$1500 Cash Reward

Old May 29th 07, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Chris schrieb:

You guys - you just kill me with the one eyed view of the world. The only
thing the US cares about is its own interests and that has been the bye word
of its foreign policy.

hopefully the do care about their interests (and not mine); we only
often enough don't have enough balls to say no or to oppose and stick to
our position (we have to blame our politicians for that, not theirs).

Give us a break from the bull**** on spreading
democracy and freedom.

From the viewpoint of an American this is all OK and they mostly don't
understand 'our' reaction.

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old May 29th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Maxwell writes:

Same with conceal carry. I never plan to use it, or put myself in
harms way. But just like a spare tire, if I every need it, it's very
reassuring to know I am qualified and licensed to have it.

Why do you want it concealed?

you;re an idiot.

Bertie
Old May 29th 07, 09:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

chris writes:

I understand that there are quite a few people in this country with
firearms - farmers, hunters, etc. We very very seldom hear of
shootings, certainly not deliberate ones.

France also has quite a few people with guns, at least in rural areas
where there is a justification for them, and yet gun violence is still
very rare compared to the United States. Hunters carry guns when
hunting (not at other times). Cops carry guns. Soldiers carry
(unloaded) guns. Target shooters carry guns. But nobody else does.

I also understand other
countries with similar numbers of guns per capita have a much worse
gun problem than us, so it must be a cultural thing...

Yes. In some cultures guns are familiar and accepted. In other
cultures they are considered repulsive, and very often they simply are
not thought of at all.

Certainly not in an airplane !!!! That's just bizarre, in my opinion

A terrorist might attempt to parachute into the cockpit from above.
Without a gun, how would you stop him?

Good grief.

Bertie
Old May 30th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Chris wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Jim Logajan wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:
The US is on this list, but the UK is now 3rd in the world. So, tell
me again how great things are in the UK...

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...e-total-crimes
Matt, this graph provides a better view since it is normalized per
capita:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...mes-per-capita

The U.K. has more crimes per capita than the U.S.!
And New Zealand has the second highest rate in the world!

Thanks, Jim, that is a much better representation. OK, Chris, your turn.
:-)

Sure we have a lot of petty crime but on the subject violent crimes against
the person and of guns and homicides I am happy to use your statistics which
show a murder rate in the US considerably higher than the UK with a murder
rate by firearms higher by a not inconsiderable factor of 22.2 times . For
rapes the US beats us by a more modest factor of two as with drug crimes.

UK

Murders (per capita): 0.0140633 per 1,000 people
Murders with firearms: 62
Murders with firearms (per capita): 0.00102579 per 1,000 people

US

Murders (per capita): 0.042802 per 1,000 people
Murders with firearms: 8,259
Murders with firearms (per capita): 0.0279271 per 1,000 people

So I don't get your point. are you really saying that the US is a
safer place for people?

It is safer for me as I'm armed.

Matt
Old May 30th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Chris wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

I lived and worked in the UK for several months. How long have you lived
and worked in the US? Personally, I found the UK a nice place to visit,
but I definitely wouldn't want to live there. Taxed to death, regulated
to death, etc. I guess once you become beaten down and used to servitude,
maybe folks stop resisting. The American ethic is simply different in
this regard.

Ditto with the US - just a bunch of wingers with every man for themselves.

You dodged the question. How much time have you spent in the US?

Ah, you DID answer ... the answer is no time at all. Now we understand
your ignorance.

Matt
Old May 30th 07, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dallas

On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:03:36 +0100, Chris wrote:

If there are US interests at stake like oil (Iraq)

Yeah... like Americans are running the Iraqi oil fields and pumping the
oil from them directly on to American tankers bound for the USA.

I wish we were stealing Iraqi oil, just to get something back for the half
trillion dollars we borrowed from China to spend on this war.

--
Dallas
Old May 30th 07, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
NW_Pilot

"Dallas" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:03:36 +0100, Chris wrote:

If there are US interests at stake like oil (Iraq)

Yeah... like Americans are running the Iraqi oil fields and pumping the
oil from them directly on to American tankers bound for the USA.

I wish we were stealing Iraqi oil, just to get something back for the half
trillion dollars we borrowed from China to spend on this war.

--
Dallas

And when our goverment don't pay China back they are going to Invade us!!!!!

Old May 30th 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"NW_Pilot" wrote:
And when our goverment don't pay China back they are going to Invade
us!!!!!

I'm prepared for that. We had Chinese stir fry for dinner.
Old May 30th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dallas" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:03:36 +0100, Chris wrote:

If there are US interests at stake like oil (Iraq)

Yeah... like Americans are running the Iraqi oil fields and pumping the
oil from them directly on to American tankers bound for the USA.

I wish we were stealing Iraqi oil, just to get something back for the half
trillion dollars we borrowed from China to spend on this war.

I thought our borrowing was for the welfae state, not Art. 1, Sec. 8
expenses (11% of the Federal Budget)?

Old May 30th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"NW_Pilot" wrote in message ...

"Dallas" wrote in message .. .
On Tue, 29 May 2007 20:03:36 +0100, Chris wrote:

If there are US interests at stake like oil (Iraq)

Yeah... like Americans are running the Iraqi oil fields and pumping the
oil from them directly on to American tankers bound for the USA.

I wish we were stealing Iraqi oil, just to get something back for the half
trillion dollars we borrowed from China to spend on this war.

--
Dallas

And when our goverment don't pay China back they are going to Invade us!!!!!

Actually, I think they will just not sell us any more cheap tools so we will not be able to finish building our
planes...

(aviation content, what a concept!)

Wanted Cambridge 1500 mount Andy Soaring 1 October 19th 05 12:33 AM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Home Built 3 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
HP-18 project flown 1500 hours with trailer Victor Bravo Soaring 2 April 1st 05 02:43 PM
Compaq Aero 1500 Cradle PENN2P Soaring 1 October 18th 04 06:04 PM
1500 K in Sierra Wave?? Gary Kemp Soaring 1 March 31st 04 05:26 AM