Jackson Hole TFR

Old August 18th 06, 07:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

Default Jackson Hole TFR

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:51:30 -0600, Newps wrote:
The TFR is officially based on the lat/lon's given. The VOR radial/DME
is the plain english version.

You call that *plain English*? grin

Come on folks, we're not in the teletype days anymore, you don't have
to write everything in all caps... Multiple paragraphs might be nice
also...

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_6_6761.html

Definitely more readable...

I gave up punch cards a *long* time ago... I don't need to read things
in all caps anymore...
Old August 18th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

The interesting thing to me is that these TFR's seemingly have never
blocked a law firm from meeting their client, or cost a corporation a
contract because their representative was blocked out by a TFR...
I have been waiting for that day when a law firm with the means and the
will gets shut out and decides to sue the FAA/DOT/HSA for damages... A
federal judge has just ruled that the President constitutionally does
not have the right to wire tap the citizenry without court approval and
ordered him to stop... (hint to law firm: that might just be the court
to sue in) My belief is that the uncompensated taking of public
airspace every time some elected scumbag decides to go somewhere is not
sustainable if challenged by someone with the ability to fight it all
the way to the Brethern... Same argument on permanent temporary flight
restrictions...

denny

Old August 17th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

And why can't the notam read this way. You know plain english for the great
unwashed. Sort of the same with fire season TFR's perhaps in addition to the
usual vor radial point and diameter they could provide a "plain english"
translation. And by the way given the known accuracy of vor radials and DME
measurements just how "accurate" are these TRF's.

Howard

Pilots are expected to be able to read and decipher METAR, TAF, and
NOTAM text, including reading the details about times that they are in
effect, which is clearly posted in the NOTAM.

The best way to deal with these NOTAMs is to grab a piece of paper, and
write down the pertinent information (such as the dates and times that
it is in effect) in a way that makes sense to you. Note that they are
going the extra mile in these NOTAMs now and publishing local times as
well as Zulu to make it easier on you... If you do this, you will
make yourself actually read the thing thoroughly enough to really
understand what it is saying.

Dean

Old August 21st 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Well, we flew in. What a spectacular flight once you hit western South
Dakota, flew just south of Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Big Horn
mtns in WY, and then over the mountains in the Bridger-Teton national
forest northeast of Jackson Hole.
The fire TFR east of Jackson Hole ended up causing us more of a
headache (or was it the hypoxia...?) then Cheney's TFR.
The TFR for the airport is truly for when he comes and goes, so that
didn't affect us fortunately. And sure enough, there was a very
official looking 737-800 sitting on the ramp with lots of bored looking
security staff hanging about.

Lots of turbines (parked two deep on the ramp). Not so much piston, but
parked next to us was a Taylorcraft! I'd prefer not to be in that on a
hot day lumbering out of that valley.
The FBO folks were still very cordial despite our lack of turbines.

Thanks for all the responses.

Ryan in Madison (well, not right now)

Old August 22nd 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Welcome to the "HOLE". Just east of where you are tied down is a
hangar with 3 of the nicest P-51's you will ever see. I am in the big
hangar just to the north. If you are laying in bed at to condo and hear
what you think is a race car don't freak out, it's just me flying my
experimental powered by a Ford V-8. I try to get up every mornin and
roust the tourists...G

PS. The guys at Jackson Hole Aviation are great people, they don't care
if you flew in by a G-V or a Cub, everyone gets the down home western
hospitality...

Ben
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

Old August 23rd 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack[_1_]

wrote)
"HE" should be leaving tomorrow in his usual 757 ride so the TFR should be
history for a few more weeks til he comes home again. What part of town is
your condo in????\\

Just guessing..."The nice part."

Montblack :-)