$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 29th 07, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Matt Whiting schrieb:

Are you required to use an ISP in your country of residence?

hu?

Matt

besides, I am ISP myself (but not at my home access)

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old May 29th 07, 09:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Jim Logajan schrieb:

So although Martin will not volunteer his postal address on the net, he is
hardly looking to make himself invisible.

you found my business address.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old May 29th 07, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Jim Carter schrieb:

This may not be important to you Martin, but how about the freedom of
interstate travel without having to show papers identifying yourself? I

what have you to do when traveling from state to state (not from AZ to
CA), but from the USA to Canada or Mexico? In different scales this
would be like tracelling from Salzburg to Tirol (both are states [with
less rights than your states; ours are more counties, IMHO]. For su
your nation is way bigger than ours, but we can travel in different
sovereign countries (!) without showing a passport.

realize that the United States is far greater in land mass than your
country, but given the tendency for the European politicos to promote a
United Europe, I find the border crossings still quite interesting.

the European Union consists of sovereign nations.

You do happen to live in one of the more progressive nation states in
Europe, but that crap about being neutral is wearing very thin. Neutrality
is just another word for "too damn self-centered" to get involved in global
politics or to give a damn about other human beings outside your borders who
are badly treated.

I find it interesting that neutrality usually ends at your front gate.

Given our history and the development from after the end of WWII I
strongly believe that this was the only way to regain our nation.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old May 29th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Jose schrieb:

but given the tendency for the European politicos to promote a
United Europe, I find the border crossings still quite interesting.

In all fairness, Europe is made up of different =countries=. The United
States is all one country. I expect border crossing between Spain and
Portugal to be different than from Connecticut to Rhode Island.

but the good thing is that there is almost no difference.

Jose

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old May 29th 07, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Matt Whiting wrote:

be construed as threatening. Boxing in his car is just not a good idea.
You should have pulled well past and then waited.

that's exactly what the officer explained. I got it now. :-)

--Sylvain
Old May 29th 07, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message
news

"Chris" wrote in message

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
chris wrote:
On May 28, 8:58 am, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message

Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???

It must suck to be in your country and be defenseless against criminals.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than being killed by a gun
where I live. The UK had 58 deaths from guns in 2005/6, 25 from handguns
in a population of 60m.

I thought you said you had such strict gun control - how did you manage 58
killed?

BTW, you might know that the manner in which the UK keeps statistics is a
downright fraud.

Explain how the statistics are a fraud. Is it because you lost the argument?
Only handguns are banned in the UK. Shotguns and rifles are licenced. Air
guns are also legal.

As for Switzerland, they don't go out and murder people, they just commit
suicide at about the same rate as the US. It might be to do with the
proximity of a weapon.

Anyway, the US people kill as many in two days with firearms as are killed
with firearms in three years in the UK .

Gun deaths per 100,000 population (for the year indicated):
Homicide Suicide
Unintentional

USA 4.08 (1999) 6.08 (1999) 0.42
(1999)

Canada 0.54 (1999) 2.65 (1997) 0.15
(1997)

Switzerland 0.50 (1999) 5.78 (1998) -

Scotland 0.12 (1999) 0.27 (1999) -

England/Wales 0.12 (1999/00) 0.22 (1999) 0.01 (1999)

Japan 0.04* (1998) 0.04 (1995) 0.01
(1997)

(Source: Harvard Research Center)

STATISTICS ON POLICE USE OF FIREARMS 2005/2006 IN ENGLAND AND WALES

The statistics for 1 April 2005 to 31 March 2006 show that the number of
police operations in which firearms were authorised was 18,891.

The Police discharged a conventional firearm in 9 incidents. In addition,
the Police discharged baton rounds or AEP in 14 incidents and fired Taser in
89 incidents.

There are a total of 6584 authorised firearm officers in England and Wales.
There are 43 police forces in England and Wales comprising 140,563 full-time
equivalent police officers and a 10,988-strong special constabulary of
part-time volunteers.

Old May 29th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

chris wrote:
On May 28, 8:58 am, "Maxwell" wrote:
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message

Maybe that's why our police don't kill people half as often - there's
almost no chance the guy behind the wheel has a gun, so no need to
shoot him if he comes at you???
It must suck to be in your country and be defenseless against criminals.

I have a better chance of winning the lottery than being killed by a gun
where I live. The UK had 58 deaths from guns in 2005/6, 25 from handguns
in a population of 60m.

Using this forum's normal measure of extrapolation based on population
size (usually done in respect of pilot certificates etc) we might expect
the US death rate to be about 5 times greater at about 290 deaths in the
year.

But then with guns making everyone so safe perhaps that should reduce by
half the number of deaths to 185.

The US by contrast saw 29,569 people killed by gunfire in 2004, a
staggering 81/day. (Source: Centre for Disease Control) (sic). Certainly
a statistic to be proud of?

