SSA-OLC Generation 2.0

Old October 16th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default SSA-OLC Generation 2.0

On Oct 9, 1:32 am, "Doug Haluza" wrote:
Some of the many helpful suggestions received have been implemented in
the new OLC generation 2.0. Some more will be implemented later in the
year.Please understand that it was not possible to implement them all,
but your input is still appreciated, so keep the suggestions coming.
Not all functions of the new OLC generation 2.0 will be enabled on the
initial roll out, and will instead be phased in over time, so please be
patient.

So how and where should we provide feedback. Don't seem so be able to
find an obvious feedback link on the website itself. I also feel an
open discussion forum is the best for feedback so other users can see
what has already been reported and to provide reinforcement for new
features or to help with problems being encountered.

I finally flew yseterday in our club's ASK-21 and managed a bit over
50km for a scorable claim.

THe first thing that surprised me was that my 60 point flight, claimed
after 5pm in the western USA, was the first flight of the day in the
WORLD! Today, I only see 7 (SEVEN!) claims worldwide for Sunday,
October 15!

What is odd, is that the date on OLC is actually the 16th. Granted,
the claim was made on the 16th UTC, but the flight occurred on the 15th
per all normal interpretation of the date.

So the first question I have is whether there really were this few
submittals, or did a lot of flights not yet get scored.

-Tom

Old October 16th 06, 04:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

I also posted a Sunday flight to the OLC. Besides echoing Tom's date
and feedback comments, I experienced a scoring problem.

I landed out yesterday, so in SeeYou I highlighted only the first
portion of the flight recorder trace. SeeYou made an OLC file, which I
saved and manually posted (as described in the SeeYou forum). However,
OLC Rev 2 scored the whole flight, aerotow retrieve and all!

This problem never arose in the 2006 version of OLC, but then, again
SeeYou also took care of the posting automatically.

Questions
1. Is the improper scoring due to SeeYou, or to OLC?
2. How do I manually fix the problem?

-John

Old October 18th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons

Did this interface really go though beta testing??

I've been using the OLC for many years with no problem. Granted the
old interface had it problems, particularily for modifying an existing
claim. But this new interface appears cumbersome, non-intuitive, and
just plain broken.

I can not even find a way to change the date on the top calendar that
seems to constantly show tomorrow's date. Clicking on the desired date
on the calendar has no apparent effect.

For US flights, I'm using;
http://www3.onlinecontest.org/olc-2....tml?country=US

Bob
Old October 18th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Bob Gibbons wrote:
Did this interface really go though beta testing??

I've been using the OLC for many years with no problem. Granted the
old interface had it problems, particularily for modifying an existing
claim. But this new interface appears cumbersome, non-intuitive, and
just plain broken.

Worst webpage I have ever seen. It is unclear why they couldn't have
continued to use the old page while they developed a workable version of
the new one. Fortunately, they still have 51 weeks to get it fixed.

Old October 18th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hans

In a few weeks you will know how to use this new design, after all you
managed to use my old design ;-)

Old October 19th 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Hans, Your old main page design was fine (except that mysterious non
labeled checkbox on the left which actually allows further slicing of
the data). The problem was with the claim form and the claiming
process. That's all that needed to be fixed IMHO...

Thanks for your great contribution,

Ramy