Plane crashes into tree

Old December 8th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Plane crashes into tree

FLAV8R writes:

Check this one out: http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm

This image has been photoshopped.

Old December 8th 06, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roy Smith

I don't get it. Everybody here rants about the media when they jump to
conclusions and print stupid **** in the papers. Aren't we doing the same
thing here? Everybody's looking at a picture of an airplane in a tree and
assuming it's the airplane's fault. Hasn't it occurred to anybody that
this might have been one of those FAA-standard 50 foot trees that leap up
out of nowhere to catch unsuspecting airplanes (kind of like Charlie
Brown's kite-eating tree)?
Old December 8th 06, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"Jose" wrote in message
But that still wasn't a photo of the accident site.

... which is exactly what I said.

Jose

I know... I misread your post. I even sent a cancel message but since no
newsserver accept cancel messages anymore all I can say is mea culpa.

Old December 8th 06, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Fri, 08 Dec 2006 17:05:20 -0500, in
, Roy Smith
wrote:
I don't get it. Everybody here rants about the media when they jump to
conclusions and print stupid **** in the papers. Aren't we doing the
same thing here? Everybody's looking at a picture of an airplane in a
tree and assuming it's the airplane's fault. Hasn't it occurred to
anybody that this might have been one of those FAA-standard 50 foot
trees that leap up out of nowhere to catch unsuspecting airplanes (kind
of like Charlie Brown's kite-eating tree)?

The tree doesn't look to be 50 ft tall, but you definitely do have a
point... As a snow skier, I am well aquainted with the fact that there are
certain trees who take a perverse pleasure in jumping out in front of you
and attacking you... Hell, if you don't believe me, just ask Sonny Bono or
Michael Kennedy... Oh, wait a minute... You *can't* ask them since they
were stalked and eventually murdered by a tree... Of course, some
witnesses swear that there was a second tree at the snow-covered knoll
when Michael Kennedy was murdered

Of course, it wasn't truly Michael Kennedy's fault since he was given
skiing lessons by the same person who gave Teddy driving lessons...

--
"Plant a tree, kill a Kennedy..."
Old December 9th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

"Roy Smith" wrote in message ...
Hasn't it occurred to anybody that
this might have been one of those FAA-standard 50 foot trees that leap up
out of nowhere to catch unsuspecting airplanes (kind of like Charlie
Brown's kite-eating tree)?

Ever wonder how the military trains their pilots?
Here is clear example of a military style short field takeoff with 50ft
obstacle.
http://www.aviatordave.com/flight_school.htm#takeoff

David

Old December 9th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Grumman-581 wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:23:39 +0000, in
, Ron Lee wrote:
snip

You might need to check out the date on your machine or your news
server... It's a month ahead of time... Here's a copy of the headers...

I fixed that. Thanks

Ron Lee
Old December 9th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Al G[_1_]

news
wrote:
I don't get it. Everybody here rants about the media when they jump to
conclusions and print stupid **** in the papers. Aren't we doing the
same thing here? Everybody's looking at a picture of an airplane in a
tree and assuming it's the airplane's fault. Hasn't it occurred to
anybody that this might have been one of those FAA-standard 50 foot
trees that leap up out of nowhere to catch unsuspecting airplanes (kind
of like Charlie Brown's kite-eating tree)?

The tree doesn't look to be 50 ft tall, but you definitely do have a
point... As a snow skier, I am well aquainted with the fact that there are
certain trees who take a perverse pleasure in jumping out in front of you
and attacking you... Hell, if you don't believe me, just ask Sonny Bono or
Michael Kennedy... Oh, wait a minute... You *can't* ask them since they
were stalked and eventually murdered by a tree...

Slammed, by a tree.

Al G

Old December 9th 06, 12:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Lee

Roy Smith wrote:

I don't get it. Everybody here rants about the media when they jump to
conclusions and print stupid **** in the papers. Aren't we doing the same
thing here? Everybody's looking at a picture of an airplane in a tree and
assuming it's the airplane's fault. Hasn't it occurred to anybody that
this might have been one of those FAA-standard 50 foot trees that leap up
out of nowhere to catch unsuspecting airplanes (kind of like Charlie
Brown's kite-eating tree)?

Nope. Those trees have been there a long time.

Ron Lee
Old December 9th 06, 07:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 00:25:23 +0000, in ,
Ron Lee wrote:
I fixed that. Thanks

Damn, I was hoping that yours was set correctly and I could ask you what
the lottery numbers were going to be... grin