Why The Hell... (random rant)

Old April 9th 07, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Why The Hell... (random rant)

Maxwell writes:

And since we all know you have never flown or even worked on a 747, your
reference are?

My study and simulation of the aircraft. What are yours?

You really should try to discuss the topic at hand, rather than try to
discredit me. There's not much to be gained in the latter if you haven't
established your own credibility with the former.

Old April 9th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
d.g.s.

On 4/8/2007 7:33 PM Mxsmanic jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

You really should try to discuss the topic at hand, rather than try to
discredit me.

You really should try to quit telling others how and what to post.

You seem upset. Perhaps you should take a tranquilizer.
--
dgs
Old April 9th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Maxwell writes:

And since we all know you have never flown or even worked on a 747, your
reference are?

My study and simulation of the aircraft. What are yours?

You really should try to discuss the topic at hand, rather than try to
discredit me. There's not much to be gained in the latter if you haven't
established your own credibility with the former.

Exacty, based on information you pulled out of your butt!

Old April 9th 07, 04:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Gary[_2_]

On Apr 7, 2:31 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Yes, and that's why a non-pilot can land an airliner in an emergency.

No, you can't.

Do you make the 'poketa poketa poketa' sound in your head when you
have these Walter Mitty fantasies?

Old April 9th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gary writes:

No, you can't.

I've already explained how and why it is possible.

Old April 9th 07, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Gary writes:

No, you can't.

I've already explained how and why it is possible.

No, you just outlined your fantasy. This is not a simulator forum, it is a
forum for real pilots. We deal with real answers. The scenario you dreamed
is nothing more than science fiction.

You are deranged.

Old April 9th 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Maxwell writes:

No, you just outlined your fantasy. This is not a simulator forum, it is a
forum for real pilots. We deal with real answers. The scenario you dreamed
is nothing more than science fiction.

You may have missed the relevant posts, in which I outlined the general
procedure that would be followed by a non-pilot in order to land a typical
airliner, in real life, with help over the radio in the form of instructions
from someone very familiar with the aircraft.

The procedure is quite simple. Anyone with the ability to correctly follow
instructions would be able to carry it out. No piloting experience would be
required, for reasons that I have already explained.

Old April 9th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Maxwell writes:

No, you just outlined your fantasy. This is not a simulator forum, it is
forum for real pilots. We deal with real answers. The scenario you
dreamed
is nothing more than science fiction.

You may have missed the relevant posts, in which I outlined the general
procedure that would be followed by a non-pilot in order to land a typical
airliner, in real life, with help over the radio in the form of
instructions
from someone very familiar with the aircraft.

The procedure is quite simple. Anyone with the ability to correctly
follow
instructions would be able to carry it out. No piloting experience would
be
required, for reasons that I have already explained.

Exactly, just you you outlined in YOUR FANTASY.

Old April 9th 07, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Snowbird

"Mxsmanic" wrote :

You may have missed the relevant posts, in which I outlined the general
procedure that would be followed by a non-pilot in order to land a typical
airliner, in real life, with help over the radio in the form of
instructions
from someone very familiar with the aircraft.

I'd like to examine that procedure. As you are obviously the planet's prime
expert on the subject of where to find those posts, could you please direct
me to them.

The procedure is quite simple. Anyone with the ability to correctly
follow
instructions would be able to carry it out. No piloting experience would
be
required, for reasons that I have already explained.

Same as above, please direct me to those reasons.

Old April 9th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
andrew m. boardman

K Baum wrote:
Here again, all airline flights are conducted on an instrument flight
plan.

Is this totally true now? It wasn't too common, but a few years ago US
scheduled 135 was still making VFR flights around here, and last I
checked there was an OpSpec allowance for part 121 VFR flights, though I
don't know to what degree it's ever been issued.

RANT! wise purchaser Owning 2 March 27th 07 10:04 PM
Random thoughts 2 Bill Daniels Soaring 6 September 1st 06 05:37 AM
A Jeppesen rant Peter R. Piloting 4 January 17th 05 03:54 AM
Why didn't GWB [insert rant] Jack Military Aviation 1 July 15th 04 11:30 PM
Random Hold Generator... Tina Marie Instrument Flight Rules 0 November 5th 03 04:21 PM