Big Kahunas

Old December 7th 03, 03:47 PM
Rosspilot

In this "War on Terror" (idiotic concept to begin with) how are we ever

going
to know when we've "prevailed"?

When there are no more suicidal zealots?

I think "victory", in this case, can only be defined as "waging war
elsewhere". In other words, as long as the War on Terror is NOT being
fought in this country, we win.

Thus, by that definition, we are winning.

As soon as there is another September 11th attack, however, we lose another
battle.

And so it shall go... :-(
--

:-( indeed . . . because that means we are going to have to get used to a
stream of Americans (our children) coming home dead, or maimed, crippled,

www.Rosspilot.com

Old December 7th 03, 04:29 PM
Wdtabor

I think "victory", in this case, can only be defined as "waging war
elsewhere". In other words, as long as the War on Terror is NOT being
fought in this country, we win.

Thus, by that definition, we are winning.

As soon as there is another September 11th attack, however, we lose another
battle.

And so it shall go... :-(

Sadly, I think we have to expect another attack on our soil, either another big
one or a number of smaller ones, late next summer.

Our enemies have been promised a 'better deal' if Bush is not re-elected and we
should expect a maximum effort on their part to wage successful attacks in
hopes of influencing the election against him.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 7th 03, 04:33 PM
Wdtabor

:-( indeed . . . because that means we are going to have to get used to a
stream of Americans (our children) coming home dead, or maimed, crippled,
psychologically scarred, and otherwise irreparably damaged. It means we are
at
*perpetual* war. Who is the first White House aspirant (or occupant) who
will
say that?

Bush did warn us this would be a long war, one that would last well beyond his
term in office. Perhaps beyond our generation's time.

But it need not be perpetual if the rule of law and capitalism can be
successfully instilled in the middle east. Thugs do not prosper under the rule
of law, at least when the rule of law applies to the government as well as the
people, and capitalists do not slaughter their customers.

Don

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 7th 03, 04:37 PM
Rosspilot

Our enemies have been promised a 'better deal' if Bush is not re-elected

Could you elaborate on this? Are you just assuming this or are you aware of
communication between "our enemies" and any candidate? And just who again are
our "enemies"?

www.Rosspilot.com

Old December 7th 03, 04:58 PM
Wdtabor

Our enemies have been promised a 'better deal' if Bush is not re-elected

Could you elaborate on this? Are you just assuming this or are you aware of
communication between "our enemies" and any candidate? And just who again
are
our "enemies"?

I am not alledging any 'secret deals' or anything like that. However, the
PUBLIC statements of several of the dwarves suggesting administration of Iraq
should be turned over to the UN are sufficient reason for the Islamofascists to
prefer one of them be in office, since the UN had already proved it would not
stand up against terrorism, anti-semitism, or Islamofascist aggression in any
of a dozen places in Africa and Asia where Islamofascists are subjecting other
religous groups to subjugation under Sharia and even genocide.

Our enemies are the Islamofascists. They are significant political factions in
many Moslem countries.

--
Wm. Donald (Don) Tabor Jr., DDS
PP-ASEL
Old December 7th 03, 06:43 PM
Martin Hotze

On 07 Dec 2003 16:58:39 GMT, Wdtabor wrote:

Our enemies are the Islamofascists. They are significant political factions in
many Moslem countries.

Oh. This sounds like the arguments from "the other side": "America is our
enemy! Down with capitalism and their bigot way of life."

_*BOTH*_ having such viewpoints will hardly lead to a working solution.

#m

--
http://www.declareyourself.com/fyr_candidates.php
http://www.subterrane.com/bush.shtml
Old December 8th 03, 01:57 AM
Tom

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

[...]

The war against terrorism is much the same war that humans have conducted
against tyrants, and their lust for power, for millennia.

Short of humans losing that "lust for power" trait, nothing will change
significantly. In much the same sense, the battle against crime (real crime,
not the made up stuff) will never abate.

Old December 8th 03, 01:57 AM
Tom

"Rosspilot" wrote in message

Our enemies have been promised a 'better deal' if Bush is not re-elected

Could you elaborate on this? Are you just assuming this or are you aware

of
communication between "our enemies" and any candidate? And just who again

are
our "enemies"?

Are those enemies the foreign variety, or the domestic variety?

Old December 8th 03, 03:27 AM
Jay Honeck

Um, he was appointed. I watched the whole thing.

Ah, Mike. Once again I must pull out the Big Guns....

Read it and weep...

http://mwhodges.home.att.net/usmap-large.gif
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 8th 03, 05:02 AM
R. Hubbell

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 20:07:54 GMT Martin Hotze wrote:

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 10:25:44 -0800, R. Hubbell wrote:

I don't think there's enough polarization for that.

while we are at it: this one just came in on a mailinglist:

http://www.google.com/search?q=miserable+failure

That's clever, I guess the ranking system is working properly.

R. Hubbell

*hihi*

martin