cat and duck

Old November 6th 04, 10:00 PM
Jerry J. Wass

Also pernounced Wallah !!

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 10:58:34 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

It is also possible to use a cat as an emergency alternator/generator. It is a
well known fact that a cat will always land feet-down. It is also true that a
piece of buttered bread will land butter side down. Simply strap a piece of
buttered bread to the cat's back, put a couple of magnets on the sides of the
straps, and drop the cat into the center of a coil of wire.

Viola, spinning cat-bread generates a voltage.

Jim

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Viola

1. A stringed instrument of the violin family, slightly larger than
a violin, tuned a fifth lower, and having a deeper, more sonorous
tone.
2. An organ stop usually of eight-foot or four-foot pitch yielding
stringlike tones.

--------------

Voila

Used to call attention to or express satisfaction with a thing shown
or accomplished

Barnyard BOb - old phart ballbuster and pain in the ass g

Old November 6th 04, 11:55 PM
Barnyard BOb -

Barnyard BOb - wrote:

[...]

---------------------

"Jerry J. Wass" wrote:

Also pernounced Wallah !!

Also PROnounced.....

' wa-la'

Barnyard BOb --

Old November 7th 04, 12:47 AM
Barnyard BOb -

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 19:36:06 -0800, Jim Weir wrote:

Dick Steel
Jesus, I know the difference between viola and voila (grave missing from my
character set).

Can't you let a humorous intentional misspelling slide by? Do I have to put a
funny face (I'd like one for up-yours, but it hasn't been invented yet -- how
about oo|oo ) by all my little peccadillos?

Sheesh.

Jim

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jim,

To give you an idea how "thick" some folks are....
Even when I boldly display the symbol "g",
certain folks are blind when I parry with equally
subtle.... or not to subtle humor.

Sheesh.

Barnyard BOb -- oo|oo

Old November 7th 04, 12:59 AM
Barnyard BOb -

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:24:01 -0800, Ed Sullivan
wrote:

Dick Steel
Jesus, I know the difference between viola and voila (grave missing from my
character set).

Can't you let a humorous intentional misspelling slide by? Do I have to put a
funny face (I'd like one for up-yours, but it hasn't been invented yet -- how
about oo|oo ) by all my little peccadillos?

Sheesh.

Jim

What are you going to do? He's our resident pedantic ass!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yeah....

That Dick Steel is a no good arking corksoaker.
Let's lynch him. snicker

P.S.
I thought you were dead, Ed.

Barnyard BOb - oo|oo - no more happy face

Old November 7th 04, 01:03 AM
Barnyard BOb -

subtle.... or not to subtle humor.

....... or not TOO subtle humor.

Barnyard BOb -- oo|oo

Old November 7th 04, 11:20 PM
bryan chaisone

Dave S wrote in message link.net...
Richard Bennett wrote:

The Cat and Duck Method of Instrument Flying

Here is the Duck method taken a step further..

http://centercomp.com/cgi-bin/dc3/gallery?14511

Dave

Wow Dave, I'm impressed.

Bryan
Old November 12th 04, 10:28 PM
Robert Bonomi

In article ,
Bob Hoover wrote:
Viola, spinning cat-bread generates a voltage.

Jim

Dear Jim,

You've confused the the aviation term with the French word.

The proper spelling is 'wah-la' even though it is pronounced the same:

However, when cats are involved, for correct usage the term is doubled,
always followed by an automatic feline activity, and a geographic reference,
e.g., "Walla Walla Wash and Kalamazoo!"

Tis fast approaching the season to "Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie".
Old November 13th 04, 03:21 AM
Roger

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:28:22 +0000,
(Robert Bonomi) wrote:

In article ,
Bob Hoover wrote:
Viola, spinning cat-bread generates a voltage.

Jim

Dear Jim,

You've confused the the aviation term with the French word.

The proper spelling is 'wah-la' even though it is pronounced the same:

I always thought John Wayne said Wahhhh hahhhh

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com