted his monthly income. Despite
all his claims to a superior education and skill, his income is less than
what a teen age high school drop out can earn working part time at
McDonalds.