TSA panics over baptism device

Old January 8th 04, 04:21 PM
C J Campbell

"Dave" wrote in message

| "CSA722" wrote in message
| First of all, this occurred in the United States. Secondly, no one asks
| those questions in the United States. The passenger did not lie to
| security
| screeners. You may climb down off your high horse now.
|

| It is about time they started asking the questions again - I'm not getting
| on a high horse, just pointing out the differences in security practice.

Even Loy did not think asking those questions accomplished anything.

Old January 8th 04, 04:22 PM
C J Campbell

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

| Frankly, I think it is a waste of time and resources to devote so much
time
| and attention to an innocent device carried by a devout Roman Catholic.
|

| But we should pay attention to an innocent device carried by a devout
Muslim?
| Roman Catholics don't have a good record in the violence department.

Did I say that? No, I didn't think so.

Old January 8th 04, 04:25 PM
C J Campbell

Believe it or not, there are all kinds of reasons to carry guns and knives
in your baggage. Knives don't even have to be declared at the check-in
counter. Frankly, if you have been taking this stuff, you should be
prosecuted for theft.

Old January 8th 04, 05:10 PM
Dave

"C J Campbell" wrote in message
Believe it or not, there are all kinds of reasons to carry guns and knives
in your baggage. Knives don't even have to be declared at the check-in
counter. Frankly, if you have been taking this stuff, you should be
prosecuted for theft.

Good reason to ask the questions at check -in. If someone forgot he had them
then he could remove them before the TSa removed them and give him a
criminal record.
If he lies at checkin then the TSAshould through the book at him.
another worthy of extinction

Old January 8th 04, 05:49 PM
C J Campbell

"Dave" wrote in message

| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| Believe it or not, there are all kinds of reasons to carry guns and
knives
| in your baggage. Knives don't even have to be declared at the check-in
| counter. Frankly, if you have been taking this stuff, you should be
| prosecuted for theft.
|
| Good reason to ask the questions at check -in. If someone forgot he had
them
| then he could remove them before the TSa removed them and give him a
| criminal record.
| If he lies at checkin then the TSAshould through the book at him.
| another worthy of extinction

No reason at all. People should be allowed to carry their guns and knives
onto the airplane with them. If we trust them with guns and knives on the
ground, people are no less trustworthy in the air. Disarming the public does
nothing in the fight against terrorism. In fact, it is easier to terrorize
the helpless than it is to terrorize those capable of defending themselves.

Old January 8th 04, 07:26 PM
Ron Natalie

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message ...

Jim Divoky wrote:

Even
without terrorists, there is a significant threat from nuts and little old
ladies with handguns.

One of the local cops here has a sign in her office that says:
Yes, I have PMS and I have a gun. Any questions?

Old January 8th 04, 08:35 PM
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message

| "C J Campbell" wrote in message
| Believe it or not, there are all kinds of reasons to carry guns and
knives
| in your baggage. Knives don't even have to be declared at the check-in
| counter. Frankly, if you have been taking this stuff, you should be
| prosecuted for theft.
|
| Good reason to ask the questions at check -in. If someone forgot he had
them
| then he could remove them before the TSa removed them and give him a
| criminal record.
| If he lies at checkin then the TSAshould through the book at him.
| another worthy of extinction

No reason at all. People should be allowed to carry their guns and knives
onto the airplane with them. If we trust them with guns and knives on the
ground, people are no less trustworthy in the air. Disarming the public

does
nothing in the fight against terrorism. In fact, it is easier to terrorize
the helpless than it is to terrorize those capable of defending

themselves.

You miss the point again, lets take it for read that pax carrying guns and
knifes onto planes is not allowed. Where is the best place to verify that
people are not carrying things that are either not allowed or have been
given to them to carry on board.

My point was that it was better to ask at the checkin. If the pax lies, you
know he is not law abiding and so its easy to know what to do with him when
the TSA stop him. Go to jail do not collect $200.

If the pax owns up, then he removes his contraband but can continue before
he is guilty of an offence.

ah well another for the kill file

Old January 8th 04, 09:52 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Divoky wrote:

Even
without terrorists, there is a significant threat from nuts and little old
ladies with handguns.

Well, the fact that you were finding all this stuff and didn't have a clue that
it was there is pretty solid evidence that there's no threat associated with
letting people carry it on board.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old January 9th 04, 01:51 AM
C J Campbell

"Dave" wrote in message |
| ah well another for the kill file

Indeed, another idiot who can't stand to have people disagree with him. If
you cannot respect my opinion I certainly am not going to listen to yours.

Make that two for the kill file.

DIY DF device John Home Built 15 May 4th 04 11:32 PM
Plane with no stall warning device? Roy Smith General Aviation 23 February 17th 04 03:23 AM
PC flight simulators Bjørnar Bolsøy Military Aviation 178 December 14th 03 12:14 PM
Coalition casualties for October Michael Petukhov Military Aviation 16 November 4th 03 11:14 PM
New affordable high performance anti-collision device for general aviation Thierry Piloting 1 October 21st 03 08:06 PM