With those odds perhaps everyone should be armed.

Go figure.

Yes, the US is a little higher than the UK, but not that far apart on the
world scale. And the UK is quite a bit higher that Switzerland where I
understand a rather large percentage of the population is armed. Go
figure.

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...ers-per-capita

And this map shows the UK as 6th in the world overall in crime rates. I'll
admit to being surprised that the US isn't on this list.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/world-top...ime-rates.html

The US is on this list, but the UK is now 3rd in the world. So, tell me
again how great things are in the UK...

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...e-total-crimes

I lived and worked in the UK for several months. How long have you lived
and worked in the US? Personally, I found the UK a nice place to visit,
but I definitely wouldn't want to live there. Taxed to death, regulated
to death, etc. I guess once you become beaten down and used to servitude,
maybe folks stop resisting. The American ethic is simply different in
this regard.

Ditto with the US - just a bunch of wingers with every man for themselves.

Old May 29th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
kontiki wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:

The U.K. has more crimes per capita than the U.S.!
And New Zealand has the second highest rate in the world!

Interesting. I have heard reports that crime rates have gone
up considerably in the UK since they have enacted a virtual
total gun ban.

This was not suprising, of coursem, since I am aware that
Washington DC has one of the highest crime rates of any
city in America and it has a total ban on firearms.

Yes, this is often the case, but not always. Obviously, crime is a
complicated issue and isn't affected by any one thing. Crime in Japan is
relatively low also, but I read an interesting article a few years back
concerning their police "interrogation" techniques. It explained why they
have a very high rate of "confessions" and a low crime rate. When the
police use tactics such as that, even innocent people confess as that is
easier than suffering further "interrogation."

Is that why the Governor of Illinois stopped the death row because of the
number of miscarriages of justice and the risk of innocent people being
murdered by the state.

Old May 29th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

Jim Logajan wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:
The US is on this list, but the UK is now 3rd in the world. So, tell
me again how great things are in the UK...

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...e-total-crimes

Matt, this graph provides a better view since it is normalized per
capita:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...mes-per-capita

The U.K. has more crimes per capita than the U.S.!
And New Zealand has the second highest rate in the world!

Thanks, Jim, that is a much better representation. OK, Chris, your turn.
:-)

Sure we have a lot of petty crime but on the subject violent crimes against
the person and of guns and homicides I am happy to use your statistics which
show a murder rate in the US considerably higher than the UK with a murder
rate by firearms higher by a not inconsiderable factor of 22.2 times . For
rapes the US beats us by a more modest factor of two as with drug crimes.

UK

Murders (per capita): 0.0140633 per 1,000 people
Murders with firearms: 62
Murders with firearms (per capita): 0.00102579 per 1,000 people

US

Murders (per capita): 0.042802 per 1,000 people
Murders with firearms: 8,259
Murders with firearms (per capita): 0.0279271 per 1,000 people

So I don't get your point. are you really saying that the US is a
safer place for people?

Old May 29th 07, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Chris

"Jim Carter" wrote in message
et...
"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 May 2007 23:32:08 GMT, kontiki wrote:

Can you travel to Cuba? *g*

Oh I can't wait for my chance to visit the 'workers paradise'.

but are you *FREE* to go there?

Do I like that we've had this stupic embargo with Cuba all these
years? No... but have I wanted to go there? No. There are many
other countries in the Caribbean with better facilities to visit.

I agree, but still: my point stays. And you haven't said a word about
what
freedoms we're missing. Cuba was really just a (funny) sidenote.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist. http://www.casualdisobedience.com/

This may not be important to you Martin, but how about the freedom of
interstate travel without having to show papers identifying yourself? I
realize that the United States is far greater in land mass than your
country, but given the tendency for the European politicos to promote a
United Europe, I find the border crossings still quite interesting.

I'm not that familiar with your culture as you are similarly not that
familiar with mine, so I'm sure there are freedoms or rights that both of
us are overlooking.

You do happen to live in one of the more progressive nation states in
Europe, but that crap about being neutral is wearing very thin. Neutrality
is just another word for "too damn self-centered" to get involved in
global politics or to give a damn about other human beings outside your
borders who are badly treated.

I find it interesting that neutrality usually ends at your front gate.

Come off it. The majority of Americans know nothing of what's going on
outside their borders -hell only about 10% have a passport. How much foreign
news is there in the average American newspaper? Naff all.

This crap about human beings being treated badly outside the borders is just
that. If there are US interests at stake like oil (Iraq) then you are
interested in human rights. If It in the US interest not to care they don't
(Chile - Pinochet). What about the human rights then.

You guys - you just kill me with the one eyed view of the world. The only
thing the US cares about is its own interests and that has been the bye word
of its foreign policy. Give us a break from the bull**** on spreading
democracy and freedom.

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM