Run In With Mr. Edwards

Old August 25th 04, 01:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Just one question.

How will we know when it's over?

We'll know the same way we knew when Viet Nam was over -- we'll coldly turn
our backs on our Iraqi allies, and cut and run.

Hey, it worked in '72 - '73. We'll probably call it "Iraqi-ization"
(doesn't quite ring right, does it?), give 'em a bunch of weapons, and bail
out.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 04, 01:18 PM
Dave Stadt

"Michael 182" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And I guess that anyone who wasn't of age in the '60s, really shouldn't

say
ANYTHING about that whole screwed up decade, right?

Hey, I liked the 60's! At least what I remember of them...

Michael

If you weren't at the Chicago riots in '68 you are a nobody.

Old August 25th 04, 02:47 PM
Geoffrey Barnes

Hey, I was a post-Vatican II Catholic boy. No latin for me...

However, I CAN recite the entire Catholic Mass (circa 1964) verbatim, if
you'd like...

Hey, there are still a bunch of us attending Mass every Sunday using the
1963 Tridentine Missal. Everything in latin but the homily, lots of
incense, the priest with his back to the congregation, having to kneel to
receive communion, the whole nine yards. And the music is at least 100
times better, since the latin mass had nearly 2,000 years to filter out all
the bad compositions and stuck only with the stuff that was really, really
good.

Actually, for full disclosure, I haven't done the 1963 mass since I got to
Pittsburgh in 1999. We moved into the same neighborhood as the Cathedral,
and I just couldn't resist singing there, even if they do use the weak
(IMHO) Vatican II format to perform the liturgy.

---

Old August 25th 04, 03:24 PM
Don Tuite

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:00:13 -0700, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

I should also mention that I really don't remember that much of my high
school Latin, so if you go quoting any more Latin phrases don't assume that
I will understand them. :-)

Ohnay etsway.

Don
Old August 25th 04, 04:00 PM
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

newly freed public in Iraq

If your world has a freed public in Iraq, it is certainly very
different from mine.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 25th 04, 04:02 PM
Jay Honeck

http://www.techcentralstation.com/081204I.html

Interesting stuff.

Thanks for sharing it.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 04, 04:05 PM
Jay Honeck

If your world has a freed public in Iraq, it is certainly very
different from mine.

Don't read the papers much, eh?

There's this thing called "democracy" growing over there. Give it time --
it might catch.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 04, 04:10 PM
Jay Honeck

the guts to finally come clean. Why don't you just admit that you are
against anything that Kerry/Edwards stand for, and are just another
Bush/Cheney toady?!

Because it's not true -- I think they're all assholes.

I guess that makes me an "equal opportunity twit", eh?

;-)

My wife and I annually fly to the midwest, and I had planned on
stopping by to stay at your 3rd rate motel, just from a sense of
pilot-comraderie. Forget it.

Gosh, if you get this worked up about a Usenet discussion -- about politics,
of all things! -- I'd appreciate it if you'd stay the hell away from my
airport.

You're a bit too unstable to be piloting a plane.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 04, 04:11 PM
Jay Honeck

Your call, sir. I'd suggest otherwise. I'd also suggest taking a course
on
learning how to snip.

Uh, thanks for the support, Jim.

That *was* support, right?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 25th 04, 04:15 PM
Tom S.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:8yTWc.85344

State's Rights and free trade are subjugated during wartime -- and always
have been.

During peace time, too.