Big Kahunas

Old December 6th 03, 03:22 PM
C J Campbell

"mike regish" wrote in message
news:gRkAb.315222$275.1065859@attbi_s53...
| You are so out of touch. Tell me. Bush keeps saying that war is a last
| resort. If he meant that, then why didn't he at least give the inspections
| chance.

Inspections were given a chance for more than 10 years. How much of a chance
did you want? Meanwhile, Hussein was murdering millions of his own people,
financing terrorist attacks all over the world, and continuing to threaten
his neighbors. I wonder how many people had to die before you thought action
was necessary?

However, my point stands. I find the constant anti-Bush, anti-American, off
topic postings from you, Hotze, Dighera and others to be every bit as vile
as you think my postings are. I don't think Hotze in particular has ever
posted on topic. You might want to think about that before you threaten to
plonk people that you consider to be "contemptuous, arrogant, and hateful."
Or even rich.

I did not start this thread. I did not post on it until the thread had been
running for several days. If I am offensive, it is deliberately so -- you
deserve it. If polite people remain silent while you keep up your constant
stream of poison, it is not because they agree with you. I am old and no
longer have any reason to be ashamed over anything. Somebody has to stand up
to hateful bullies like you. Whether you plonk me or not, I will continue to
do so.

Old December 6th 03, 03:59 PM
C J Campbell

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
| It made me furious during the Clinton administration, as well. People
| don't seem to understand that *we* elected him. Whether one's
| individual vote was for the guy or not, *we*, collectively, elected
| these officials.

I have a genuine concern that this country has become so polarized
politically that we are on the brink of civil war.

Old December 6th 03, 05:17 PM
Larry Dighera

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:59:14 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote in Message-Id:
:

we are on the brink of civil war

I believe you have hit upon the current administration's belief also.

Old December 6th 03, 05:21 PM
Larry Dighera

On 04 Dec 2003 17:04:07 -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote
in Message-Id: :

In your view, what were his REAL motives for ousting Saddam?

Probably large[ly] to one-up his father.

One is able to hypothesize many pragmatic reasons for baby Bush's
military action, but his daddy got him elected. And his daddy was
roundly faulted for failing to remove Sadam from power in '91, so
among other more rational reasons, baby Bush's desire to help his
father belatedly save face, and avenge the attempt on his father's
life must have been significant motives, as would have been the desire
to repay his benefactor(s).

(One can only hope his religious beliefs were insignificant in there
effect on his decisions.)
Old December 6th 03, 05:27 PM
mike regish

Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable. Look in the mirror sometime. And take
the blinders off.

BTW, how disappointed were you when no weapons were found? How disappointed
were you when the link to 9/11 was disproved? How disappointed were you when
the "yellowcake" scam was debunked? How disappointed were you when the
Iraqis didn't welcome us with open arms? How many young American lives do we
have to lose before you accept the truth?

You just can't get over that disagreeing with the administration is being
more American than blind faith, can you? You can't get away from that "We
needed to save the Iraqis" crap since you don't have any other legs to stand
on, can you?

You may just be getting senile. You're to be pitied more than despised.

mike regish

Old December 6th 03, 05:29 PM
mike regish

Um, he was appointed. I watched the whole thing.

mike regish

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
It made me furious during the Clinton administration, as well. People
don't seem to understand that *we* elected him. Whether one's
individual vote was for the guy or not, *we*, collectively, elected
these officials.

Jeff...

Dan Luke wrote:
"C J Campbell" wrote:

Now, I will tell you what I think is contemptuous, hateful, and
outright arrogant: the anti-Bush clowns who can't stand the
thought that the man could possibly do anything right. They
are absolutely foaming at the mouth over it.

One is reminded of exactly the same phenomenon during the Clinton
administration.

I have made it plain in these newsgroups that I am disappointed in
Bush's presidency, particularly his decision to invade Iraq, which I
believe is a strategic blunder in the war on terrorism. Nevertheless,
the shrieking chorus of Bush haters disturbs me. It reveals the power of
hateful propaganda, both left- and right-wing, in America nowadays.
People aren't thinking; they are allowing themselves to be led.

Old December 6th 03, 05:31 PM
Earl Grieda

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"mike regish" wrote in message
| You are so out of touch. Tell me. Bush keeps saying that war is a last
| resort. If he meant that, then why didn't he at least give the

inspections
| a chance.

Inspections were given a chance for more than 10 years. How much of a

chance
did you want? Meanwhile, Hussein was murdering millions of his own people,
financing terrorist attacks all over the world, and continuing to threaten
his neighbors. I wonder how many people had to die before you thought

action
was necessary?

Since when has "murdering millions of his own people" become a justification
for pre-emptive military invasion by the United States? This has occurred
throughout the world, but only in Iraq is it being used as an excuse to
justify the American invasion. In fact, it was not until it became apparent
to the world that there were no WMDs, and no terrorists, that this excuse
started to become popular. Ironically, Iraq is now becoming a terrorist
haven.

Where is the evidence that Hussein was "financing terrorist attacks all over
the world"? This is another conservative exaggeration or fabrication.

Bush was right-on in regard to Afganishtan and he deserves credit for that
action. However, quite simply, there is, and was, no justification for the
military invasion of Iraq by the US. It was done soley to appease the
conservative Chicken Hawks in the Bush adminstration. Bush and Cheny need
to be impeached, tried, and imprisoned for this crime. That our military is
dying due to the incompetence of Bush is criminal.

Nor, to keep on topic for this thread, was sneaking into Iraq and sneaking
out 2 hours later a sign that the president has balls. I think it did have
a minor, temporary boost to troop morale, but was soon forgotten. Although
I am not a Hillary fan, it is apparent the she has more balls than Bush by
her going to Afganishtan.

[...]

Perhaps you consider yourself polite but you come across as a grumpy old
man. Your uncalled for insult of the Europeans a few days ago is a good
example of your mean spiritness. Also, I love the way that conservatives
equate opposistion to the Iraq war as being anti-American. If you can't win
with the facts then call those who disagree with you traitors.

Old December 6th 03, 06:08 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:27:03 GMT, mike regish wrote:

How many young American lives do we
have to lose before you accept the truth?

http://www.iraqbodycount.net/

#m

--
http://www.declareyourself.com/fyr_candidates.php
http://www.subterrane.com/bush.shtml
Old December 6th 03, 06:15 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:31:25 GMT, "Earl Grieda"
wrote:

Where is the evidence that Hussein was "financing terrorist attacks all over
the world"? This is another conservative exaggeration or fabrication.

I don't have direct links handy (use Google), but IMHO Hussein himself said
something like handing out money to the 9/11 terrorist'S families, or to
terrorists in Israel. For sure, Hussein is/was no Saint. I agree on that.
Fully.

#m

Old December 6th 03, 06:25 PM
R. Hubbell

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 07:59:14 -0800 "C J Campbell" wrote:

"Jeffrey Voight" wrote in message
| It made me furious during the Clinton administration, as well. People
| don't seem to understand that *we* elected him. Whether one's
| individual vote was for the guy or not, *we*, collectively, elected
| these officials.

I have a genuine concern that this country has become so polarized
politically that we are on the brink of civil war.

I don't think there's enough polarization for that. Most people are
hopelessly apathetic. Look at the percentage of people that register
to vote. Look at the percentage of registered voters that vote.
Look at the recent debacle in California. Voters coerced into voting for
a guy who they think can fix all their troubles since he was able to do so
in his movies. And on and on. I just don't think there are anywhere
near enough people with the kind of fervor required to take up arms against
each other.

R. Hubbell