$640.00 to fill the tanks...

Old August 21st 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks...

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Newps" wrote in message

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

You must remember that Aug 22 is the end of the world so all of this
really doesn't matter.

Well good, my annual is due by Aug 31st. You just saved me some money.

Glad I could help. Just so you know my source is no less than the Wall
Street Journal.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008768

You know it's already the 22nd in Iran and Israel....
Old August 22nd 06, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Gig 601XL Builder wrote:
"Newps" wrote in message

Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

You must remember that Aug 22 is the end of the world so all of this
really doesn't matter.
Well good, my annual is due by Aug 31st. You just saved me some money.

Glad I could help. Just so you know my source is no less than the Wall
Street Journal.

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008768

You know it's already the 22nd in Iran and Israel....

It wasn't when I posted it at 10 something AM CDT on the 21st.

But now that it is I think we can rest assured that Iran does not have a
Nuclear capable missile that can reach Israel... Yet.

Old August 22nd 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Richthoven

Iran has tested missiles that indeed can and will reach Israel.
The religious implications of Aug 22 2006 for Islam occurs at night.
Just like the 4th of July for Americans. If there is going to be a
brilliant light over Israel, it will most likely occur at night.

Iran just attacked and seized an oil rig in their waters. I think the
idea of malicious intent was just elevated. At this point I feel it
might be better to employ the "better safe then sorry" idea. Im going
to fill up many containers full of water. As for food and weapons, ill
wait till the next move to panic. But one should never take water for
granted.

Old August 22nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Richthoven" wrote in message
oups.com...
Iran has tested missiles that indeed can and will reach Israel.
The religious implications of Aug 22 2006 for Islam occurs at night.
Just like the 4th of July for Americans. If there is going to be a
brilliant light over Israel, it will most likely occur at night.

You do realize that us USAians shoot our 4th of July fireworks at night only
because they are easier to see then?

Add to that they have already used up most of their Aug 22nd darkness.

Old August 25th 06, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-08-21, Grumman-581 wrote:
On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:51:35 -0700, "Jay Beckman"
wrote:
Cite !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_time
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_2038_problem

Of course, certain actions might allow us to prolong the end of the
world until 06:28:15 GMT Feb 7th, 2106, but I would still expect
significant problems in 2038...

And unlike the Y2K problem, because 2038 isn't some sexy, scary new year
like 2000 was, it will almost certainly be ignored until it's too late.
Hopefully there will be few 32-bit systems with that problem still
running that will matter by then.

Old August 25th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2006-08-20, Roger wrote:
On 16 Aug 2006 06:49:18 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:
Imagine! $640 to go fly! This *might* explain why there are only 9
registered Cherokee 235s in all of Britain, no?

No.

Then you have the costs of your flight briefing, ATC useage fees,
Landing fees, and a very restrictive system on top of the $640.

Cost of the flight briefing in Britain: 0 (use www.ais.org.uk for NOTAMS
and complete IFR approach plates/airport diagrams/text information).

I can also talk to a real weather forecaster for free for aviation
briefings. I have a local telephone number for the forecaster at
Ronaldsway Met.

Cost of the ATC usage fees in Britain for a Cherokee 235: 0

Landing fees: Depends where you're going, but definitely nonzero. Most
GA fields GBP5 to GBP10 for a single, more to much more for a large
commercial field.

The system isn't particularly restrictive (certainly not for VFR).
Things you might hear about mandatory flight plans are fiction. A flight
plan is only required if you're crossing an FIR boundary (i.e.
international flight). It's not as free as the US though, but having
flown extensively in both systems, although the US system is far
prefereable, I don't find the UK particularly restrictive when going to
and from various GA airfields.

However, new and annoying things are afoot, such as mandatory Mode-S
transponders on anything that flies (this is being actively resisted by
the gliding and hang gliding community as it's pointless and will reduce
safety).

Old August 25th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

Default $640.00 to fill the tanks... OT medical costs

On 2006-08-19, Matt Whiting wrote:
I trust you'll start with the man in the mirror. :-)

No, you only have to start off with having no kids really. That way no
violence is needed.

Old August 25th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 11:54:48 -0000, Dylan Smith
wrote:
And unlike the Y2K problem, because 2038 isn't some sexy, scary new year
like 2000 was, it will almost certainly be ignored until it's too late.
Hopefully there will be few 32-bit systems with that problem still
running that will matter by then.

I'm hoping that there will be a lot of them so that I can come out of
retirement and make big bucks on contracts like some of the COBOL
programmers did under Y2K... evil-grin
Old August 26th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Grumman-581 wrote:

I'm hoping that there will be a lot of them so that I can come out of
retirement and make big bucks on contracts like some of the COBOL
programmers did under Y2K... evil-grin

Man, I could have, but really couldn't stand to do COBOL...

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old August 26th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith

And unlike the Y2K problem, because 2038 isn't some sexy, scary new year
like 2000 was, it will almost certainly be ignored until it's too late.
Hopefully there will be few 32-bit systems with that problem still
running that will matter by then.

I'm hoping that there will be a lot of them so that I can come out of
retirement and make big bucks on contracts like some of the COBOL
programmers did under Y2K... evil-grin

The company my wife works for contracts programmers from India.
They are the only ones who still do COBOL, which is what the company
still runs.