Tricky examiners

Old January 9th 08, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dgs[_3_]

Default Tricky examiners

Mxsmanic wrote:

Gig 601XL Builder writes:

You've got plenty of free time.

I was simply calling your bluff, successfully.

You did no such thing, and as usual, you failed, as you do repeatedly.

You're obviously not here to discuss aviation or flying. LEAVE!
--
dgs
Old January 10th 08, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_21_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

You've got plenty of free time.

I was simply calling your bluff, successfully.

Good job bud!

Bertie

Old January 10th 08, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in
:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gig 601XL Builder writes:

You've got plenty of free time.

I was simply calling your bluff, successfully.

Good job bud!

Bertie

Bad baby bunyip!

MXS is a dirty boi.

Bertie
Old January 11th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Dudley Henriques wrote:
Margy Natalie wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Gig601XLBuilder wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Anyway...I won't tell you what it cost me, but FWIW, if a cop ever
asks to see your pilot's license, for God sake, don't show it to
him :-)))

While I agree aren't you actually required to if he asks?

Actually the answer to this would be yes, IF the request was an
official one made for an official purpose.
In this case, it was an obvious attempt at humor and being a smart
ass as I was, I supplied it. Bad ju ju in case you need to know :-))

I've also heard the story with another outcome. The cop laughed and
said "either slow down or gain altitude" and let the guy off.

Margy

Hi Margy;

Hope you and Ron had a great holiday and will be having a great new year
as well.

Thanks, we had an interesting holiday as I managed to get sick for the 5
days preceding our New Year's brunch so poor Ron had to clean, shop and
cook. I managed to get well enough to clean up, but he got stuck with
most of the work. I still sound like a toad, so every day I get a good
ribbing from the docents. My job really has some aspects of hanging out
with some of the more colorful characters here, but in person :-). At
least most of them tell good flying lies :-).

I'm just starting to gear up for the June Fly-In at work,
http://www.nasm.si.edu/becomeapilot/
which requires way more meetings than needed, but ... and poor Ron I
think I'm not going to invite him to fly to the fly-in this year for the
first time so he can have more time to clean and cook for the pilots
party afterwards. He should never have learned to make his now famous
fried turkey!

Margy

" ...

The woman just stared at him and you could see the anger melt away from
her face. I've never seen someone change like that.
She just smiled at him and said;
"I'm sorry, and thank you so much. You've just made my day for me".

Best comeback I've ever heard!!

That is a good one!

Old January 11th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Margy Natalie wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Margy Natalie wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:

Gig601XLBuilder wrote:

Dudley Henriques wrote:

[...]

You guys do a wonderful job down there at the Museum. It's a fabulous
place. The one complaint I had on our visit there some years ago were
the outrageous prices of the hot dogs the vendors were charging outside
on the street, but I was one hungry camper and those dogs smelled SO
good I had to have one.....make that two I think!! :-))

Tell Ron I sympathize with him on the cooking. I've learned to cook
fairly well myself. My wife has been down for many months now with a
terrible Sciatic Nerve issue and I've taken over the kitchen duties.
She says at least I haven't killed anyone with my cooking yet.
Best of luck with the Fly-In.
Dudley

Dudley Henriques
Old January 11th 08, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

You guys do a wonderful job down there at the Museum. It's a fabulous
place. The one complaint I had on our visit there some years ago were
the outrageous prices of the hot dogs the vendors were charging outside
on the street, but I was one hungry camper and those dogs smelled SO
good I had to have one.....make that two I think!! :-))

That's downtown, I'm out at the Udvar-Hazy Center where there is the
most expensive McDonald's in Virginia or you can get back in your car
and drive 5-10 minutes for real food. Actually in the past few years a
number of hotels and food places have opened up near the museum so
weekend hotel rates have come way down.

Tell Ron I sympathize with him on the cooking. I've learned to cook
fairly well myself. My wife has been down for many months now with a
terrible Sciatic Nerve issue and I've taken over the kitchen duties.
She says at least I haven't killed anyone with my cooking yet.

:-)
Best of luck with the Fly-In.

Thanks, I'll need it. Every year it's gotten bigger and better so now
everyone's looking at me and saying, "so what do you have in store for
this year"! The date this year is June 14th. Anyone out there who has
something they might want to bring in, let me know at my work address
which is my last name and first initial (nataliem) atsign (si.edu) or
register on the web page. http://www.nasm.si.edu/becomeapilot/ Last
year I ended up with 59 aircraft and the only things I had duplicates of
were a pair of F-16's and a pair of SNJs. I had everything from a
motorglider to a C-17. It was a blast!

Margy
Dudley

Old January 11th 08, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Last
year I ended up with 59 aircraft and the only things I had duplicates of
were a pair of F-16's and a pair of SNJs. I had everything from a
motorglider to a C-17. It was a blast!

The first time I read this, I thought the 59 aircraft were donations.

THAT would be a blast.

Old January 11th 08, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Steve Foley wrote:
"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...

Last
year I ended up with 59 aircraft and the only things I had duplicates of
were a pair of F-16's and a pair of SNJs. I had everything from a
motorglider to a C-17. It was a blast!

The first time I read this, I thought the 59 aircraft were donations.

THAT would be a blast.

Well, there was an MV-22 that was having a tough time unfolding the
wings and the crew was running out of duty time. The pilot asked if it
would be a problem if they had to stay overnight. I gave him a bit of a
funny look and asked what other option we would have. The building guy
who was finding tools for them without missing a bit said, "yeah, but in
the morning we tow it in and it's ours". The museum is actually at the
point where every piece of floor space (including hanging space) is
planned and there are a few planes that "don't fit". The master plan is
really an amazing piece of work and it gets "readjusted" periodically.
I'm glad it's not my job :-).

Margy
Old January 12th 08, 05:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:19:26 -0500, Margy Natalie wrote:

"yeah, but in the morning we tow it in and it's ours".

Two days later you'd see it for sale on Ebay.

:- )

--
Dallas
Old January 13th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 18:47:15 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"RST Engineering" wrote in
:

Sorry old chap, if you mentioned this somewhere in this thread, I
missed it. In that case, you are correct and the examiner is well
within his bounds to ask you if you would do something illegal, and if
you agree, you lose. That's true on this side of the pond as well.

Actually, the rules could be very different ndeed. No idea what Oz is like,
but I have been involved in certification in a few different countries and
while the general idea is the same, the specific rules can be very
different indeed.
The Brits, for instance, are downright bizarre. Don't even start me on the
Germans, and I had one licence that merely required that my company bribe
the officials. No check ride, no written on the local rules. nothing.

You also had to bribe the waiter in this place to get you your breakfast,
customs and immigration to get in and out of the country, the fueler to
brign you fuel on time and so on.

I went to an "Ethics" training meeting at one company I worked for.
They dealt with both US and "foreign" ethics. The gist of the meeting
was "If you have a problem doing business like this" we suggest you
either plan on staying in your present state side position or seek
employment elsewhere". IOW the emphasis was on the "elsewhere" as
most would be going to other countries within their first 10 years of
so.

These "Ethics" are a nightmare for companies doing business abroad as
you play by their rules, but you can't let the folks "over here" know
that.

Roger (K8RI)

Bertie