FYI: Dec 12 MythBusters: Airplane Hour

Old December 14th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

Default FYI: Dec 12 MythBusters: Airplane Hour

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

My first time was in the back of a Nash.
--
Dudley Henriques

Chevy Nova.

Old December 14th 07, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.skydiving
Marty Shapiro

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Marty Shapiro" wrote

No, it would come out covered in fecal matter.

True. I don't know what I was thinking! g

I am not sure it would be because he is full of it, or because he
lives with his head up his arse, though. ;-)

Both.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old December 14th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
muff528 wrote:

What's a "Nash" ? ........ ;^)

,The younger generation

Hell, I could have said "La Salle". Man, I AM getting older!!!!! :-))

I knew that but not because I'm that old - I just remember the line "Gee, our old La Salle
ran great" from the "All in the Family" theme. Originally, they kind of slurred the lyric
and most viewers didn't get it, so they rerecorded it with more careful enunciation.

Of course, those of us who even know that much are dating ourselves. (Which, by the way,
is illegal in most Bible-belt states. Think about it.)

Old December 15th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.skydiving
Morgans[_2_]

I am not sure it would be because he is full of it, or because he
lives with his head up his arse, though. ;-)

Both.

Definitely.

Since he lives with his head up his ass, it would only follow that it would
be full!
--
Jim in NC

Old December 15th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.skydiving
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Morgans wrote:
I am not sure it would be because he is full of it, or because he
lives with his head up his arse, though. ;-)

Both.

Definitely.

Since he lives with his head up his ass, it would only follow that it would
be full!

I think we ought to install a Plexiglass Belly Button in the poor guy.

Give him some way to see out?
Old December 15th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

cavelamb himself wrote in
:

Morgans wrote:
I am not sure it would be because he is full of it, or because he
lives with his head up his arse, though. ;-)

Both.

Definitely.

Since he lives with his head up his ass, it would only follow that it
would be full!

I think we ought to install a Plexiglass Belly Button in the poor guy.

Give him some way to see out?

You ought to develop that idea. The world has been waiting for one of those
for a long time.

Bertie
Old December 15th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"nobody" wrote in news:t6h8j.254061$kj1.47694
@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Mxsmanic wrote in

I have virtually no doubt of it.

I have no doubt either. you'd crash.

What goes up........

Oh i can't wait to see his argument attempting to disprove this one.

Well, his Kook Rating has been an unbroken upward trend line since he started here and
there is absolutely zero probabilty that it will go down.

Old December 15th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Ross wrote in news:q0z8j.1$W34.0@dfw-
service2.ext.ray.com:

I mentioned earlier that my parents had a Nash. I remember that the
front seats would lay back and if you pulled them up just right you
could have a very nice "bed" with the back seat.

Yep. A friend of mine had a 1960 Rambler that did that. I got one too and
we tried to fold the front seats in the same fashion, but it took a lof of
force. Sitting on the dash and kicking force, to be exact. We got them to
fold but found out afterwards that mine didn't have that feature, so from
that point on I was driving around sitting on the edge of a bed.
Just like Anthony, come to think of it!

Oh yeah, it ony had second gear and had a range of about 15 miles before it
overheated. I loved it. I called it "The Midnight Rambler"

When I was 16 we had the Rambler station wagon where the front seat folded back and the
back seat folded forward, giving you a flat, spacious deck from dashboard to tailgate.

Unfortunately, my social skills weren't quite good enough at the time to take full
advantage of it. Had to make do later with the back seat of a Nova. :-(

Old December 15th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"John Mazor" wrote

Unfortunately, my social skills weren't quite good enough at the time to
take full advantage of it. Had to make do later with the back seat of a
Nova. :-(

Try to make do with the back seat of a Corvair.

I'll ONLY say that sometimes my feet got wet, if it was raining! ;-)
--
Jim in NC

Old December 15th 07, 07:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in message

"John Mazor" wrote

Unfortunately, my social skills weren't quite good enough at the time to take full
advantage of it. Had to make do later with the back seat of a Nova. :-(

Try to make do with the back seat of a Corvair.

I'll ONLY say that sometimes my feet got wet, if it was raining! ;-)

That sounds like the basis for a marketing slogan for a certain SUV:

"There's nothing like getting a hummer in a Hummer!"

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they've already posted a stealth-marketing video on
YouTube using that. If this SUV is rockin' don't come knockin'...

Mythbusters Episode and FMS Marco Leon Piloting 19 February 13th 07 05:45 AM
..and another hour... hellothere.adelphia.net Rotorcraft 7 October 7th 04 11:26 AM
Mythbusters and explosive decompression Casey Wilson Piloting 49 July 15th 04 05:56 PM
MythBusters Hilton Piloting 7 February 4th 04 03:30 AM
Mythbusters Explosive Decompression Experiment C J Campbell Piloting 49 January 16th 04 07:12 AM