How much longer?

Old April 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default How much longer?

Stefan wrote in news:77e24$47ffcc7a$54497ef5
:

Jay Honeck schrieb:

I'm curious how they are getting 110 volts for your outlets. I

thought
that was unattainable with current (sorry!) technology.

I don't know about the state of technology in the USA, but here in
Europe I've had a 220V inverter in my car 20 years ago, and it wasn't
exactly cutting edge technology then. Oh, and the artificial horizon I
have in my glider (yes, for cloud flying) runs on 3x115V 400Hz
three-phase AC, powered by the 12V battery pack.

The hilarious part of your post is that you think you're qualified to
comment about scientific and technologic research while you don't even
have the dimmest idea of such really basic stuff. As much as I detest
the posts of Bertie, he is right when he says that you don't have a

clue.

Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Bertie

Old April 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stefan

gatt schrieb:

Thanks for the correction. Still, it's better then what the entire
United States of America has developed to date. Was a time when
Americans looked at what Germany did and said "We can do it better."

Wasn't it: "Our Germans are better than their Germans"? :-)
Old April 11th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

gatt wrote in news:sOWdnaMwC-
0AVmLanZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d@integraonline:

Martin Hotze wrote:
gatt schrieb:
Germany has turned solar-cell development into a national project
similar to (...)

uhm, I wouldn't call it a national project, but it is recognised as a
serious industry.

Thanks for the correction. Still, it's better then what the entire
United States of America has developed to date. Was a time when
Americans looked at what Germany did and said "We can do it better."

I can't think of many instances where that's happened. In the motor
industry, for instance, what German car is the basis for something
America did better? Mind you, Germans aren't too good at copying things
and making a sucess of them either. I get to see German MTV, for
instance. holy ****.

Bertie
Old April 11th 08, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
I'm curious how they are getting 110 volts for your outlets. I
thought that was unattainable with current (sorry!) technology.

Go to www.amazon.com and enter "inverter" in their search field. You
should
see dozens of products that plug into an automobile lighter outlet and
convert 12V DC to 110V AC (some up to 700 W). I have one in my car for use
on long trips (e.g. to recharge camera batteries, etc.) Most under $50.

Be very careful what you plug into these things. They are not true sine
wave, and are unregulated, and WILL fry things like cordless tool battery
chargers. DAMHIKT.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 11th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_3_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
\
Thanks for the correction. Still, it's better then what the entire
United States of America has developed to date. Was a time when
Americans looked at what Germany did and said "We can do it better."

I can't think of many instances where that's happened. In the motor
industry, for instance, what German car is the basis for something
America did better?

Ah, I was thinking of that dip**** nazi-wannabe over in r.a.m. and was
thinking of the P-51 Mustang. My dad's Porsche was a real P.O.S., but,
man, what a ride!

Mind you, Germans aren't too good at copying things
and making a sucess of them either. I get to see German MTV, for
instance. holy ****.

LOL! I've experienced that myself. I never thought I'd see afro-German
gansta-rap. WTF?!

"And now it's time for another episode of Germany's Most Distuuuurbing
Home Videos" -Dieter/Sprockets
Old April 11th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 20:10:05 +0200 (CEST), Nomen Nescio wrote:

Perhaps you can educate me on a concept that I just don't understand.
Why do idiots, such as MX and yourself, take such pride in being idiots?

You mean you can't even understand concepts you make up yourself?

How sad is that?
Old April 11th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Blueskies

Jay Honeck schrieb:

I'm curious how they are getting 110 volts for your outlets. I

thought
that was unattainable with current (sorry!) technology.

I don't know about the state of technology in the USA, but here in
Europe I've had a 220V inverter in my car 20 years ago, and it wasn't
exactly cutting edge technology then. Oh, and the artificial horizon I
have in my glider (yes, for cloud flying) runs on 3x115V 400Hz
three-phase AC, powered by the 12V battery pack.

The hilarious part of your post is that you think you're qualified to
comment about scientific and technologic research while you don't even
have the dimmest idea of such really basic stuff. As much as I detest
the posts of Bertie, he is right when he says that you don't have a

clue.

Awww, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

Bertie

It's that 400 hz rush?

Old April 12th 08, 01:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Blueskies" wrote in
:

Jay Honeck schrieb:

[...]

Uh, OK. That what you get when you stick your fingers behind the panel?

Bertie
Old April 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

gatt wrote in
news:4sGdnffb6uiuRWLanZ2dnUVZ_vumnZ2d@integraonlin e:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
\
Thanks for the correction. Still, it's better then what the entire
United States of America has developed to date. Was a time when
Americans looked at what Germany did and said "We can do it better."

I can't think of many instances where that's happened. In the motor
industry, for instance, what German car is the basis for something
America did better?

Ah, I was thinking of that dip**** nazi-wannabe over in r.a.m. and was
thinking of the P-51 Mustang. My dad's Porsche was a real P.O.S.,

but,
man, what a ride!

As compared to what, a Corvette? Last one of those I drove was like
driving an overpowered paddling pool.

Mind you, Germans aren't too good at copying things
and making a sucess of them either. I get to see German MTV, for
instance. holy ****.

LOL! I've experienced that myself. I never thought I'd see afro-

German
gansta-rap. WTF?!

"And now it's time for another episode of Germany's Most Distuuuurbing
Home Videos" -Dieter/Sprockets

They really are pretty scary....

Bertie
Old April 12th 08, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

gatt schrieb:

Daimler recently bought Freightliner. According to a friend there, all
Daimler managers will be receiving a new Mercedes. Either they're
crushing US vehicle makers or they're crazy. ('Course, they're Germans
so it could go either way. ; )

nah, it's a cheap (for them) way for binding them to the company and
make them show identification with the company. And it also let them
talk about their company at meetings: 'look, this Benz was for free
because I work for Freightliner'. And a Mercedes is still a prestige object.

-c

#m