Cessna Reveals "Cirrus Killer"

Old July 28th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Cessna Reveals "Cirrus Killer" - PHOTOS HERE

The Bonanza is nearing a million and the Baron cost more
than a Eclipse 500. Do you think that might be why Raytheon
is considering selling Beechcraft?

"StudentPPSEL" wrote in message

ups.com...

http://www.avweb.com/newspics/new_cessna2.jpg

| What will it *cost*?
|
| If it's a Cirrus killer it'd have to be priced
accordingly. 400-450k?

| Well that just put it WAYYYY!! beyond my price range.
Somewhere about 20 to
| 35k is about as far as I could go!
|
| Besides, who the hell could afford a half million dollar,4
place single
| engine aircraft anyway? Certainly not your average hourly
wage earner such

Old July 28th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tom Conner

"StudentPPSEL" wrote in message

"Kingfish" wrote in message
ups.com...

unicate wrote:
"Darkwing" theducksmailATyahoo.com wrote:
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/new_cessna2.jpg

What will it *cost*?

If it's a Cirrus killer it'd have to be priced accordingly.
400-450k?

Well that just put it WAYYYY!! beyond my price range. Somewhere
about 20 to 35k is about as far as I could go!

Besides, who the hell could afford a half million dollar,4 place
single engine aircraft anyway? Certainly not your average hourly
wage earner such as myself!

This answer really belongs in the "Why GA Is Dying" thread.

Old July 28th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

Jim Macklin wrote:
The Bonanza is nearing a million and the Baron cost more
than a Eclipse 500. Do you think that might be why Raytheon
is considering selling Beechcraft?

$4+ for 100LL isn't helping, but typically the people that can afford a
Bonanza or Baron can deal with the cost of fuel. BTW, the G58 Baron
goes around 1.2M while the Eclipse is 1.45M. Kinda makes you wonder
who's buying Beech's piston twins?

Old July 28th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Particularly when you look at speed and maintenance costs
per mile.

ups.com...

Old July 28th 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_1_]

"StudentPPSEL" wrote in message news:Rrmyg.250819
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/new_cessna2.jpg

What will it *cost*?

If it's a Cirrus killer it'd have to be priced accordingly. 400-450k?

Well that just put it WAYYYY!! beyond my price range. Somewhere about 20
35k is about as far as I could go!

Besides, who the hell could afford a half million dollar,4 place single
engine aircraft anyway?

Probably those people who won lifes lottery and fly their own +$1M aircraft.

Certainly not your average hourly wage earner such
as myself!

There's a hell of a lot of people, unlike yourself, that created businesses,
thus making much more $$$ than you and who use them for business, thus
garnering tax deductions whilst enjoying their $500K, and even more,
aircraft.

Maybe you should buy another life's lottery ticket?

--
Matt
---------------------

Old July 28th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_1_]

"Jim Macklin" wrote in message
The Bonanza is nearing a million and the Baron cost more
than a Eclipse 500.

And neither are turbo'ed, sao they get to ride down in the low altitude
turbulence...

Do you think that might be why Raytheon
is considering selling Beechcraft?

With their overhead, I wonder how much that affects the prices?

--
Matt
---------------------

Old July 28th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

StudentPPSEL,

Besides, who the hell could afford a half million dollar,4 place single
engine aircraft anyway? Certainly not your average hourly wage earner such
as myself!

All the guys buying Cirrus SR22s - when there is a much lower cost
alternative available in the form of the SR20.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 28th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jim,

The Bonanza is nearing a million and the Baron cost more
than a Eclipse 500. Do you think that might be why Raytheon
is considering selling Beechcraft?

Cessna is building a Cirrus killer, not a Bonanza killer. The reason is
that Bonanzas practically don't sell new.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 28th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Kingfish,

Kinda makes you wonder
who's buying Beech's piston twins?

Next to nobody. Look at the numbers.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 28th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I think Raytheon sees a lot of liability for the investment.