Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 7th 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Dan wrote in
:

I wrote:
Just because you think something is so, does not make it so.
Apparently you have a problem with that distinction.
It's not about France -- it's about your adamant refusal to see that
you reasoning is flawed.

Jay of Iowa replied:
No, Dan -- it's about your inability to follow a thread. My
reasoning hasn't even started to come into play here -- all I've been
doing is reporting my observations of French jokes in America.
You can deny anything you want -- but your denials don't make the
truth of the matter any less obvious, or any less true. And the
truth is, the French are the butt of many jokes in America -- period.
Anything else you want to read into this phenomenon is *your*
personal interpretation, not mine -- but denying the phenomenon is
just stupid.

I also wrote:
And that's your problem. I'll say it one more time then I'm done
trying to explain this basic logic to you -- just because YOU think
"Americans joke about" the French and those jokes are true while
other stereotype jokes are untrue is simply unreasonable.

Jay rebutted:
WTF? How did you get THAT out of anything I've said? I was simply
pointing out the dichotomy between types of ethnic jokes -- but I
guess that was a bit too subtle for you. Pity.

To Jay:
I'm done.

To anyone with sense:
Am I crazy or is this paperboy just supremely dense?

Unfortunately there are lots of him around these days.

bertie

Old March 7th 08, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 7, 7:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

To Jay:
I'm done.

To anyone with sense:
Am I crazy or is this paperboy just supremely dense?

Unfortunately there are lots of him around these days.

bertie

OK, cause he accused me of lack of subtlety, and I really, really hate
that.

Dan

Old March 7th 08, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:0dd33964-103f-4b30-a0c3-5c6d085a288b@
8g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 7, 7:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

To Jay:
I'm done.

To anyone with sense:
Am I crazy or is this paperboy just supremely dense?

Unfortunately there are lots of him around these days.

bertie

OK, cause he accused me of lack of subtlety, and I really, really hate
that.

He wouldn't know subtlety if it kicked him in the nuts.

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 01:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 7, 7:45 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

OK, cause he accused me of lack of subtlety, and I really, really hate
that.

He wouldn't know subtlety if it kicked him in the nuts.

Bertie

How long is the line to try that?

Dan
Old March 7th 08, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:88d6222a-3575-42dc-bbfa-56abcc30c2c0
@e31g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 7, 7:45 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

OK, cause he accused me of lack of subtlety, and I really, really hate
that.

He wouldn't know subtlety if it kicked him in the nuts.

Bertie

How long is the line to try that?

Well, sonme of the longest threads I've ever seen for starters!

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 01:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dylan Smith

On 2008-03-06, Jay Honeck wrote:
Due to budget constraints, the kids will also be riding those infamous
subways around Madrid -- something we are less than happy about. I trust
that since the Spanish Army fled Iraq after the last round of subway
bombings, my kid will be entirely safe. Not!

Hold on.. I didn't think you bought into this whole 'terrist' lets all
be terrified all the time bravo-sierra.

More people die in traffic accidents in a month in Spain than have died
in Madrid metro bombings in the last 10 years. As a pilot, you should
know better than this, and to get your risk assessments in proportion!

Travelling on the metro in Spain is probably two orders of magnitude
than taking your son flying in a light plane. I find it odd that you're
fretting about this.

--
From the sunny Isle of Man.
Old March 7th 08, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 7, 8:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

He wouldn't know subtlety if it kicked him in the nuts.

Bertie

How long is the line to try that?

Well, sonme of the longest threads I've ever seen for starters!

Bertie

I missed so much yesterday.

Silly me -- out doing other things (Chandelles, Lazy and not so lazy
8s, stalls, shorts and softs...) and not reading Jay's journalism.

First hour was in a C172E with the 145 HP. The takeoff roll is less
than enthusiastic and Larry and I looked at each other and laughed. We
knew we would eventually be flying but holy cow...

The Continental kinda lopes along -- like an old dog that gives you a
look that says, "I'll get there, I'll get there!"

After and hour we landed, had lunch, then headed down to VVS to pull
the A36 out. It cleared during that time and we went up and had some
fun. What an airplane. Every time I fly it I learn what else it can
do.

Despite the relatively low wind velocities, the air was turbulent up
to 4000' AGL -- very unusual around here when the wind isn't from the
east.

It sure was nice to be back up after a full five days...

Dan

Old March 7th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:99e33b0f-6469-496d-b951-
:

On Mar 7, 8:24 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

He wouldn't know subtlety if it kicked him in the nuts.

Bertie

How long is the line to try that?

Well, sonme of the longest threads I've ever seen for starters!

Bertie

I missed so much yesterday.

Silly me -- out doing other things (Chandelles, Lazy and not so lazy
8s, stalls, shorts and softs...) and not reading Jay's journalism.

For shame!

First hour was in a C172E with the 145 HP. The takeoff roll is less
than enthusiastic and Larry and I looked at each other and laughed. We
knew we would eventually be flying but holy cow...

I like the old C 145. Exactly like you say it is. A faithful old dog of
an engine. .

The Continental kinda lopes along -- like an old dog that gives you a
look that says, "I'll get there, I'll get there!"

After and hour we landed, had lunch, then headed down to VVS to pull
the A36 out. It cleared during that time and we went up and had some
fun. What an airplane. Every time I fly it I learn what else it can
do.

Despite the relatively low wind velocities, the air was turbulent up
to 4000' AGL -- very unusual around here when the wind isn't from the
east.

It sure was nice to be back up after a full five days...

I'm looking forward to not being up there for a ful five days!

Not so much the painting and mowing I'll be doing though..

Dan

Old March 7th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 7, 8:42 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Not so much the painting and mowing I'll be doing though..

Mowing??

You're in far warmer climes than I!!

I may be shoveling by nightfall.
Old March 7th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in news:81e37eac-3b70-4b62-a1fd-b91a7da27133@
13g2000hsb.googlegroups.com:

On Mar 7, 8:42 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Not so much the painting and mowing I'll be doing though..

Mowing??

You're in far warmer climes than I!!

maybe, but it's very very cold here too! It's gotta be done, though.

I may be shoveling by nightfall.

Was doing that the other day...

Bertei